Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Croat, 12.04.2015 - 06:23
Before all, I decided to put this here because nobody will see it in traslation forum. After I get an answer, I will move this thread there, or mod can do that, doesnt matter.

I was working on translations to Croatian language. Also, translated many things, but I noticed every second translation is wrongly translated.
There are fucking many grammar/spelling mistakes, uncorrectly translated words (probably by someone who used Google Translator), uncorrectly translated sentences in order to default sentence on English, sentences mixed with 3 similiar, but also different languages (Croatian/Bosnian/Serbian) and many other errors.
I dont know who is approving that and even checking that, translation mods for Croatian are inactive as hell, and more that 600 translations are staying on 'pending'.

So, I wanted to ask several questions:
- Are translation mods those who are checking and approving translations?
- How is it possible that someone from other country was translating on Croatian language (and was given by protocoin award), I dont care how similiar languages are but 'New York' translation on Croatian is not 'Nju Jork', like it is on Serbian.
- How is it possible that, in average, there are 6/10 translations wrongly translated, but they are approved as correcrt?
- And last but most important, is it possible to give me moderatorship for Croatian language, I will take care to finish it alone?
I know Croatian grammar and spelling perfectly, also I am very good in English.
I want to finally finish translation on my own language without wrong translations or several hundreds of them being on fucking 'pending' for more than year.

I dont need any protocoins or award, I will do it on my own and biggest award for me will be correctly translated AW on Croatian language, just allow me to take care of that.

Thanks for answers,
Croat
13.04.2015 - 17:18
Written by Croat, 13.04.2015 at 17:15

ps. I cant be more useless than those 3 mods for croatian xd

Depends, you can still decide to translate everything into another language instead of doing it in croatian right??
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

13.04.2015 - 17:33
Written by RaulPB, 13.04.2015 at 17:18

Depends, you can still decide to translate everything into another language instead of doing it in croatian right??

I wont. Croatian = sanctity :d
----

13.04.2015 - 18:12
Written by Croat, 13.04.2015 at 17:33

not true. Latin = sanctity?
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

13.04.2015 - 18:18
Written by RaulPB, 13.04.2015 at 18:12

Agree for most of European languages, but for me there is only one sait language xd
----

Agree for most of European languages, but for me there is only one sait language xd
----

----

----

----

13.04.2015 - 18:44
Written by Croat, 13.04.2015 at 18:18

OP power, 5 quotes in 0'1 seconds.
For me, there's no such thing as saint stuff, but if you like... I hereby declare Croatin as the most saint language of all
----
We're all people.

13.04.2015 - 19:01
Written by RaulPB, 13.04.2015 at 18:44

Written by Croat, 13.04.2015 at 18:18

OP power, 5 quotes in 0'1 seconds.
For me, there's no such thing as saint stuff, but if you like... I hereby declare Croatin as the most saint language of all

<3
----

13.04.2015 - 19:06
Written by RaulPB, 13.04.2015 at 06:23

Welp, now that this non sense patriotic argument is over....

Croat, language moderators are responsable for everything, good or wrong, in the traslations of a language. For instance, in spanish language we have several moderators... but...:

Tunder makes basic spelling mistakes, clovis needs to improve a bit his english, i barely know anything about tigro so I can't talk about him properly but his last translation is from 2 years and average quality, wtf is unleashed doing as a moderator...? then we have guest, whom I haven't seen a single translation yet and utahraper, a USA guy away for 100 days whose translations are very very average... I suspect some people might have even used google translate as well.

Therefor I became a spanish moderator since I fucking know my own language more than any of those so called moderators, non of them actually from spain but from america. No mean to offend the american spanish but their spanish is not the standard and as far as I am concerned, they've made some painful mistakes around (it's kinda shocking sometimes to see certain mistakes). As moderator I have all the possible ease to correct and improve the translations. I suggest you do the same.

So I'll answer for them:

1) Tunder3 is not spanish. His grammal is too horrible for being one. He probably learned "a bit" at the school... I support to remove him.

2) Now I'll answer for me and other Americans that Translate the language.

Is is true and I do admit, that our Spanish is not the best nor the most "Neutral" one. Damm it! Don't know a single American country where people doesn't use the "Ok" (In spanish is "vale"). We have too much English words in our culture and we had eventually include them on our regional language....

However you are wrong when you say Spanish is Standard for Spain (Irony strong, but is the reality lol). Here's a list of some of the regional words used by Spanish people, who aren't recognized as a proper spanish word:

https://espanol.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081111160021AAd3jfL

But pew... the regionalism exist everywhere, as far as I know no speaker of one language speaks it 100% correctly.... Maybe you wanted to ask who speak a more "pure" or "Understandable" Spanish, to which I would agree that Spain is for obvious (U.S) reasons.

3) Tigro is paraguayan, better know as AlexMeza. You can see all his posts in the International Spanish Forums.

4) Remove unleashed..... WTF?

5) I don't know about that guest either.. But I don't think he is someone we can question about because....

6) Utah is a recognized MapMaker, I personally enjoy playing on his map. However I never knew he speak spanish...

So for Spanish moderators I support to remove Tunder and Unleashed, Confirm that Guest and Utah really have Spanish as natural language, and announce for more Spanish mods !
13.04.2015 - 20:17
Written by clovis1122, 13.04.2015 at 19:06

If tunder is not spanish... wtf is he doing as a spanish moderator?

Our regionalisms are far less "english" than yours and we have far less of them as well. Anyway, they can easily be avoid. In your case, you use them daily and some of them are key words. Also, you guys don't even seem to understand/speak english as well as I can nor speak spanish correctly sometimes... (yeah, you know what I mean clovis).

Well, I don't know Tigro personally, his translations are correct eventhough he makes minor mistakes in some of them. I still don't get what is Unleashed doing there, I still dont know if Guest really knows spanish but yeah... he's a mod, they'll probably ban me for asking wether he should be as a spanish moderator when he hasnt made a single translation. Utah can be all the map maker he wants but that won't safe his ass from questioning his role as a spanish moderator...

I'd personally wipe out everyone except you (cause I must be nice to you ) and Tigro.
----
We're all people.

13.04.2015 - 22:26
Written by RaulPB, 13.04.2015 at 20:17

Also, you guys don't even seem to understand/speak english as well as I can nor speak spanish correctly sometimes... (yeah, you know what I mean clovis).

INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY.

Anyway yeah you are right (cannot argue with a spanish about his own language FTW). Time to change topic...

Written by RaulPB, 13.04.2015 at 08:45

That's what I'm telling you to do: ask ivan to make you croatian moderator so that you can improve it yourself

Written by RaulPB, 13.04.2015 at 06:23

Therefor I became a spanish moderator

I think you hide something here.... Related to this:

Written by clovis1122, 12.04.2015 at 08:17

Ask Ivan. Try to get someone to vouch for you (preferably another croat)

But ofc u must be nice to me end of the thread

I'd personally wipe out everyone except you (cause I must be nice to you ) and Tigro.
13.04.2015 - 22:55
Written by Dereny, 12.04.2015 at 18:49

Written by theFuehrer, 12.04.2015 at 18:06

Written by Fockmeeard, 12.04.2015 at 16:46

Written by Croat, 12.04.2015 at 15:16

Written by Fockmeeard, 12.04.2015 at 14:19

Written by Croat, 12.04.2015 at 09:02

Written by Fockmeeard, 12.04.2015 at 08:58

Written by Croat, 12.04.2015 at 08:55

Than stfu, cause you speak 1 darn language that speak rest of world. I speak that shitty language and 3 more + 3 similiar to Croatian = 7 languages

Congratz now you can speak to the 4 croatians, the 8 Serbians, the 2 Bosnians and so on...

Listen kid,
if we are not this intellingent to learn 4 world languages + differences between 3 similiar languages, you wouldnt be able to conversate with us.

Also, wherever I go, in Italy, France, Germany, England (Usa, Canada, Australia) or travel here through Balkans, I am able to have conversation with anyone and anywhere.
Whatsmore, I know old Latinian language well.

And what with you? When you leave your shitty country, you have to pray to God someone knows to explain you something on English...

Sapienti sat.

You and the rest of the world are forced to learn English because that is master language. Also, no American or Australian says to themself "Well shit I can't talk to the people in the balkans time to kill myself" Very few people actually recognize your existance. You go ask anyone in the Americas or in Asia and they will say "The fuck is a croatia?"

Every 3rd american doesnt even know where is Europe, so I dont expect them to know where is Croatia.
I was screaming when I saw answers of Americans about continents and each country in Europe.
Average IQ -3k
General knowlege of Americans is really bad, proven facts. I wont stay more on this theme, better for you.

Also, I am not forced to talk english wherever I go, because Germans and Italians hate speaking on English, also known fact.
I am only forced to talk English with Americans, because you are not able to talk on any other language.

Hi, we engineered NASA, we went to the moon, we engineered the assembly line, our advanced military is why you are not controlled by nazis, and we are the reason for google, amazon, Microsoft, and Apple. Compare that to whatever you have created in Croatia (fresh goat milk maybe?) and its obvious who the smarter, advanced civilization is.

Dude, just stop. I live in the USA and everything you are saying is bull shit.

Are you disagreeing with NASA, assembly line, and the military part or things previously mentioned that I dont feel like reading?

I am disagreeing with everything he said. He didn't engineer NASA, nor did any current American. In fact, NASA's technology was developed by Nazi Scientists. Also, he is claiming that Americas advanced military is the reason nazis aren't controlling other people... I'm pretty sure America was a few years late into the war. If anyone stopped the Nazi military it would have to be the Red Army and their cold winter. He's also claiming he is the reason everyone is able to have google, amazon, microsoft, and apple.. when in fact it was only created by a few smart people...

What I am trying to say is... because a few people actually have a brain, it sure doesn't mean the entire country has a brain too...
14.04.2015 - 16:39
Written by theFuehrer, 13.04.2015 at 22:55

Written by Dereny, 12.04.2015 at 18:49

Written by theFuehrer, 12.04.2015 at 18:06

Than stfu, cause you speak 1 darn language that speak rest of world. I speak that shitty language and 3 more + 3 similiar to Croatian = 7 languages

Congratz now you can speak to the 4 croatians, the 8 Serbians, the 2 Bosnians and so on...

Listen kid,
if we are not this intellingent to learn 4 world languages + differences between 3 similiar languages, you wouldnt be able to conversate with us.

Also, wherever I go, in Italy, France, Germany, England (Usa, Canada, Australia) or travel here through Balkans, I am able to have conversation with anyone and anywhere.

And what with you? When you leave your shitty country, you have to pray to God someone knows to explain you something on English...

Sapienti sat.

You and the rest of the world are forced to learn English because that is master language. Also, no American or Australian says to themself "Well shit I can't talk to the people in the balkans time to kill myself" Very few people actually recognize your existance. You go ask anyone in the Americas or in Asia and they will say "The fuck is a croatia?"

Every 3rd american doesnt even know where is Europe, so I dont expect them to know where is Croatia.
I was screaming when I saw answers of Americans about continents and each country in Europe.
Average IQ -3k
General knowlege of Americans is really bad, proven facts. I wont stay more on this theme, better for you.

Also, I am not forced to talk english wherever I go, because Germans and Italians hate speaking on English, also known fact.
I am only forced to talk English with Americans, because you are not able to talk on any other language.

Hi, we engineered NASA, we went to the moon, we engineered the assembly line, our advanced military is why you are not controlled by nazis, and we are the reason for google, amazon, Microsoft, and Apple. Compare that to whatever you have created in Croatia (fresh goat milk maybe?) and its obvious who the smarter, advanced civilization is.

Dude, just stop. I live in the USA and everything you are saying is bull shit.

Are you disagreeing with NASA, assembly line, and the military part or things previously mentioned that I dont feel like reading?

I am disagreeing with everything he said. He didn't engineer NASA, nor did any current American. In fact, NASA's technology was developed by Nazi Scientists. Also, he is claiming that Americas advanced military is the reason nazis aren't controlling other people... I'm pretty sure America was a few years late into the war. If anyone stopped the Nazi military it would have to be the Red Army and their cold winter. He's also claiming he is the reason everyone is able to have google, amazon, microsoft, and apple.. when in fact it was only created by a few smart people...

What I am trying to say is... because a few people actually have a brain, it sure doesn't mean the entire country has a brain too...

So from what I think I understand from what you wrote this is what you are saying:

Nazis made the technology to go to the moon so we used their technology 20 years after the fact.
Russia would have beaten Germany regardless if the US came or not even though the US sent aid to UK to hold against Germany in the west and then also eliminated Japan from the game plan.

Furthermore, when he says the word "we" he is referring to everyone in the US and every invention, every event is given credit to the not only those involved. but the nation as a whole. For example, Russia sent the first satellite into space. There were only some people involved in this accomplishment, not the whole nation, yet all of Russia is said to have sent the satellite into space. This occurrence of giving credit to a whole nation is not uncommon so for him to give credit of google or amazon to the US is not really a stretch as I feel you are saying.
15.04.2015 - 05:16
Written by clovis1122, 13.04.2015 at 22:26

INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY.
Anyway yeah you are right (cannot argue with a spanish about his own language FTW). Time to change topic...
I think you hide something here.... Related to this:
But ofc u must be nice to me end of the thread

Yeah.... hm... no way. You've proven yourself guilty so many times that there's no way now for you to fool us with your angel face. You have no salvation lol
Since I must be nice to you I will admit having become a spanish moderator thanks to your suggestion but I will also add that my qualities deserved to be used for this aim: fix all the fuck ups you guys made
----
We're all people.

15.04.2015 - 05:23

Written by clovis1122, 13.04.2015 at 19:06

If tunder is not spanish... wtf is he doing as a spanish moderator?

Our regionalisms are far less "english" than yours and we have far less of them as well. Anyway, they can easily be avoid. In your case, you use them daily and some of them are key words. Also, you guys don't even seem to understand/speak english as well as I can nor speak spanish correctly sometimes... (yeah, you know what I mean clovis).

Well, I don't know Tigro personally, his translations are correct eventhough he makes minor mistakes in some of them. I still don't get what is Unleashed doing there, I still dont know if Guest really knows spanish but yeah... he's a mod, they'll probably ban me for asking wether he should be as a spanish moderator when he hasnt made a single translation. Utah can be all the map maker he wants but that won't safe his ass from questioning his role as a spanish moderator...

Tunder is mexican.
15.04.2015 - 05:31
Written by hormigaatomica, 15.04.2015 at 05:23

Tunder is mexican.

Well, if that's true, he should consider studying spanish spelling again.
----
We're all people.

15.04.2015 - 05:31
Written by Croat, 12.04.2015 at 16:58

Listen kid,

Sapienti sat.

Average IQ -3k

I am talking about average knowledge of USA people, not about smart people who invented useful things.

PS. Croatia had Nikola Tesla, without him there wouldnt be any of your Usa inventions lol

+ that story abour goats milk and other stereotip shit you can go post to people like you, not to me, please

Who is Nikola Tesla?

I hate this kind of natinalist guys.

One thing is feelling proud of your country and another thing is what the most people here in this game, especially from balkans countries are.
15.04.2015 - 05:38

Written by Fockmeeard, 12.04.2015 at 08:53

Written by Croat, 12.04.2015 at 08:37

Written by Fockmeeard, 12.04.2015 at 08:34

Man, the 4 other people that speak croatian must be very pissed off about this!

Does USA got its own language?

No, we speak English like the rest of the world.

Congrats.

I think they are very usefull languages.
15.04.2015 - 07:24
Written by hormigaatomica, 15.04.2015 at 05:31

Listen kid,

Sapienti sat.

Average IQ -3k

I am talking about average knowledge of USA people, not about smart people who invented useful things.

PS. Croatia had Nikola Tesla, without him there wouldnt be any of your Usa inventions lol

+ that story abour goats milk and other stereotip shit you can go post to people like you, not to me, please

Who is Nikola Tesla?

One thing is feelling proud of your country and another thing is what the most people here in this game, especially from balkans countries are.

Nikola Tesla is Croat who invented electricy and many other useful things without him you wouldnt play atwar today and you would be shephard in mountains
----

15.04.2015 - 08:13
Written by Croat, 15.04.2015 at 07:24

Listen kid,

Sapienti sat.

Average IQ -3k

Who is Nikola Tesla?

Nikola Tesla is Croat who invented electricy and many other useful things without him you wouldnt play atwar today and you would be shephard in mountains

Every country has relevant persons, inventors, etc etc etc

Was he from your family or something like that?
15.04.2015 - 08:15
Would you idiots stop quoting the whole goddamn conversation.
----
15.04.2015 - 08:19
Written by Goblin, 15.04.2015 at 08:15

Would you idiots stop quoting the whole goddamn conversation.

No witty meme? Now I'm ashamed of you.
15.04.2015 - 08:36
Written by b0nker2, 15.04.2015 at 08:19

No witty meme? Now I'm ashamed of you.

----
15.04.2015 - 08:48
Written by hormigaatomica, 15.04.2015 at 08:13

Listen kid,

Sapienti sat.

Average IQ -3k

Who is Nikola Tesla?

He was my mothers brother
----

15.04.2015 - 08:53
Written by Croat, 15.04.2015 at 08:48

----
15.04.2015 - 08:55
Written by Khal.eesi, 15.04.2015 at 08:53

----

15.04.2015 - 08:56

Written by hormigaatomica, 15.04.2015 at 08:13

Listen kid,

Sapienti sat.

Average IQ -3k

Who is Nikola Tesla?

15.04.2015 - 09:32
Written by Croat, 15.04.2015 at 08:55

Written by Khal.eesi, 15.04.2015 at 08:53

----
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word