Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by KYBL, 27.09.2013 - 14:54
(Thanks to Safari for inspiration)

Adopt a Newb is a program which I propose to the AtWar community. The idea is that a rank 6+ has the ability to "adopt" a new player. The goal is for the higher rank to help out the lower rank until they finally reach rank 6. Whenever they are in the same game, they are automatically allies and this alliance cannot be broken.

The idea is to build leadership skills for higher ranks, give lower ranks a chance at actual games rather than being eliminated within 5 turns and to build friendships between the higher ranks and lower ranks rather than having a few groups of friends.

This idea obviously needs some work done to it, but this is just the basics. For high and low ranks, this program is completely optional. Low ranks will be able to opt out of the program at any time but high ranks will need a reason to opt out so they will not just abandon new players.

Support or no support?
04.10.2013 - 12:49
 Soul
I'd help, if someone reads this and wants me to help them (like srs I don't want Muted or someone else that's like my level asking for help trolling me but if an actually low rank needs someone to teach them just find me).
----
Written by Amok, 12.03.2012 at 07:05

Why? It's much easier with the popup thingie buttons...

Written by Amok, 15.05.2013 at 06:51

Wow man, you're so wrong, I don't even know where to begin with
04.10.2013 - 16:31
Yeah I suggested a list to choose from aswell and for any low ranks the same goes for you. I am always available to help.
----
I hate to advocate drugs alcohol and violence to the kids, but it's always worked for me.
04.10.2013 - 16:43
So since this program has so much support, lets make an official thread.
07.10.2013 - 11:05
 Soul
Written by Fockmeeard, 04.10.2013 at 16:43

So since this program has so much support, lets make an official thread.

The question is who's going to do so? I would do so if no one up is up to the task, because I don't see why not. But it probably be best if a mod created a new topic and stickied it in my opinion. Or original creator of this thread makes new thread that appears a lot more professional.
----

07.10.2013 - 12:09
 VRIL
Just make a new thread it doesnt need to be too complicated, just list some names and introduce the idea in one or two sentences. PM any mod any we will sticky it
07.10.2013 - 12:16
 Soul
Written by KYBL, 27.09.2013 at 14:54

(Thanks to Safari for inspiration)

Adopt a Newb is a program which I propose to the AtWar community. The idea is that a rank 6+ has the ability to "adopt" a new player. The goal is for the higher rank to help out the lower rank until they finally reach rank 6. Whenever they are in the same game, they are automatically allies and this alliance cannot be broken.

The idea is to build leadership skills for higher ranks, give lower ranks a chance at actual games rather than being eliminated within 5 turns and to build friendships between the higher ranks and lower ranks rather than having a few groups of friends.

This idea obviously needs some work done to it, but this is just the basics. For high and low ranks, this program is completely optional. Low ranks will be able to opt out of the program at any time but high ranks will need a reason to opt out so they will not just abandon new players.

Support or no support?

(Just quoting you so it notifies you) We've got the support needed now, make the official thread man
----

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word