Get Premium to hide all ads
27.09.2013 - 14:54
 KYBL
(Thanks to Safari for inspiration)

Adopt a Newb is a program which I propose to the AtWar community. The idea is that a rank 6+ has the ability to "adopt" a new player. The goal is for the higher rank to help out the lower rank until they finally reach rank 6. Whenever they are in the same game, they are automatically allies and this alliance cannot be broken.

The idea is to build leadership skills for higher ranks, give lower ranks a chance at actual games rather than being eliminated within 5 turns and to build friendships between the higher ranks and lower ranks rather than having a few groups of friends.

This idea obviously needs some work done to it, but this is just the basics. For high and low ranks, this program is completely optional. Low ranks will be able to opt out of the program at any time but high ranks will need a reason to opt out so they will not just abandon new players.

Support or no support?
----

27.09.2013 - 15:00
Support, but the auto alliance thing can be optional, who wants to be my pro!?
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

27.09.2013 - 15:00
But what if the newb annoys me? Can I kill him?

But I do support.
----

TJM !!!
27.09.2013 - 15:01
You should have the option to end him:p
----

27.09.2013 - 15:01
I agree to this idea. Atwar is too full of noobs and lowranks atm. The only problem i see with this is that some newer players might want to only play in beginners room, where higher ones cant. Isnt this the reason the room was created in the first place?

"If you go any slower, youre gonna fall over"- Ricky Carmichael to his supercross team riders.
27.09.2013 - 15:03
Written by CApS lOCk bRoKe, 27.09.2013 at 15:01

I agree to this idea. Atwar is too full of noobs and lowranks atm. The only problem i see with this is that some newer players might want to only play in beginners room, where higher ones cant. Isnt this the reason the room was created in the first place?

"If you go any slower, youre gonna fall over"- Ricky Carmichael to his supercross team riders.

maybe rank 4-6?
----

27.09.2013 - 15:04
 KYBL
Written by CApS lOCk bRoKe, 27.09.2013 at 15:01

The idea is to make lower rank players more comfortable in the regular room
----

27.09.2013 - 15:06
Ok, ok. I see it now, it is a good idea and id like to see it implemented and, ya know, see how it goes.

"If you go any slower, youre gonna fall over"- Ricky Carmichael to his supercross team riders
27.09.2013 - 15:16
Tunder3 adopting low ranks, we can use skype since i am not allowed to play.
27.09.2013 - 15:31
Written by The Taliban, 27.09.2013 at 15:16

Tunder3 adopting low ranks, we can use skype since i am not allowed to play.

TUNDER! teach me your ways of trolling Also tactics. I can troll high ranks then and beat them, the good ones, and say they got beaten by a rank 6 or 7 nearly now .
27.09.2013 - 17:05
Now when do we get our adopted lowranks so-to-speak?

27.09.2013 - 17:44
 Nero
Support
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
27.09.2013 - 18:11
I've done this with a few players who are now solid, the hard part is finding somebody to actually listen and take on board what you say, it's good idea just don't really know how much of an impact it will have. Support nonetheless.

If anyone wants advice then feel free to PM
27.09.2013 - 18:13
Support. But yeah as The Tactitian said auto alliance should be an optional thing
----
ho
27.09.2013 - 18:27
Support. Adopt disadvantaged nwbs here.
27.09.2013 - 20:52
Yes TOTAL SUPPORT. Lets train the next generation of good aw players.

27.09.2013 - 20:56
Oh and by the way, you should only let trustable players train noobs into good players. If you let trolls do it, the might get them to always do things trolly like wf first turn, backstab, and other crap like that.

28.09.2013 - 03:03
Ok, but there is one loophole in this, if a rank 7 is going to train me, and he doesn't know how to wall I'm screwed right? i beat rank 7'swho are total noobs, at the same time some are total pro's. that being said, when will this start?
----

28.09.2013 - 03:28
Ld. Dark Knight
Account deleted
Written by The Tactician, 28.09.2013 at 03:03

Ok, but there is one loophole in this, if a rank 7 is going to train me, and he doesn't know how to wall I'm screwed right? i beat rank 7'swho are total noobs, at the same time some are total pro's. that being said, when will this start?

Hey tac, wanna hop on my adoption list? ;3
28.09.2013 - 03:30
Written by Guest, 28.09.2013 at 03:28

Written by The Tactician, 28.09.2013 at 03:03

Hey tac, wanna hop on my adoption list? ;3

YEAAAAAAH , now this is a pro!
----

28.09.2013 - 03:40
It would be so cool to see top hats teaching amok
----

28.09.2013 - 03:53
It would be nice if someone can teach me. i am always bullied by high ranks...
28.09.2013 - 05:52
Are they ally faggers, perchance? If they are they are not good players but noobs.
28.09.2013 - 07:11
Ld. Dark Knight
Account deleted

THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE.
28.09.2013 - 07:43
? The only problem here I can see is you ally fagging gravitas and the other players. You should be able to get by with no allying.
28.09.2013 - 07:49
It was a team game
----
28.09.2013 - 07:50
Ld. Dark Knight
Account deleted
Written by Xenosapien, 28.09.2013 at 07:43

? The only problem here I can see is you ally fagging gravitas and the other players. You should be able to get by with no allying.

Was a 3v3, Mr. Don't call me an allyfag kkkk

Edit: Also Gravitas wasn't even on my team. Bwhaha, noob.
28.09.2013 - 08:01
Oh my bad.
28.09.2013 - 08:11
 VRIL
Open a thread, list volunteering high ranks, ask to get it stickied, poromote on global and in beginner lobby et voila adopt a noob program established.
28.09.2013 - 08:18
Ld. Dark Knight
Account deleted
This sounds like a promising idea but it's not as easy as it sounds. We need some very committed individuals who are willing to push this system forward and keep it going.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word