Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by clovis1122, 18.10.2014 - 21:03
Specifically remove SP redution on RP map. This is unfair to them. I have the feeling that this configuration was made by a group of players that want to remove the freedoom of the user's choise. Those players probably are trying to bring back what they call "Competitive Environment" by nerfing Role-Play maps, but on their own way.

I swear this configuration will only cause leavers between AtWar. Not only this but also grow the favoritism that some players have for Default map, specifically Europe+. This is a fall-back for the game. Now we count with great MapMarker Tools and awesome border style. Now we can play GoT, Middle Earth, Ancient, and a lot of more maps. We even have other competitive maps like Destoria and Dreamworld.

What I am asking for can be resume on this:

•) Remove the harm against RP. The % of SP can be adjusted sure, but 50% of the SP earned is, way, too much.

•) An announcements by own Admins/Mods that this tool will NOT BE USED in ANY KIND OF WAY for boost the favoritism in one specific map. They should clarify by now that this tool will not boost the SP earned in any kind of gameplay based only on europe+ or other "competitive" maps.

NEW

•) Warn the MapMarker before nerf the map - Give him some reasonable days for charge his map.

•) Dont boost ANY MAP unless special event in Trend days.

•)No Arbitrary nerf - There must be an agreement between the MapMarker and The Mods. The MapMarker also have the right for call out this agreement.

Thanks. Have a good day.
19.10.2014 - 16:26
Thats the point You can expand very fast with this tons of money. Why should i play 3k and waste 15+ rounds to take my whole continen, when i can start with 50k and capture it in 5 rounds?
----
"War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."
― Carl von Clausewitz
19.10.2014 - 16:31
Written by Columna Durruti, 19.10.2014 at 07:22

OK, on a serious note!

In order to maintain/regain some meaning to the SP system and the ranks related to it, there had to be some intervention in the form certain maps are delivering SPs to players. It simply can't be that a player ranks from 0-10 in 4-5 months. Players that don't play RP/WG50k/UN need much more time to rank up than RP players. Thus, the SP system has completely lost its meaning.
What could be done about this? There were 3 options: (1) shit on the whole SP system (and the upgrades related to it), (2) delete the SP boosted maps and scenarios or (3) find a way to implement SP justice to the maps. Admins, Mods and active members of the community chose the third way!
The problem is, that in this selfish belly button oriented community RP players forget that they have lived at the expense of other players that rank up the hard way and map-makers that see their maps disappear in the wishlist of the community.

@Epic_win:
We are not doing harm to RP we are removing the harm RP (and UN and WG50k) were doing to the community.
Like I said before, playing RP is like having a cheat for a game: very fast the player will loose interest in the game and will move on. This is bad for the AW community; this will make players leave the game.

it took me 3 years reaching rank 11 , the moment i saw ranks 10 after months it was like -.- , most people find this a great innovation! support all the way!
19.10.2014 - 16:52
I like playing role play maps, (not tempteds rp map though, it's horrible.) and I don't really care about the sp being lowered to 50%. I play this game to have fun, not to gain some abstract units that won't really benefit me.
That being said, i think there should be some sort of calculation that takes a map's total amount of countries, income, and reinforcements into account, and compares it to the default map. I'm sure that some maps other than RP maps have potential for more sp than other maps, and that should be taken into account.
----

[img]Picture[/img]
19.10.2014 - 19:55
Support
----

19.10.2014 - 21:54
Written by Lemonade, 19.10.2014 at 08:13

where are the disadvantages for WG50k?
or is this update just the first step ?

By WG50K I mean a map that is called "World Game 50 k" and not a standard World Game with 50k starting funds. It's SP nerf has been set to 75%.
----
20.10.2014 - 01:50
The goal of the sp boost and reduction is to normalize maps. If you are playing RP just for SP, then it kind of obvious that we should nerf the map. This is game is about winning and playing games, not sp farming. For my standards, I try to normalize maps based on 10k world maps.
20.10.2014 - 07:40
This feature will only damange the game. Is definitively a fall-back. Europe+ is a good map sure, but now we have OTHERS AWESOME MAPS. That Avatar made a forum post about it make it clear that none of the Mods:

Written by clovis1122, 19.10.2014 at 10:09

•) Answer the next two question, and you will see how this was made by only one group of players:

1. After the SP multiplier feature, did the Mods warned the creator to reduce the number of troops? Or they just put it 50% without any advise?

2. Was there any agreement between the Mods and the RP players before the Mods put arbitrary the 50%?

We are no longer Afterwind. Laochra is right when he say Default map has received too much attention, but this was because back in Afterwind, we didnt had maps like this. Default map is just a map made by an user called Ivan or Amok. But you guys are putting it like is a god map.

The logical way to follow now in AtWar would be to introduce the users to the diversity of maps and scenarios available. I did even Made a post with some cools feature that would help on it. But my post just got ignored and discarded by AtWar conservadurism players.

If you guys hate new Maps and Scenarios, why no remove this feature and return the game to Afterwind? Why no end up all this and openly say your intention? Because this is what I see with SP multiplier and arbitrary boost/nerf on Maps.

Because I believe there is no mod that support RP there, but while many Mods are neutral about it, there are some which hate the map openly. Why this put us, the RP players, at disadvantage? We are a part of this community, and even though we are the most hated and discriminated players, we still keep playing the game. And because the discrimination is not enough, now the RP maps are getting an very, I repeat, arbitrary, 50% of SP. Is this the way you guys ( The Mods) want to do it?

Why the fight for free RP is important? Because if we lose this and RP stay at 50%, Mods will feel they have the power. And they will keep putting arbitrary SP nerfs. Ancient World was already nerfed down to 75%, and only after Avatar and other players reclaim , Mods and Ivan say " It is already fixed". Yet I logged on today and the map is still at 75% of SP.

"SP does not care. If you like somenthing, you will keep doing it" <<<< Nice argument as much fun as " If you like your job, you will now get 50% of your salary because you like it". This can be truth in USA, Europe or even in Asia, but this is not the reality in Latin America, Africa or Oceania. We cannot afford to have 50% of our salary in the same way we cannot afford having 50% of our SP nerfed.

And finally, the freedoom is important. But some mods just stolen it from us. If this hate against RP keep going, be sure that the other maps will follow next.
20.10.2014 - 07:52
Written by clovis1122, 20.10.2014 at 07:40

This feature will only damange the game. Is definitively a fall-back. Europe+ is a good map sure, but now we have OTHERS AWESOME MAPS. That Avatar made a forum post about it make it clear that none of the Mods:

Written by clovis1122, 19.10.2014 at 10:09

•) Answer the next two question, and you will see how this was made by only one group of players:

1. After the SP multiplier feature, did the Mods warned the creator to reduce the number of troops? Or they just put it 50% without any advise?

2. Was there any agreement between the Mods and the RP players before the Mods put arbitrary the 50%?

We are no longer Afterwind. Laochra is right when he say Default map has received too much attention, but this was because back in Afterwind, we didnt had maps like this. Default map is just a map made by an user called Ivan or Amok. But you guys are putting it like is a god map.

The logical way to follow now in AtWar would be to introduce the users to the diversity of maps and scenarios available. I did even Made a post with some cools feature that would help on it. But my post just got ignored and discarded by AtWar conservadurism players.

If you guys hate new Maps and Scenarios, why no remove this feature and return the game to Afterwind? Why no end up all this and openly say your intention? Because this is what I see with SP multiplier and arbitrary boost/nerf on Maps.

Because I believe there is no mod that support RP there, but while many Mods are neutral about it, there are some which hate the map openly. Why this put us, the RP players, at disadvantage? We are a part of this community, and even though we are the most hated and discriminated players, we still keep playing the game. And because the discrimination is not enough, now the RP maps are getting an very, I repeat, arbitrary, 50% of SP. Is this the way you guys ( The Mods) want to do it?

Why the fight for free RP is important? Because if we lose this and RP stay at 50%, Mods will feel they have the power. And they will keep putting arbitrary SP nerfs. Ancient World was already nerfed down to 75%, and only after Avatar and other players reclaim , Mods and Ivan say " It is already fixed". Yet I logged on today and the map is still at 75% of SP.

"SP does not care. If you like somenthing, you will keep doing it" <<<< Nice argument as much fun as " If you like your job, you will now get 50% of your salary because you like it". This can be truth in USA, Europe or even in Asia, but this is not the reality in Latin America, Africa or Oceania. We cannot afford to have 50% of our salary in the same way we cannot afford having 50% of our SP nerfed.

And finally, the freedoom is important. But some mods just stolen it from us. If this hate against RP keep going, be sure that the other maps will follow next.

This is why your post is invalid
1- admins never said they were gonna remove the sp nerf to acient world.
2.- by attention, lao meant: work put in the product to accomplish quality.
3.- most RP players say that they don't care about SP.
4.- you have only played 5 RPs in your life, and you call yourself roleplayer? Lol gtfo
5.- you don't have the freedom to farm sp
6.- RP is the worst map in atWar, its a shame people think RP brings diversity to atwar.
20.10.2014 - 07:58
Written by Tundy, 20.10.2014 at 07:52

As I said, it is correct that RP get his SP nerfed. but 50%? And in a arbitrary way?

No. There was no agreement. It was put by Mods arbitrary. And 50% is very harmful.

They dont care for SP, but when they see the nerf they will eventually leave the game. You can say you dont care for do the job you like at 50% of salary, but at one point, you will be forced to leave the job.
20.10.2014 - 08:19
Written by clovis1122, 20.10.2014 at 07:58

As I said, it is correct that RP get his SP nerfed. but 50%? And in a arbitrary way?

No. There was no agreement. It was put by Mods arbitrary. And 50% is very harmful.

They dont care for SP, but when they see the nerf they will eventually leave the game. You can say you dont care for do the job you like at 50% of salary, but at one point, you will be forced to leave the job.

How can you compare a game to a job? Do you make your living out of bitching and ally-fagging?
Clovis you are not fucking entitle to anything by playing, admins are not gonna pay you for playing.

Now gtfo and move on, the sp nerf is here to stay.
20.10.2014 - 11:33
Stryko
Account deleted
I just want to drop in a little thought:
what does SP really mean?
strategy points right.
is there much strategy involved in roleplaying?
20.10.2014 - 12:25
Any map should be played for the enjoyment of it, not as a utility for gaining sp fast.

Roleplay will, I expect, still go on, but only as it is supposed to be: People will play it because they enjoy roleplaying, not because they want to gain sp.
----
20.10.2014 - 13:59
Black Shark
Account deleted
Written by Guest, 20.10.2014 at 11:33

I just want to drop in a little thought:
what does SP really mean?
strategy points right.
is there much strategy involved in roleplaying?
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes. There is.

1. Make sure you pick the right countries to keep monies at max. Not hard actually.

2. EXPAND SO DARN MUCH

3. Ally a bunch of stronk players.

4. Do nothing until you can kill a rogue.

5. Someone attacked you? Ally Faggots, UNITE!

6. Ally end.

NOTE: As USA YOU MUST ALLY FAG EVERYONE IN THE AMERICAS!!

NOTE2: Everyone in Europe must ally fag so that no war happens.
20.10.2014 - 14:11
Is this english?
----

Written by Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
20.10.2014 - 14:12
Written by Tundy, 20.10.2014 at 08:19

How can you compare a game to a job? Do you make your living out of bitching and ally-fagging?
Clovis you are not fucking entitle to anything by playing, admins are not gonna pay you for playing.

^That irrational outbreak of rage, combined with your ignorance and bitching.

you sound like a spoiled 10 year old crying about ice cream.

----

Written by Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
21.10.2014 - 11:23
 brianwl (Admin)
The SP configuration is such a great idea to resolve the issue of SP farm maps. I can't imagine why anyone would want to remove it unless they are SP farming. Keep in mind, the value can be increased, so it's not like the configuration is a nerf. Rather than complaining, why not make some maps that are fun to play, but don't have a lot of SP and see if the mods will increase it. You can then feel the satisfaction of creating a challenging map, that people find fun to play, and that the moderators agree is so awesome it needs the SP configuration increased. Just a suggestion... keep complaining if you prefer.
----

21.10.2014 - 14:00
Black Shark
Account deleted
Written by Waffel, 20.10.2014 at 14:12

Written by Tundy, 20.10.2014 at 08:19

^That irrational outbreak of rage, combined with your ignorance and bitching.

you sound like a spoiled 10 year old crying about ice cream.

>Irrational

>Haz

Lel, while Haz did swear a bit you have to admit clovis is being the stupid one here, hell he may be a troll.

Also dis Ad Homs.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word