Get Premium to hide all ads
22.12.2014 - 16:07
PLEASEEEEEEEEE ;_; If someone edit or delete a post you should be allowed to see the changes.

This will help against biased arguments plzzz implementtt and also when one makes an error plssss
23.12.2014 - 03:53
Support or at least have a line edited the ___ at _:_
----
You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.
Miyamoto Musashi
23.12.2014 - 05:50
Biased arguments whut? This is ridicilous, this is why we have an ''edit'' button.
----

Written by Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
24.12.2014 - 11:09
 brianwl (Admin)
What? You can't edit your own post? What if you actually get enlightened by someone else's post, and that causes you to rethink your position? Are you forever bound to defend your ignorance? Editing gives people a chance to evolve their positions without re-writing everything that lead up to their realization.

If you feel really strongly against people editing, then quote them in your re-post.
----

24.12.2014 - 12:03
Written by brianwl, 24.12.2014 at 11:09

What? You can't edit your own post? What if you actually get enlightened by someone else's post, and that causes you to rethink your position? Are you forever bound to defend your ignorance? Editing gives people a chance to evolve their positions without re-writing everything that lead up to their realization.

If you feel really strongly against people editing, then quote them in your re-post.

For example, what if you write this

America is a country.

Then you say this:

I never say America is a country. LOL

Then you ask me for proof. But I bet saying that "you deleted the comment" is not enough, is it? Then if we have an history forum function, I can easy recall your words.

btw, I suggested this because I've lost information for some of my collections that I've deleted but then I wanted it back... didn't noticed. Not because an argument, but this is just an example of how this feature would work.
24.12.2014 - 13:11
 brianwl (Admin)
I think what you just showed is it's more important not to be able to attribute quotes to other people...

But if someone denies saying something that was recorded, i just label them a 'politician' and move on. Does it really matter if you can prove they are dishonest? Whether a toddler or the most powerful, if someone is going to deny saying something they've said, there's no point in having a reasonable conversation with such an individual. Whether you can prove it or not is mostly irrelevant, except perhaps to convince yourself you aren't going mad.

In that case, i support, provided you can't altar other people's quotes. =p

p.s.

Written by clovis1122, 24.12.2014 at 12:03

i have fantasy about viking women on the beach... brianwl has best avatar!

----

24.12.2014 - 16:30
Written by clovis1122, 24.12.2014 at 12:03

i have fantasy about viking women on the beach... brianwl has best avatar!

XAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXA
30.01.2015 - 10:30
BUMP
01.02.2015 - 12:54
----
01.02.2015 - 13:17
Wtf you changed the post already ! I am sure it was something else like insulting MODS

On a serious note I can't understand why people are against this. I am not saying you will not be able to change your own post. Just add a mechanism to see what was originally written. This will actually help stop lot of flaming posts.
----
02.02.2015 - 05:05
Works fine in other forums, so I agree with it.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
02.02.2015 - 07:51
Track changes. Would be good to have.
----
29.06.2015 - 20:18
BUMP
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word