Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Pinheiro, 02.10.2011 - 20:40
In my opinion, walls should be way more important than they are today. In my personal experience, building "pressure" walls or trying to cover big spaces really doesn't work because walls can be broke very easily nowadays, since you don't have to actually destroy the unit, just attack it.

If you watch any experienced player you will see a default behavior of making three man walls (with always 1 troop on each side) in every important city, while rarely using it for blocking especific passages or surrounding enemies positions.

So, I think that walls should work like they were supposed to (at least I think they were meant to be that way). You wouldn't be able to break the wall if you don't destroy the troops on it's sides. Which would make people actually reinforce walls and give a new dynamic to the matches.

What do you think?

Poll

Do you agree with this idea?

Yes
No

Total votes: 67
21.03.2013 - 10:31
You already have wallFuking and always will have it just like in real life. =) hello reality!
----
www.facebook.com/GreenHavenOrg

http://thegreenhavenproject.org/
29.03.2013 - 15:43
Support
----
07.08.2014 - 16:48
Doesn't troops in a wall gain extra defense? this would be OP if you put inf as your walls they would have to attack with tremendous units in order to break through Noobs will have a field day
----
There is three ways to do things, good, bad, and the way i do it
07.08.2014 - 17:00
This will boost cheap strats even more btw. Say goodbye to expensive strats because they are will be very cost inefficient. You don't even need to make huge stack on wall, just maybe 5 inf pd on each wall will cause major harm to offensive players.

However, this would create a different kind of game, where you balance even more between defense and expansion.

I see both good and bad, so I am neutral to the idea. I will adapt if it gets implemented or continue playing how I do if not.
07.08.2014 - 17:20
Why would someone ressurect an abandoned idea just to say he thinks it would be OP

Walls are already something that gives greatest strategic advantage in the game ...no pls.
----
07.08.2014 - 20:39
Written by Goblin, 07.08.2014 at 17:20

Why would someone ressurect an abandoned idea just to say he thinks it would be OP

Walls are already something that gives greatest strategic advantage in the game ...no pls.
08.08.2014 - 11:24
I need to lock my own thread

Locked.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word