‹‹ Back to Bugs
Get Premium to hide all ads
10.05.2016 - 23:26
There is a bug in casual games that does not allow players that join to produce units right away. Example: I created a casual game and allowed players to join until turn 1. I jumped on an ALT to see what it would be like. I joined unable to produce units turn one (on the ALT account). Please fix.

If the game is designed this way. Respectfully I suggest to have this feature implemented.
11.05.2016 - 02:43
The game is designed this way.

Support
It's very annoying and gives an unfair advantage to hosts.
----

11.05.2016 - 03:06
Written by Darth., 11.05.2016 at 02:43

The game is designed this way.

Support
It's very annoying and gives an unfair advantage to hosts.

Exactly^^^
11.05.2016 - 13:15
Good point. This problem was brought up many times already, and more recently in the following thread: http://atwar-game.com/news/news.php?news_id=181&page=&message_id=, where Ivan replied the following:

Written by Ivan, 03.05.2016 at 09:35

Written by Columna Durruti, 03.05.2016 at 08:52

Great! How is the reinfornt issue in casual games? Hopefully automatically no Turn-0-Turn-1-difference.

This is a much more complicated issue, and I don't yet know how/when we would be able to address it.
11.05.2016 - 15:52
Only option for now is: make a scenario of the map you want to play and be sure to uncheck the 1st turn reinforcement option. See below.

Ask map-makers to make the scenario or modify the scenarios for casual games.

Important is also that a casual game always has the "instant joining" option checked. Otherwise new players won't be able to join it in the same turn.
----
11.05.2016 - 18:12
Written by Columna Durruti, 11.05.2016 at 15:52

Only option for now is: make a scenario of the map you want to play

That is so awesome! As soon as the map editor is up and running (and as soon as real life grants me the time), i'll create a World Map and Eu+ scenario, and 90% of the games will be "casual playable" and "host cheat free".

Thanks Columna Durruti!

Edit: that will allow cheat-free casual DUELS as well!
Edit2: You know what? Maybe there isn't much difference in the code behind the scene, between a game on a map, and a scenario with no 1st-turn reinforcements. Could that be the solution to Ivan's problem? Could we, by default, make all casual games like that? Or ... at least (temporarily?) all casual DUELs?
12.05.2016 - 01:02
Written by Columna Durruti, 11.05.2016 at 15:52

Only option for now is: make a scenario of the map you want to play and be sure to uncheck the 1st turn reinforcement option. See below.

Ask map-makers to make the scenario or modify the scenarios for casual games.

Important is also that a casual game always has the "instant joining" option checked. Otherwise new players won't be able to join it in the same turn.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll see what can be done. I just started playing casual games and had no idea how relaxed they can be!
12.05.2016 - 01:05
Written by Noir Brillant, 11.05.2016 at 18:12

Edit2: You know what? Maybe there isn't much difference in the code behind the scene, between a game on a map, and a scenario with no 1st-turn reinforcements. Could that be the solution to Ivan's problem? Could we, by default, make all casual games like that? Or ... at least (temporarily?) all casual DUELs?

If I remember correctly, there was a time when late joiners could join and produce units right away. Not sure what happened. But yes, admins should definitely implement this on casual and quick games once they have the time!
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word