Get Premium to hide all ads
26.07.2012 - 16:51
Not going into being detail here just stating what's important.

So first, ever play a 1v1 or a team game or any game and have neutral countries have more militia than their default amount? (for ex; Germany having 9 infantry instead of 8) It's very annoying to have to change your expansion or sometimes have to avoid attacking that city first turn for resource purposes.
The neutral reinforcement generator needs some tweaking because this effect can cost someone a game sometimes, especially if 2,3 or sometimes even 4 surrounding cities in which you want to expand to have more than their default amount. Here's what I suggest: Make the neutral unit generator only increase every reinforcement week. (5,8,13,17,21,25...) So that players are aware for it instead of a random system that can ruin the balance of a game.

Now for my second suggestion, I find it very annoying when playing a private 1v1 for instance, and having random spectators watching/commenting. Since the majority of the time one's opponent will be tempted in giving away the password to his friends. Private games should be made private. If people want to watch a game they can watch non-private games simple as that. Obviously the mods should have access to any game of course. That, or have an option that says "allow spectators: yes or no" for example.

Thanks for reading please leave a comment or an opinion.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
26.07.2012 - 16:55
I agree, neutral cities with more troops is annoying.
----
26.07.2012 - 16:56
I agree with first part certainly.

But not with the second one, you don't have "random" spectators in private games but only the people whom you had given the password, if you want to have a game without any spectators - just agree on that with your opponent.
26.07.2012 - 17:02
Written by tophat, 26.07.2012 at 16:51

Obviously the mods should have access to any game of course.

You lost me there

Also why didn't you mention the fact that I got inexplicably jewed 4 games in a row with this? and with the after roll?

I asked for a random number generator and they didn't listen, so I brought down the server xDDD.
----
hue
26.07.2012 - 17:21
Written by The ZOG, 26.07.2012 at 17:02

Obviously the mods should have access to any game of course.

You lost me there

Also why didn't you mention the fact that I got inexplicably jewed 4 games in a row with this? and with the after roll?

I asked for a random number generator and they didn't listen, so I brought down the server xDDD.

well the mods already have access to all games if you didn't already know.
I'm talking about the generator that reinforces the neutrals not the fact that you attacked 9 neutral inf with 7 gc tanks. It will fail you once in a while.
----
26.07.2012 - 17:23
Written by Caulerpa, 26.07.2012 at 16:56

I agree with first part certainly.

But not with the second one, you don't have "random" spectators in private games but only the people whom you had given the password, if you want to have a game without any spectators - just agree on that with your opponent.

yes that's exactly my point, a lot of the times even if we agree on not sharing the password some people still abuse it. Private games should be entirely private or like I said have an option for private games that says "allow spectators"
----
26.07.2012 - 17:46
Written by tophat, 26.07.2012 at 17:21

I'm talking about the generator that reinforces the neutrals not the fact that you attacked 9 neutral inf with 7 gc tanks. It will fail you once in a while.

1. If it's already done doesn't mean it's right. honor killings and human slavery are done and they are in no way right.
>9 neutral inf with 7 gc tanks
>not ridiculously unlikely to fail
>3 GC tanks
>still fail at hungary with 6 militia
>every city surrounding me buffed.

In fact, if it weren't for that 3 game series where the server jewed me in historical proportions you wouldn't be making this thread right now.
----
hue
26.07.2012 - 17:55
Written by The ZOG, 26.07.2012 at 17:46

Written by tophat, 26.07.2012 at 17:21

1. If it's already done doesn't mean it's right. honor killings and human slavery are done and they are in no way right.
>9 neutral inf with 7 gc tanks
>not ridiculously unlikely to fail
>3 GC tanks
>still fail at hungary with 6 militia
>every city surrounding me buffed.

In fact, if it weren't for that 3 game series where the server jewed me in historical proportions you wouldn't be making this thread right now.

I've always had the thought of suggesting this. Our games together just resurrected that thought. 3 gc tanks vs 6 militia is very risky even 3 vs 5 can fail at times. I'm not talking about the luck factor of battles, I'm only suggesting that neutrals should have their default amounts on week 1.
----
26.07.2012 - 17:59
"(...) you wouldn't be making this thread right now."
>right now
----
hue
26.07.2012 - 18:10
 Desu
Have a spectators list, this fixes all problems. Make sure it lists everyone that enters to spectate in a game, especially moderators.

Also both of these suggestions have been suggested and discussed already:

Fruit's(random units):
http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3076

http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3757

G'day.
26.07.2012 - 18:37
About the first suggestion: The reinforcements count at the start, has some 'luck' factor in it. If you pick unlucky, then you have to kill more troops to gain the same amount of territory. However; It also creates a form of skill, since you have to improvise a little. Now, improvising and playing good, then you have real skill. Learning some first turn moves, and repeat that in every game, is no skill. So i think, encouraging improvisation is a good thing, and if this is getting removed, then we need something else instead.

About the second suggestion: I think that there should be a option where you can set if you allow spectators or not (good idea). Maybe even a 'box' in where players are allowed to refuse/kick spectators. Also (as suggested before), the spectators must be visible in the game, so the players are able to see who is spectating their game. And indeed: Mods have access to spectate private games. This will only be used if there are indications of SP farming.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
26.07.2012 - 23:22

I find it very annoying when playing a private 1v1 for instance, and having random spectators watching/commenting.

I feel like this is directed at me
----
~goodnamesalltaken~
26.07.2012 - 23:37
I agree to number one and for number 2 maybe you could put a cap to the amount of people could join a private game so you can't have anyone join besides mods..
27.07.2012 - 14:05
Written by Hugosch, 26.07.2012 at 18:37

However; It also creates a form of skill, since you have to improvise a little.

Yes I agree, you raise a good point there since a game with improvisation would be too repetitive. However sometimes these neutral numbers can cost someone the game. The point I am trying to raise is not to remove the system entirely but to find a way to balance it so that neutral numbers aren't ruining one's game. For instance, ZOG and I had a series of 1v1s and in one of them (He was Austria) Hungary, Serbia, Croatia, Poland and Germany all had +1 units more than their default amount. Also, i think even Croatia went from 3 to 4 on week 2. I'm suggesting to only add reinforcements to ALL neutral cities on every reinforcement week so that it is balanced and that players can be aware of the neutrals being buffed and not totally random. This addition would still leave room for improvisation.
----
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word