Get Premium to hide all ads
14.05.2013 - 03:59
Cthulhu's Hybrid Warfare Strategy Guide
UPDATED - 4/28/2015

1. Upgrades
When playing with PD, you should consider getting the following upgrades in this order:
1. Cheaper Marines, 2. Faster Marines, 3. Submarine Capacity, 4. Expendable Ground Main Defence, 5. Faster Ground Main Defence, 6. Expendable Ground Main Defence.
The idea is to play hybrid style like a mix pd/gw. It is also flexible to for other gameplay, and overall one of the most versatile strategy out there. It is a very expensive strategy if you have not bought the upgrades for costs reduction.

2. General Rules to Follow
You can start where ever you want, as expanding anywhere wouldn't be a problem. I would recommend picking a country with a port as you can expand faster. It does get expensive if you encounter a lot of infantry. It is good idea to double the amount of marines to infantry as the 6 attack it carries cause some problems.

Use transports to your advantage for early expansion, late expansion should be more focused on subs if your economy allows it.

Building defense units should be done on the week before reinforcement. You can afford to defend areas that will be attacked. It is best to spend most of your money on the week before reinforcement, and spend wisely on the weeks leading up to it. You do not want to run into debt, you do not want to be poor, and you do not want to run out of reinforcements. With the new update, the cost of infantry is normal, but still use them in emergency (because they are only good for defense), or maybe auto-produce in caps if you can afford the penalty.

3. HW Tactics
This strategy main purpose is not for a head on assault with tanks and bombers. In fact, you can't even go kill stacks and stacks with your marines (+6 attack), because their attack is reduce. If you are using this strategy, that means you are relying more on your brain and tactics rather then just click and move. The main way you will win with this strategy is if you are playing with your head.

You want to wall all your cities, because if you don't you have no choice but to spend expensive infantry to defend it, and if you are spending money on infantry, then you are not spending money on expansion, because infantry are not to be used to expend.

A good tactic with HW is going deep into your enemies territory, attack and capture their land the week before reinforcement, so when its reinforcement time, you can spend all your money in buying decent infantry for them to waste their money at. In addition, it will waste a lot of their reinforcement and buy you a lot more time. Rinse and repeat until victory.

Another good tactic is right before your enemy attack one of your city, flood it with infantry from reinforcements and/or nearby infantry, or if they are attacking with tanks or marines, just wait beside the city and recapture it.

If you have a lot of money, consider buying the more expensive units like the tanks, as they received a boost to their attack. If your capitol is captured, you want to use the tanks as they have +9 attack. The bombers (+4 attack) and stealth (+5 attack) are a waste of money, do not buy them, only buy them to break walls.

4. Closing Comment
If you want me to say if its better then PD, or GW or something like that, I won't, because this strategy is different. It allows you to play more surprising to your opponent, and to win, you need to think. This is a difficult strategy to use, but it is playable. The best advice I can give you is to spend your money wisely and play efficiently. Other then that, its your strategy vs. their spam.
14.05.2013 - 07:19
U annihilated Noth America, and China's Stack. (and u where only sweden) ._.
14.05.2013 - 10:46
Written by Cthulhu, 14.05.2013 at 03:59

Point A- You can start where ever you want, as expanding anywhere wouldn't be a problem. - No you can't. Expanding is horrid in 10k games with decent countries.

Point B-I would recommend picking a country with a port as you can expand faster....

Point C-Use transport sparingly, and use air transport when you see a good opportunity to strike, do not flood yourself with them, as they to take a heavy toll on your income. That contradicts with Point B.

Point D-It is best to spend most of your money on the week before reinforcement, and spend wisely on the weeks leading up to it. You do not want to run into debt, you do not want to be poor, and you do not want to run out of reinforcements. That contradicts with Point A.

Point E-A good tactic with HW is going deep into your enemies territory, attack and capture their land the week before reinforcement, so when its reinforcement time, you can spend all your money in buying decent infantry for them to waste their money at. That contradicts with Point D.

Yeah, did well there. I was honestly looking for advice to play HW until I came across this piece of confusion. Ty for the effort.
14.05.2013 - 11:26
It might seem confusing to you, but you should try to understand the idea behind why i said that, instead of focusing on what might contradict what. I'm passing on my experience from playing it.

These are just tactics, and they are pretty good too, i dominated the world a couple time playing this strategy. You don't have to use anything I say, you can try doing something else, but this work for me.
14.05.2013 - 12:00
I normaly pick a port, then get one transport, and load it with all troops I can, then send it yo take other lands around the world.
14.05.2013 - 15:05
Written by Irishbeast4231, 14.05.2013 at 12:00

I normaly pick a port, then get one transport, and load it with all troops I can, then send it yo take other lands around the world.

man, i think your in the wrong topic, this its about HW (Hybrid Warfare)

btw, i recommed u to protect your transports with destroyers or bombers.
14.05.2013 - 15:59
Written by Tundy, 14.05.2013 at 15:05

Written by Irishbeast4231, 14.05.2013 at 12:00

man, i think your in the wrong topic, this its about HW (Hybrid Warfare)

btw, i recommed u to protect your transports with destroyers or bombers.

I normally do. 2 destroyers per ship.
15.05.2013 - 00:45
Gaylord Falker
Account deleted
Written by ezzatam, 14.05.2013 at 10:46

Yeah, did well there. I was honestly looking for advice to play HW until I came across this piece of confusion. Ty for the effort.

Ezzatam would of done sooo much better! He is sooo unappreciated.

#Ezza4mod
15.05.2013 - 19:22
Thanks for the guide Cthulhu
27.07.2013 - 08:05
ghettosuperstar
Account deleted
Thanks for your thoughts Ctulhu. Will have to experiment with this a bit more.
17.07.2014 - 05:43
Stryko
Account deleted
It's more similar to GC and GW but an expensive version for both. I tried it once as Ukraine in 3v3 and nearlly one in a 3v1 situation though, was interesting.
11.03.2015 - 18:43
www.xhamster.com
Account deleted
Written by Guest, 17.07.2014 at 05:43

It's more similar to GC and GW but an expensive version for both. I tried it once as Ukraine in 3v3 and nearlly one in a 3v1 situation though, was interesting.

13.03.2015 - 02:21
Written by Guest, 17.07.2014 at 05:43

28.04.2015 - 19:38
Updated to reflect new update to HW
02.02.2017 - 03:31
HW is my Fav
----
S A M U R A I
Rectitude
Courage
Benevolence
Politeness
Veracity
Honor
Loyalty
04.02.2017 - 06:47
Its interesting to play in colonial era games
----
It's scary how many possible genocidal war lords play this game, and i could be one of them
04.02.2017 - 11:11
Written by Samurai, 02.02.2017 at 03:31

HW is my Fav

Good for you
----
No such thing as a good girl, you are just not the right guy.

06.02.2017 - 23:07
It's good for me
----
S A M U R A I
Rectitude
Courage
Benevolence
Politeness
Veracity
Honor
Loyalty
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word