Get Premium to hide all ads
04.08.2013 - 12:40
Stolen from TopHat's epic mind because for some reason nobody likes to post about GW in the Strategy section except like 6 people.

GW Fully Complete

Guerrilla Warfare Guide

Preface
Guerrilla Warfare (GW) is a cheap strategy that involves the tactics of irregular warfare, surprise attacks, the use of stealths and the art of spamming. Guerrilla Warfare is a quantity over quality strategy, but with quantity may come quality in the long run. This is the strength of GW.

The following will underline basics and advanced tips, buying units, attacking neutrals flawlessly, the correct upgrades to purchase as well as the countries that are best for Guerrilla Warfare. (3k, 5k, 10k)

Basic Tips:
1) Your main units of attacking are marines and militia
2) Buy only militia to defend your cities. Do not buy infantry, they are nerfed and inferior to militia in every way
3) Since your starting units are infantry, use them all turn 1 to maximize your expansion. Or use them to make excessive walls
4) Don't buy air transports early in the game. They are expensive and will drain your economy. Only buy them once you have a stable income or if you really need one to capture a city or complete a mission
5) Buy naval transports instead. They are also nerfed but they're very useful
6) Use bombers as a secondary unit to break long-range walls and to support your attacks
7) Wall as many cities as possible
8) Marines are invisible to your enemy, the key is to be surpriseful. Therefore, use the element of surprise to your advantage and attack your enemy where he least expects it.
9) Having more manpower tends to be more useful than having more money with GW (sense your defense can almost always grow by default.)
10) Don't waste infantry just because they are weak! Keep your starting infantry in the same stack as your general, use them to do the trick in situations where substituting them is not an immediate reality.

Advanced Tips:
1)The secret to becoming a great GW player is to create as much chaos as possible. GW is a cheap strategy so you can afford to use units for suicide missions. Ex: Break every single enemy wall in range of your land units. Turn block as many enemy cities that count 1-5 units as your first priorities to increase success rate.
2) Expansion is the most essential part of making GW powerful. Why? Because when you expand to neutrals, you gain militia. Not just weak militia like in every other strategy, but strong militia with buffed attack, defence and range. Ex: You attack Hungary (5 reinforcements and 5 new militia. So we might as well just say that you get 10 reinforcements) This is the true strength of GW, so expansion is vital to gaining units.
3) Attack empty enemy cities. What does this mean? Ever see a Turkey or a UK with a bunch of empty cities? Yes, attack them. If of course it is cost-effective. If not, wait for the next turn. You will gain militia by doing this, lower your enemy's income and create more chaos!
4)Don't underestimate small cities like Croatia, Albania and Slovakia. Some times it's better to attack a bunch of small cities than attacking an obvious one like serbia or hungary.
5) Wall neutral cities you think your enemy will attack, in order to trap him next turn.
6) Wallfuck everything, create chaos!
7) Whilst you wall the majority of your capitals, sometimes it's good to leave some of your cities empty, making your enemy think he can simply capture them, and then reinforce them!
8) Leave a few marines in unmarked lands (not in a city) so that you can add more marines to them and reach more targets you wouldn't have reached previously.
9) A good tactic is to leave a coastal city "empty" at least it seems so to your enemy, but really your defending with submarines.
10) Sometimes it's better to let your enemy capture a city, and then retake it.

Extra Tips:
1. If possible try to wall a city you are about to attack with a large amount of marines to avoid the possibility of defending with marines next turn, you never want to defend you cities with marines, you always want to let them take it back, then attack with marines again.

2. Like all strats, but more importantly in stealth strats, try to do the majoirty of your PVP city capturing one turn before reinforcements, if you have an excessive amount of troops, this ofc means you should break walls 2 turns before reinforcements.

3 building upon "8) Leave a few marines in unmarked lands (not in a city) so that you can add more marines to them and reach more targets you wouldn't have reached previously. "

4.Only ever attack a city with enough marines to take the city(of course taking into consideration that they could reinforce the city with nearby units), and then send the rest of the troops past the city, this will maximize expansion. and stop you from over stacking with marines, which again stop needless defense with marines, maximizing expansion with those marines

advanced

5.In world game and playing as any stealth strategy, i like to make the enemy think they are ahead, i send marines way past my lines without engaging their attacking forces, and just positioning to attack their cities, of course i would only do this if i feel like the marines i have brought from my futher back cities will be able to defend my further forward cities.

this is possible with auto producing, ideally with GW you should be building marines, and nothing but marines for the entirety of a world game, in practically ever city you own.

6. In world games and some isolated instance, using submarines may be a good choice. Treat submarines the same way you would a naval transport. Submarines are invisible to your opponent and can make the difference between lands at formidable distances. Because it is half the cost of a naval transport, and marines are your strongest offensive unit, you can make use of the sub + marines as a means of expanding where otherwise impossible. (Example: GW Germany, 1 sub in Hamburg, 2 marines from Frankfurt to the sub, 1 marine from cologne to the sub, send the marines through the shortcut directly to Oslo. This works in 1v1s, not recommended for use when UK is the enemy.)

*Subs have a default capacity of 2 marines, it is advised you only make an effort to use submarines after having upgraded them to a capacity 3+

Expansion against militia neutrals:
2 marines beats 1 militia
2 marines beats 2 militias
3 marines beats 3 militias
4marines beats 4 militias
4 marines beats 5 militias
5 marines beats 6 militias
5 or 6 marines beats 7 militias
6 or 7 marines beats 8 militias

Expansion against infantry neutrals:
2 marines beats 1 infantry
4 marines beats 2 infantries
5 marines beats 3 infantries
6 marines beats 4 infantries
7 marines beats 5 infantries
8 marines beats 6 infantries
9 marines beats 7 infantries
10 marines beats 8 infantries

Expansion against militia neutrals:
3 militias beats 1 militia
4 militias beats 2 militias
5 militias beats 3 militias
6 militias beats 4 militias
7 militias beats 5 militias
8 militias beats 6 militias
9 militias beats 7 militias
10 militias beats 8 militias
(+2)

Expansion against infantry neutrals:
4 militias beats 1 infantry
5 militias beats 2 infantries
7 militias beats 3 infantries
9 militias beats 4 infantries
11 militias beats 5 infantries
13 militias beats 6 infantries
15 militias beats 7 infantries
15 or 16 militias beats 8 infantries

Strategy of Play (buying units)

GW: Militia Focus
Militia: 85%
Marines: 5%
Other: 10%

GW: Marine Focus
Militia: 20%
Marines: 70%

GW: Mixed
Militia: 45%
Marines: 45%

Upgrades for Guerrilla Warfare
- General: Defence
- General: Ground Secondary Defence
- General: Movement Range
- Faster General 1
- Faster General 2
- Ground Stealth
- Expendable Ground Stealth
- Faster Ground Stealth
- Naval Stealth
- Faster Naval Stealth
- SubmarineCapacity
- Naval Transport Capacity

10k countries for Guerrilla Warfare
- Ukraine
- Germany
- France
- South Korea
- Vietnam
- USA: Midwest
- China North
- China Northeast
- Mexico
- Venezuela
- Columbia
- Syria
- Egypt
- Saudi Arabia
- Singapore
- Sweden
- Greece
- Morocco
- Ivory Coast

5k countries for Guerrilla Warfare
- Austria
- Poland
- Greece
- Belarus
- Serbia
- Denmark
- North Korea
- Canada: Quebec
- Canada: Ontario
- Lebanon
- Kuwait
- Laos

3k countries for Guerrilla Warfare
- Austria
- Serbia
- Belarus
- Denmark
- North Korea
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
04.08.2013 - 19:35
05.08.2013 - 06:52
A few extra points would be -

1. If possible try to wall a city you are about to attack with a large amount of marines to avoid the possibility of defending with marines next turn, you never want to defend you cities with marines, you always want to let them take it back, then attack with marines again.

2. Like all strats, but more importantly in stealth strats, try to do the majoirty of your PVP city capturing one turn before reinforcements, if you have an excessive amount of troops, this ofc means you should break walls 2 turns before reinforcements.

3 building upon "8) Leave a few marines in unmarked lands (not in a city) so that you can add more marines to them and reach more targets you wouldn't have reached previously. "

4.Only ever attack a city with enough marines to take the city(of course taking into consideration that they could reinforce the city with nearby units), and then send the rest of the troops past the city, this will maximise expansion. and stop you from overstacking with marines, which again stop needless defence with marines, maximising expansion with those marines

advanced

5.In world game and playing as any stealth strategy, i like to make the enemy think they are ahead, i send marines way past my lines without engaging their attacking forces, and just positioning to attack their cities, of course i would only do this if i feel like the marines i have brought from my futher back cities will be able to defend my further forward cities.

this is possible with auto producing, ideally with GW you should be building marines, and nothing but marines for the entirety of a world game, in practically ever city you own.
05.08.2013 - 11:27
Written by nonames, 05.08.2013 at 06:52

A few extra points would be -

4.Only ever attack a city with enough marines to take the city(of course taking into consideration that they could reinforce the city with nearby units), and then send the rest of the troops past the city, this will maximise expansion. and stop you from overstacking with marines, which again stop needless defence with marines, maximising expansion with those marines

advanced

I agree with each point. I was thinking of adding some myself, but I'm not very bright when it comes to game mechanics. I'll include these a little later today. Thanks!
----
10.08.2013 - 04:59
Thanks a lot! I love it
10.08.2013 - 08:20
Fantastic.
----
Believe you can and you're halfway there
24.08.2013 - 08:03
What are countries to take in 50k game?
24.08.2013 - 22:59
I brought GW as a rank 4 and tried it once. Was all like: "wtf is this, this is the worst strat ever." and I never took the time to learn how to use it. This is a great foundation for me to learn the strategy and I appreciate you posting this!

One question though; In something like a CW or a typical 3V3 EU+ with extra cities, what country would be good with it? I'm assuming Turkey would be one, but are there others?
25.08.2013 - 01:40
Written by Fockmeeard, 24.08.2013 at 22:59

I brought GW as a rank 4 and tried it once. Was all like: "wtf is this, this is the worst strat ever." and I never took the time to learn how to use it. This is a great foundation for me to learn the strategy and I appreciate you posting this!

One question though; In something like a CW or a typical 3V3 EU+ with extra cities, what country would be good with it? I'm assuming Turkey would be one, but are there others?

Turkey is not the best option for GW in a 3v3.

Because it's so poor and generally has less room for a solid expansion, and because it is definitely susceptible to SM Ukraine rush, it's advised not to use it. There are better alternatives. It is entirely possible to play, however it will not benefit you or your team.

Best 3v3 EU+ w/ extra cities is Germany, Sweden, UK, Poland.

A decent one, if you know what you're doing, is Greece (only with a Sweden / France combo).
----
25.08.2013 - 03:53

----
25.08.2013 - 13:55
Ah, I see. Didn't take into account the range the units need to move. What would you prefer as Germany and Ukraine Vendetta? PD or GW for Germany or GW or SM for Ukraine? In a 3V3 CW environment.
25.08.2013 - 17:28
SM Ukraine and all it's OPness

GW Germany and all it's OPnes > PD

GW Germany is severely OP, I tell ya'.
----
29.08.2013 - 10:35
Hi (:

What's the right way to use gw militia?
I usually produce them only in my capital to defend it, and to take other little cities but I feel like I'm missing something..
29.08.2013 - 18:28
Well, I'll explain how I normally use militia in order to take an advantage of the strategy bonuses.
GW militias are, certainly, much more fast than the same unit in other strategies (except blitz).
But when are you playing in world map, you can easily and effectively move them by sea transports: this is what I call 'Avalanche effect' and I proved it very effectively with Anon (well Anon probably proved it on me haha).
South Korea is a great country to start with for GW not only because it is near cities with high manpower, but also because it has a long, long coast towards south.
Try going from China East to China South, taking all ports along the coast.
You will find fresh militias in every city, and you will make your stack bigger and bigger and if you think it could be destroyed or intercepted by some stealths or bombers, well you can protect him with a movable wall made with destroyers, to prevent being turn blocked or destroyed.
Now, in few turns you will get Bangladesh with an absolute power both in attack and defense, power extremely cheap. So you'll continue your march towards Delhi that is often the first great obstacle in a real game ('cause always someone pick Pakistan or Saudi Arabia as initial country...).
Better if you have an up grated general, so you can move from city to city with your enormous stack.
And of course, your Chinese Marines will break all walls in one turns, will capture first the city near the capital and, with the militias found in and his buffed range, will easily capture the capital and resist for the next turns.

P.S. This is not meaning let all cities in the rearguard empty, but walling all them and use half or more than your reinforcement (in a 8 men city, you can use the 8 militia you will find in to protect the city and the other 8 to enlarge your stack, for example(.

You can use militia also as a great joke: enemy will focus on the enormous menace coming, so that your Marines will take a lot of empty cities.

So, I suggest using a lot of sea transports (money is not a problem with GW, and 400 $ for 15 men are a price you can take) to increase your movement range and gradually gradually your stack's size; taking all the empty or badly defended cities near the cap you want to capture (militia are so important for you, and this much more than in other strategy, so that you can fast attack both with Marines and militias (so that you can defend well it in future) or save marines' army for other attacks; as said by TopHats in this guide, attacking in one point with visible army and take all the rearguard with Marines.

There are a lot of uses of militias, but I recommend, after the initial expansion, autobulding militia in the caps (in middle game you have money).

Some examples: from Siria, Lebanon ecc. you will get in few turns, passing from Greece and Italy a great stack, that, when you take Naples, you can use to march to Paris or Berlin from city to city ( of course you have to wall fuck every city you will capture) - but in Europe you can also take balcans that give you high manpower because caps are near.
From South Korea or Pakistan along the coast, as in Latin America or South East.

But, please, tell me your way to use it, so that I can improve my own.

Ah, V, can I ask you a thing? What would be your initial expansion (first turn) from Germany?
I think Scandinavian countries, Austria, Slovakia, Switzerland and Netherlands ecc...?
Or will you use 10 or more Marines to take a big capital as London or Paris?
30.08.2013 - 14:46
Written by Dr Lecter, 25.08.2013 at 01:40

I recommend using Ukraine or Germany. Anywhere else is just not wise. Mostly because of the transport cost thing.

In a 10K 3v3, wouldn't GW Ukraine get crushed by Turkey (IMP or PD)?
31.08.2013 - 16:08
Written by Dr Lecter, 31.08.2013 at 09:35

Written by Grimm, 30.08.2013 at 14:46

I recommend using Ukraine or Germany. Anywhere else is just not wise. Mostly because of the transport cost thing.

That's more opinion than 100% fact.

Well it was a question really...
31.08.2013 - 17:27
Written by Grimm, 31.08.2013 at 16:08

Written by Dr Lecter, 31.08.2013 at 09:35

Written by Grimm, 30.08.2013 at 14:46

That's more opinion than 100% fact.

Well it was a question really...

GW Ukraine is fine. SM Ukraine and any strategy at any country can be crushed by anything given the proper circumstances.

If you're GW Ukraine and you purchases dozens of infantry and air transports; you're gonna have a bad time.
If you're SM Ukraine and you purchases dozens of tanks and marines; you're gonna have a bad time.
----
31.08.2013 - 17:57
I've seen Pera using GW Ukraine a lot and he's done very well with it
31.08.2013 - 19:15
Written by Dr Lecter, 31.08.2013 at 17:27

GW Ukraine is fine. SM Ukraine and any strategy at any country can be crushed by anything given the proper circumstances.

If you're GW Ukraine and you purchases dozens of infantry and air transports; you're gonna have a bad time.
If you're SM Ukraine and you purchases dozens of tanks and marines; you're gonna have a bad time.

OK, but lets say you know how to play GW well and have a good Ukraine 1st turn opener & all, wouldn't you be overwhelmed by Turkey IMP (which is a classic choice)? If he rushes Kiev, what can you do to beat that huge stack of general-boosted infantry?
31.08.2013 - 19:38
Written by Grimm, 31.08.2013 at 19:15

Written by Dr Lecter, 31.08.2013 at 17:27

OK, but lets say you know how to play GW well and have a good Ukraine 1st turn opener & all, wouldn't you be overwhelmed by Turkey IMP (which is a classic choice)? If he rushes Kiev, what can you do to beat that huge stack of general-boosted infantry?

The legendary GW users Fruit & Tophats are the main ones to answer this.

Myself, depending on the Turkey player, I would be able to or not able to counter.

Turkey IMP with terrible ethics and illogical movements can be toppled. Turkey IMP with awesome ethics and epic movements might be challenge.
----
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word