Get Premium to hide all ads
24.08.2013 - 14:52
 Nero

So I saw this today. And I thought, "this new generation of At-Warers is gonna suck". So I have an idea. Find a way to implement a permanent rank requirement. Say, rank 6+. If all the rank 4's fly to UN to sit for 3 hours and do nothing, they won't acquire skill or be better players. And with the level 6+ requirement, players have enough time to learn the game for what it is. This would also prevent SP farming off little nooblets from high ranked UN. Please, tell me what you think.
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
24.08.2013 - 14:58
They should just ban UN altogether. It's a massive SP Farming lot.

Farmer John is making a killing off all this SP, I tell you...
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
24.08.2013 - 14:59
Written by Anon, 24.08.2013 at 14:58

I think the image is broken, but also I disagree because people come to this game to have fun, so if they choose to play UN then that is there choice

UN isn't fun. They play it because of all the SP they farm for. They set goals of becoming ranks and beating rank obstacles- it's not oriented around REAL fun or strategy.

link: http://prntscr.com/1n6hh7

----
24.08.2013 - 15:04
I play it for fun
----
24.08.2013 - 15:08
Written by Cpt.Magic, 24.08.2013 at 15:04

I play it for fun

Your tastebuds must've been burned off with your brain.
----
24.08.2013 - 15:09
Written by Dr Lecter, 24.08.2013 at 15:08

Written by Cpt.Magic, 24.08.2013 at 15:04

I play it for fun

Your tastebuds must've been burned off with your brain.

Ur just mad because people dont play the shit u call fun
----
24.08.2013 - 15:14
Well, here's one thing:

Admiral does have a point.

But I mean really, who wouldn't have fun SP Farming?

In that case, I should be allowed to make an alt and fight it to farm for SP.
And if you think it's wrong, go kick rocks- because I find it fun therefore it bypasses rules.

That's the logic Admiral is presenting.
----
24.08.2013 - 15:14
Written by Nero, 24.08.2013 at 14:52

So I saw this today. And I thought, "this new generation of At-Warers is gonna suck". So I have an idea. Find a way to implement a permanent rank requirement. Say, rank 6+. If all the rank 4's fly to UN to sit for 3 hours and do nothing, they won't acquire skill or be better players. And with the level 6+ requirement, players have enough time to learn the game for what it is. This would also prevent SP farming off little nooblets from high ranked UN. Please, tell me what you think.

Most low ranks will leave cause most people play afterwind for senarios
----
24.08.2013 - 15:17
Written by Cpt.Magic, 24.08.2013 at 15:14

I've seen very few UNs with highranks.

Most of them are there to get a kick out of pissing off low ranks, pissing off everybody else by "going rogue", or just so damn bored out of their mind because every other player in UN isn't willing to play 3v3s or other games with them, because they'd rather SP farm in UN.
----
24.08.2013 - 15:23

no, low ranks play UN just because they want quick easy sp without gettin kill by high ranks, then u have fake high ranks that suck and ruin ww2 games.

i only add leavers and ally-fags, or people that take my empty land to my enemy list.
24.08.2013 - 15:24
Written by Dr Lecter, 24.08.2013 at 15:17

Most of them are there to get a kick out of pissing off low ranks, pissing off everybody else by
"going rogue", or just so damn bored out of their mind because every other player in UN isn't willing to play 3v3s or other games with them, because they'd rather SP farm in UN.

I can name many rank 8 7 and 6 that play un games
----
24.08.2013 - 15:25
Written by Cpt.Magic, 24.08.2013 at 15:24

Written by Dr Lecter, 24.08.2013 at 15:17

Most of them are there to get a kick out of pissing off low ranks, pissing off everybody else by
"going rogue", or just so damn bored out of their mind because every other player in UN isn't willing to play 3v3s or other games with them, because they'd rather SP farm in UN.

I can name many rank 8 7 and 6 that play un games

and when you ask them to play a 1 vs1 those "ranks 8,7 and 6" get annihilated.
24.08.2013 - 15:29
Does every one in atwar have to play 1v1s
----
24.08.2013 - 15:31
Most people only play for fun lol
----
24.08.2013 - 15:34
Written by Cpt.Magic, 24.08.2013 at 15:31

Most people only play for fun lol

so i should let them rank up quick to level 8 in UN games, and then let them be USA just to ruin my scenario?

24.08.2013 - 15:37
Just dont let them play ur games not like people troll un games
----
24.08.2013 - 15:38
Who let a rank 4 be usa any way
----
24.08.2013 - 15:39
This is the broken image in first post;

24.08.2013 - 15:39
Written by Cpt.Magic, 24.08.2013 at 15:37

Just dont let them play ur games not like people troll un games

This people rank up fast.
24.08.2013 - 15:47
But the othe guy was in a un game for 34 turns and have less then 100 sp is that sp farming??
----
24.08.2013 - 15:59
Written by Cpt.Magic, 24.08.2013 at 15:38

Funny you should say that,

UN doesn't build skills. You could get to rank 7 in a month and have absolutely no realistic skill or understanding of Strategy.
----
24.08.2013 - 16:37
Un will always end up in farming:

24.08.2013 - 17:34
Written by Dr Lecter, 24.08.2013 at 15:59

UN doesn't build skills. You could get to rank 7 in a month and have absolutely no realistic skill or understanding of Strategy.

WHO CARES PEOPLE PLAY A GAME TO HAVE FUN WHATS THE POINT OF PLAYING SOMETHING IF UR NOT GOING TO HAVE FUN?
----
24.08.2013 - 18:15
Written by Cpt.Magic, 24.08.2013 at 17:34

Written by Dr Lecter, 24.08.2013 at 15:59

WHO CARES PEOPLE PLAY A GAME TO HAVE FUN WHATS THE POINT OF PLAYING SOMETHING IF UR NOT GOING TO HAVE FUN?

because this happens: http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=9620

and is killing my fun
24.08.2013 - 19:03
Dont letm play ur game then lol
----
24.08.2013 - 19:16
Written by Cpt.Magic, 24.08.2013 at 19:03

Dont letm play ur game then lol

I don't think you know what you're saying:

It's easy to sit back and say "don't let them play". But understand that UNs facilitate a very swift and simple farming method. Any piss poor strategist at rank 3 will quickly acquire rank 7, and only have about the same skill set as rank 5s generally have (basic understanding of walling, turn block, crit, strategies, etc).

This means that if you are a rank 8 and up and want to host a 3v3, you have to exclude most any rank 7 because of how easy it is for anyone to reach it. It gets worse- It's not like these people stopped playing UN when they got to rank 7. That's all they know how to play. Eventually when they get tired of it at about rank 8 - 9, the rest of us who earned our positions the hard way will have to struggle to host even 1 decent game. There would be so many rank 8s that made it with very little skill that it'd be impossible to simply kick them from games. Not to mention how hard it is to keep kicking somebody who keeps returning.

All in all, this poisons game hosting. UNs are a massive SP farm. SP farm, ally fagging, etc. You can call it anything. It's a game where anything will go, and if you try to report the crap that allegedly breaks "How you should play UNs" you're probably going to be ignored unless it's a gross and obscene situation where the person you reported was breaking AW rules- not the UN's.

If this persists into the future, the community will rot. Game hosts will quit. It's one thing when you don't pay AW to have your general, but it's another thing entirely when premium customers who only pay to host fun games that they have a shot in quit and stop providing AW with income. Then you've got even bigger problems.

Don't think I am over exaggerating. One thing leads to another. In politics, even at smaller levels, it comes out to what is in who's best interest. One thing will eventually translate into something that pisses someone else off. We don't need UNs. They're not in anybody's real interest.
----
24.08.2013 - 19:23
Ur saying that no one likes it when its ALL MOST THE MOST PLAYED SENARIO and who are u to tell people they cant play a game they like?
----
24.08.2013 - 19:52
Written by Cpt.Magic, 24.08.2013 at 19:23

Ur saying that no one likes it when its ALL MOST THE MOST PLAYED SENARIO and who are u to tell people they cant play a game they like?

Oh my god you ignored like 90% of what I'm telling you.

It's not just about people damn liking it. No one will like the result of strategically-brain-dead players pissing off all of our hosts enough to make them quit, effectively denting AW's reputation and it's income.
----
24.08.2013 - 20:02
Why not just make a new Gametype called "RolePlay" (What UN is based off of), and SP is cut in half at the end? Or something like that, where SP is deducted drastically in this "fun" gametype. Hell, we could just have two sections of gametypes: Ranked and unranked, if it would mean keeping the game in everyone's best interest, and V stated previously. Anyways, i personally find the idea behind UN games fantastic, though the SP output and skill involved degrade the game for anyone playing, it seems.
24.08.2013 - 20:07
Written by Dr Lecter, 24.08.2013 at 19:52

Written by Cpt.Magic, 24.08.2013 at 19:23

Oh my god you ignored like 90% of what I'm telling you.

It's not just about people damn liking it. No one will like the result of strategically-brain-dead players pissing off all of our hosts enough to make them quit, effectively denting AW's reputation and it's income.

i give up hosting scenarios and making maps along time ago, each time i make one super map people never play it cuz UN gets all the players, and when i get to get it full is ruined within 5 turns by a wf or leaver.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word