Get Premium to hide all ads
10.01.2019 - 22:23
Bear with me please..

Okay so as it stands we're an indie game. The two reasons I could think of were because we aren't under a brand like EA and also because we don't have a very large population.

If we did get on steam, I was wondering what the ramifications of that would be. We all on here know each other. In a way it's a community of sorts, complete with cliques, infighting, entertain room chats (I love waffles singing <3), all that jazz. Would going on steam sort of ruin that vibe?

I know we will cross this bridge when we get to it, but I thought some of the questions were worth, at least chewing on. So idk what the total or average number of players is, but lets say it's 1000 currently. This game is very fun and addicting, so if we assume marketing goes well, we could see those numbers double and triple. Would that double and triple the amount of mods required? Would the influx of newbies make the game not as fun, since there'd be more people who have no idea what they are doing and not enough experienced people to help? Is the reason why we haven't went steam yet because we have to work out all the kinks now? If we have the "perfect" game let's say now, would that improve the potential reviews? What would happen to the forum? Once this game gets the finishes touches would we need to rewrite some of the basic stuff and lock everything else?

I wonder if there will be a huge rift between the old timers and the new generation. There generally always is to a small degree, but I bet if we got like 100 new people over a week, every week, the rift would be more obvious.

Thoughts?
----
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word