Get Premium to hide all ads
01.08.2013 - 18:21
 VRIL
Who makes the best looking and most accurate borders?
Open for submissions until August 31

To participate just post a screenshot of your map in this thread. Mind the following before submitting:
  • only submit when you are the creator of the map
  • mandatory: visible borders of at least 1 country and a background image
  • colours: adjust colours and transparency as you think fit
  • zoom: exactly max. in-game zoom
  • cities: may be included as you think fit
  • labels: may be included as you think fit
  • crop: relevant content only! (no elements of user interface, your browser window, desktop background or white edges)
  • resolution: 800x600 pixels. no resizing!

Hint: If you shouldnt be able to crop your screenshot to 800x600 pixels for some reason, try to crop the edges until you get clos to the size of the example screenshot. Just dont post a screenshot of your full screen. http://www.wikihow.com/Crop-an-Image-with-Microsoft-Paint

Since this is the autismus maximus contest there cant be a simple vote in the end. There will be an accurate evaluation of all different aspects. After August 31 the competition ends and I will contact each participant via private message including a link to a poll on an external site where you rate the work of the other contestants according the aspects of border complexity (45%), visual cooperation of borders and background (25%), authenticity/creativity (15%), quality of presentation (15%). To avoid the player with most friends winning only participants are eligible to vote. The winner gets to choose the border color of the trophy and the description which is the second line. Check it out on the picture above. Description can be something like that: Best borders in AW or best map maker or all jelly etc. Basically anything you like! This trophy is absolutely unique and will only be awarded to one player ever!

---

Example screenshot
    01.08.2013 - 19:25
     Utah

All made from scratch. Homemade borders taste the best. So when do I get my autism trophy?
    ----
    The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
    01.08.2013 - 20:50

----

† In GOD We Trust †
    01.08.2013 - 21:38
    Ezzatam
    ----
    "evoL is that place you go to to find yourself
    and then ditch when you're pro and want to hang out with the other players we made" - Sasori
    02.08.2013 - 08:29
    Written by e Mare, 02.08.2013 at 08:04

-

This definitely has the best borders.
    ----
    02.08.2013 - 09:16
    Written by KUNG PAO, 01.08.2013 at 21:38

Ezzatam

Boo.
    02.08.2013 - 11:16
    Throwing my hat into the ring.

02.08.2013 - 14:55
    Very good equinox

i post my europe borders in 1334 :

800x600 image (in max zoom ingame)
    02.08.2013 - 16:21
    ----
    06.08.2013 - 05:45
    Written by ezzatam, 02.08.2013 at 09:16

Written by KUNG PAO, 01.08.2013 at 21:38

Ezzatam

Boo.

ily tho
    ----
    "evoL is that place you go to to find yourself
    and then ditch when you're pro and want to hang out with the other players we made" - Sasori
    07.08.2013 - 06:33
    My Victoria Map. I'm still working on asia, map isn't finished yet I made the scenario to color the map only that why Kiev is Russian Empire cap and Konstantiniye is not in Ottoman Empire

UK

Balkans, Anatolia and Italy

Baltic Sea

Germany, almost all countries added but I merged some countries, like Weimar and Saxe x or Nassau and Saxe y because those Saxe countries are really really small D:

And that's how Europe looks like
    ----
    21.08.2013 - 15:32
     KYBL
    Here are some previews of my 1400's map. Nowhere near done.

Persia:

British Isles:

Iberian Peninsula:
    ----

22.08.2013 - 12:09
    Map: Steam Wars
    Creator: Columna Durruti
    Launched: 19.8.2013
    Category: Fantasy
    Size: 4500 x 2850
    Countries: 36
    Cities: 196

Cote d'armes of the countries change color according to occupation of the country. They are part of the territories.
    ----
    29.08.2013 - 17:38
    My extremely late submission (Click on each image for full 800x600 presentation):

I took a few screens of what I've accomplished thus far on my upcoming map, 1939: Rise. So far, only Europe is complete, so hopefully I don't have to submit a full map Also, I worked on the borders alone for at least 16 total hours over the course of a few weeks.

Anyways, here goes:

30.08.2013 - 11:44
     KYBL
    Alright, here is my final entry (Japan 1400):
    ----

30.08.2013 - 13:09
    Does this count?

Couldn't add countries and cities yet, however I plan to add them when I have enough time.
    ----

30.08.2013 - 13:44
     Utah
    Written by Aqua Heartia, 30.08.2013 at 13:09

Does this count?

Couldn't add countries and cities yet, however I plan to add them when I have enough time.

This contest is for CARTOGRAPHY, so nope.
    ----
    The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
    30.08.2013 - 15:48

Does this count?

Love it! But you need a background to make an official entry, no? Otherwise, this is fantastic, albeit a bit blocky in some area. 9/10 man, really great.
    30.08.2013 - 15:59
     Utah
    While great and showing a LOT of effort it would not really be fair to include it in this contest. It is a contest for Cartography, the art of border-making. Borders are imaginary lines that separate political entities. Some work hard to make these borders as ACCURATE as possible. What Epalka made represents nothing of borders and is simply anime art unrelated to borders. He should on the other hand receive an award, just not the coveted Austismus Maximus.
    ----
    30.08.2013 - 19:58

Does this count?

Enjoy your new medals.
    31.08.2013 - 10:16
    Im submitting my Ultimate WWI last minute. Ill post pics and publish tonight.
    31.08.2013 - 20:46
    Colonial Empires (Custom)
    by: Tunder3

01.09.2013 - 11:20
     VRIL
    Thank you all for your contributions!

Contestants and eligible jury:
    utahrapter3, Comrade In Arms, Jonesin5x, Terminal, TheEquinox, J.Schumpeter, Avatar, Roncho, Emir Timur, Columna Durruti, Joyeuse, Epalka, Tik-Tok, Tunder3

- Utah, avatar, comrade, joyeuse please crop your image! Images significantly bigger (+100 px) than 800x600 recieve a 5% penalty of their overall rating! http://www.wikihow.com/Crop-an-Image-with-Microsoft-Paint

- Epalka you need a background image mono color doesnt count!

- Joyeuse your images look unsharp! You can take a screenshot at max in-game zoom level to fix it

- Comrade In Arms, Jonesin5x, Roncho, Emir Timur, Columna Durruti, Joyeuse, Epalka, Tunder3 please mark ONE of your images for me to include in the final rating process. If there is none marked I will use my common sense and pick the one for you that I like best.

- TheEquinox I suggest you crop your image a little to get rid of the user interface elements. I know it is not your fault because your map is small.

- Tik-Tok you can finish your map and post it here the next days until I finished the poll
    01.09.2013 - 11:33
    Hello Vril,
    please use the following image for Steam Wars' participation in the contest.
    Thnx.

Written by Columna Durruti, 22.08.2013 at 12:09

Map: Steam Wars
    Creator: Columna Durruti
    Launched: 19.8.2013
    Category: Fantasy
    Size: 4500 x 2850
    Countries: 36
    Cities: 196

----
    01.09.2013 - 11:43
    Written by VRIL, 01.09.2013 at 11:20

Thank you all for your contributions!

Contestants and eligible jury:
    utahrapter3, Comrade In Arms, Jonesin5x, Terminal, TheEquinox, J.Schumpeter, Avatar, Roncho, Emir Timur, Columna Durruti, Joyeuse, Epalka, Tik-Tok, Tunder3

- Utah, avatar, comrade, joyeuse please crop your image! Images significantly bigger (+100 px) than 800x600 recieve a 5% penalty of their overall rating! http://www.wikihow.com/Crop-an-Image-with-Microsoft-Paint

- Epalka you need a background image mono color doesnt count!

- Joyeuse your images look unsharp! You can take a screenshot at max in-game zoom level to fix it

- Comrade In Arms, Jonesin5x, Roncho, Emir Timur, Columna Durruti, Joyeuse, Epalka, Tunder3 please mark ONE of your images for me to include in the final rating process. If there is none marked I will use my common sense and pick the one for you that I like best.

- TheEquinox I suggest you crop your image a little to get rid of the user interface elements. I know it is not your fault because your map is small.

- Tik-Tok you can finish your map and post it here the next days until I finished the poll

----

† In GOD We Trust †
    01.09.2013 - 13:41
     Utah

Here is my reuploaded image, exactly 800x600

And again I would like to emphasize that I made all those borders by hand, nothing was default
    ----
    01.09.2013 - 14:14
     VRIL
    Sorry guys I think you got me wrong! It will be very hard for you to judge border accuaracy etc. when you are zoomed out that far. use max. in-game zoom please. That will make it much easier to compare your work to the others.

To do that either go into the editor and zoom in completely. Now look above the mini map in the bottom right hand corner and click 'show max. in-game zoom' or you open the map as a normal game and take the screenshot there. You will most likely not be able to show your complete map but that is just fine! You can choose to showcase the section of your map that you like best.
    01.09.2013 - 14:24
    Written by VRIL, 01.09.2013 at 14:14

Sorry guys I think you got me wrong! It will be very hard for you to judge border accuaracy etc. when you are zoomed out that far. use max. in-game zoom please. That will make it much easier to compare your work to the others.

To do that either go into the editor and zoom in completely. Now look above the mini map in the bottom right hand corner and click 'show max. in-game zoom' or you open the map as a normal game and take the screenshot there. You will most likely not be able to show your complete map but that is just fine! You can choose to showcase the section of your map that you like best.

Vril,
    you never said it explicitly that it should be "max in-game zoom".
    Nevertheless - for the very nature of this contest: the evaluation of borders - I assumed it from the very beginning. Actually, it was needless to say; at least in my opinion.
    Guys, just keep it simple: max in-game zoom of an area, SS, crop the area (NO resizing) to 800x600 and upload the image. No big deal.
    Cheers.
    ----
    01.09.2013 - 14:39
     VRIL
    Its in the first post in the middle of the list. But it might be that I have edited it in later a day or two. Because I didnt want to be too restrictive with that.

Because for some of you it might be beneficial to show a bigger part of the map. Im looking at jonesin5x, Terminal and Epalka. If you have very large countries like you and comrade do you could zoom out a little bit aswell if you really think that it would benefit you. But its pretty obvious that it will be very hard to get 9 points for border accuaracy if youre zoomed out completely

So all other do max in-game zoom please.
    01.09.2013 - 14:50
    Image for the poll:

atWar

About Us
    Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word