Get Premium to hide all ads
01.11.2013 - 09:46
 Desu

Link to map:

http://atwar-game.com/map/?id=4578

The Wheel of Time is a fantasy series of books written by Robert Jordan. I've loved this series ever since I learned to read, and by the end, I knew it was the best story I've ever seen or ever will see of any medium, be it other books, TV series, anime, or blockbuster movies, nothing seems to match up. I figured it deserved a decent map. Anyone interested in fantasy books, or just storytelling in general, I highly suggest reading this masterpiece.

This will be my first map, and likely my last map unless something else that interests me comes along and looks viable for atWar. I fumbled around in the beginning but I think it turned out well. Lately I haven't been able to play competitive atWar very well since my connection and computer caused lag every time I clicked, so I decided to make a map.

Onto the map itself.

- Rivers galore - They are very prominent so I decided to draw out every single one, and every city on a river is a port.
- Units - Most of the standard units are there, just no air units. This renders Sky Menace useless. Also no Destroyers. There is a custom unit called;
- Blademasters - High cost for a last line unit. This unit only has 2 attack and 3 defence, making sure it attacks or defends last. 35 HP is incredible.
-

You know when you're playing a map, and you get these horrible real life pictures or paintings that you can't tell apart since they are down sized so much? Yeah I hate that too. Ever since scenarios were put in the game, and people could edit unit pictures, I had a thing against it. So I made a mental note not to do this if I ever make a map. Thus we have this.

Very clean, isn't it?

01.11.2013 - 12:37
Love the unit pictures.
01.11.2013 - 13:44
Good luck with this, i love that series of books as well and am delighted to see a map being made of that world.

as for the units, im assuming youre sticking aes sedai and ashaman in there somewhere. perhaps as event units? theyre a must lol although their stats could be tricky

as a scenario map this could have great potential too, you could have sides like the darkone, the trollocs, the seanchan, tarvolon, tear, the black tower, the ogier, the children of the light etc

actually theres probably an horrendous amount of work in this lol
----
01.11.2013 - 17:12
For a first time map looks pretty good will try it out.
01.11.2013 - 19:22
Looks decent for a first time map. Is it finished?
02.11.2013 - 01:26
Looks good, very good unit pictures, like laochora said a scenario could fit into this although it would be epic if FFA!!
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

03.11.2013 - 19:23
 Desu
Written by Permamuted, 01.11.2013 at 13:44

Good luck with this, i love that series of books as well and am delighted to see a map being made of that world.

as for the units, im assuming youre sticking aes sedai and ashaman in there somewhere. perhaps as event units? theyre a must lol although their stats could be tricky

as a scenario map this could have great potential too, you could have sides like the darkone, the trollocs, the seanchan, tarvolon, tear, the black tower, the ogier, the children of the light etc

actually theres probably an horrendous amount of work in this lol
I am looking for a game-type balance rather than including everything in the series, so something every country can have. Aes Sedai are certainly everywhere so I'll probably add them, and the Ashaman could be done as well with the same stats(or opposite stats).

And yes, on the scenario front I could do stuff from any age as well. Though the map would need to be redone for things too old(none of the nations are the same 1k+ years ago). The Whitecloak Wars, the Aiel War, War against the Seanchan, and The Last Battle are doable on the current map as scenarios though. I could add plenty of special units for those.

Written by Meester, 01.11.2013 at 19:22

Looks decent for a first time map. Is it finished?
It is finished in terms of perfectly playable. I can still add polish and even make scenarios of it though, plenty I can do if I put the effort into it.

And thanks everyone, it turned out really well for a first map. I edited the OP to have the HTML5 link instead of a picture for the example.
04.11.2013 - 08:40
I like the unit pics, I had too much trouble making out what they were when selecting how many in other scenarios. I usually have to rollover them.
04.11.2013 - 19:35
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
05.11.2013 - 10:28
Just four words:
zomfg zomfg zomfg zomfg.
05.11.2013 - 19:45
AlexMeza
Account deleted
I luv the icons. :3 Where did you get them from?
14.11.2013 - 15:50
 Desu
Written by Guest, 05.11.2013 at 19:45

I luv the icons. :3 Where did you get them from?

I simply took images from google that were the shape I wanted, made them black and white by whiting out the inner areas and blacking out backgrounds. Or something was already in the form I wanted them.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word