‹‹ Back to Bugs
Get Premium to hide all ads
20.04.2011 - 15:44
 YOBA
I've been having this problem in the last 3 days or so where in a few turns of a game, with no particular correlation of when this happens--no move orders are actually sent and I actually do nothing in the whole round. I don't recruit anything, either, but everyone else happens to move.

Basically, I make no changes from my side whatsoever as if I'm AFK but everyone else proceeds with the game normally.

This has happened very irregularly but in all games I've played over the past 3 days or so. By this I mean the 2nd, 3rd or WHATEVER week of the game may not have my orders sent in and in the same game this can happen right at the end of the 40th week--in really random times overall.

Even if I click "end turn" very early, I still see my name in the people the game is waiting for to finish presumably because my orders haven't been sent in and therefore, this is not a valid solution.

This is a clearly game-ruining bug. Please fix it.

Note: If you look through the site logs, you may have noticed I browse with Opera. Well, I asked a few more players about this bug and quite a few have had it before, as it seems, albeit in the Firefox browser.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
20.04.2011 - 15:52
 YOBA
Oh, and if I may say, can you move the "Bugs" sub-category to the top of the "Afterwind forums" category? It is easily the most important category there is to game development but most players are unaware of and think the "General discussion" is where you talk about bugs because the "Bugs" category is placed so low!

Please move it up to the top, for the good of Afterwind!
----
YOBA:
20.04.2011 - 16:11
 Amok (Admin)
Please also use the in-game bug report feature (help => report a bug), that way it will be much easier for us to see what had actually happened. Use it right after you notice the bug.

Can anyone else comment on this ? I thought that this bug was fixed long time ago. Apparently not, so let's see if anyone else has it. The more info we have, the better.
20.04.2011 - 16:32
Written by Amok, 20.04.2011 at 16:11

Please also use the in-game bug report feature (help => report a bug), that way it will be much easier for us to see what had actually happened. Use it right after you notice the bug.

Can anyone else comment on this ? I thought that this bug was fixed long time ago. Apparently not, so let's see if anyone else has it. The more info we have, the better.

Ive noticed it a little bit, but it usually isnt so drastic. It only happens to me when the page refreshes, server reconnects, or in one instance, just randomly. Does it have anything to do with blocking people troops? Ive heard from a few players that strategy was fixed so that everyones path is choosen by the game randomly, maybe that has something to do with it, sounds a little familiar to that.
20.04.2011 - 17:43
The only time this happens to me anymore is when some of my units are intercepted at some point in the moves I make, which is, I think, a feature/consequence of game play and not a bug. Maybe he means something else though.
20.04.2011 - 17:48
I've seen this a few times. For me, it only occurs when you disconnect then reconnect (you might not notice this bit if it's quick enough) and then allow the timer to expire rather than ending your turn.

The simplest work around is just to remember to end turn. Though I've seen it mentioned of here a couple of times, so I assume it's being looked into
23.04.2011 - 13:16
Happened to me before as well outside of troop interception. Recruitment orders never occur. Troops nowhere near enemy soldiers never move. For me it happens randomly.
----
Our Mahdi will have a broad forehead and a prominent nose. He will fill the earth with justice as it is filled with injustice and tyranny.
23.04.2011 - 14:12
 Amok (Admin)
Thanks everyone for commenting on this, but I need more data! Surely others had this problem too?
23.04.2011 - 19:04
I think it may tie in with either the randomness of movement orders being processed and/or which goes first, but I can't really say even though this has happened to me.
----
04.06.2011 - 17:04
 YOBA
Oh boy. Time to bump.

This seems to be Opera and IE7-exclusive. My computer never upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 but that's because I probably uninstalled that junk as soon as I discovered the joys of Chrome and later Opera. Firefox is still bloated and slow ;__;

So yeah. It works fine in Chrome, but it certainly is annoying to have 2 different applications open at once, one to browse the internet and post here and another (which normally runs slower because it sucks!) to play Afterwind. "Installing" a local copy of Afterwind (done by right-clicking) doesn't work either, as the window that launches is probably running Trident in the background.

Please fix this. Opera is a brilliant browser and I wouldn't be surprised if around 5% of players are using it for normal browsing in this more-technologically-advanced community (less IE, more alternative). Yes, an Afterwind that ran properly on Opera would be a blessing!
----
YOBA:
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word