Get Premium to hide all ads
05.12.2013 - 20:01
I find it incredibly annoying when you host a game with a certain set of rules and people change them.

It mainly annoys me because when I don't have much time to play I will host a 2 min turn game, and then the next turn someone changes the rules, this is not only disrespectful, but if you don't want to play with that time, please leave the game.

I think at least for 10 turns, changing any of the games settings should require the hosts approval.

If i'm honest, I think changing any settings in a game should require unanimous agreement. it is terribly annoying when you join something and have to leave because idiots change the time.

Edit: most people in the thread agree with:

Majority + host. - for 10 turns, after that just majority. If the host leaves it turns to majority again.
extra thing is for casual games it should require a unanimous decision to change from 12 to 24 hours, because logging on two times a day can be impossible for some people.
The reason i said 5 protocoins for settings lock is because it is pennies, and it is a cheap way to make money. I mean I am fairly sure you get 50PC free whn you sign up anyways. so yeah.
05.12.2013 - 20:05
I disapprove. its the players game. not a dictatorship like it use to be.
----
Written by NateBaller, 30.08.2012 at 20:04

I make Americans look bad? Are you kidding me?
05.12.2013 - 20:08
Death1812
Account deleted
Support, i <3 dictatorship
05.12.2013 - 20:10
Written by DURRHUNTER, 05.12.2013 at 20:05

I disapprove. its the players game. not a dictatorship like it use to be.

if you don't like someone else's dictatorship you can always go into someone else's dictatorship.
05.12.2013 - 20:19
 KYBL
I support. The host as very little power currently and this should be fixed.
----

05.12.2013 - 21:17
I'd prefer if it would be majority + host instead of unanimous. Either this or a settings lock.
----
Written by Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
05.12.2013 - 21:28
Majority + host.

and the ability to lock settings for 5 protocoins? guess that would work.
06.12.2013 - 02:32
Support, i guess majority + host would be the best. This way the host can not change the setting to his/her advantage as well as the other players. I do like the idea of having an option to 'check' before the game starts that fixes the settings. Both could be added, maybe some people wouldn't like to have fixed settings but also wouldn't like that only majority decides on changing settings.
----
06.12.2013 - 05:52
 Utah
Support, tired of nubs changing my sheeet.
----
The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
06.12.2013 - 07:02
Written by nonames, 05.12.2013 at 21:28

Majority + host.

This will be the best solution . However; i think it should have a maximum of about 10 turns, because the game can have changed dramaticly.
Also; this rule has to be canceled when the host leaves and someone else becomes host.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
06.12.2013 - 07:08
Majority+host sounds good.

In casual games it should NOT be possible to change from 24 to 12 h game; there are casual game players that cannot connect twice a day. If a game is set to 24 hour turns it shall remain 24 h turns.
Differently for 12h turn games: they may be changed to 24 h.
06.12.2013 - 16:49
Support Majority+Host
----
"Riddle me this, Riddle me that...?" - The Riddler

07.12.2013 - 07:11
As some suggested in the past, another option in the game setting phase where host can choose if the game setting can be changed or not, will be a better solution.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word