Get Premium to hide all ads
30.03.2014 - 10:03

The idea behind the map was to create a team-game map where both sides could create the same starting position, thus relying less on the first picks but more on the original idea and strategy. The countries displayed on this map are based on the EU+ countries, copying their income and their aviable reinforcements. Note that some minor changes have been made to tweak the value of a few countries though.

Obviously I could have just taken a Europe map and mirror it to get the same effect. I prefered to design a map myself though, in order to make this a bit more unique. Also a Mirrored Europe map has the size of Eurasia, which isn't really preferable with only a small group of players. Note that the Countries in the middle are obviously not to be picked at start. I haven't worked out a default rule to disable them in picking yet, though. (I don't even know if it is possible to disable them from picking without creating a scenario, if so, let me know). ##Reminder: The map is more like a prototype at the current point, than a finished product.

You can take a closer look at the map here: http://atwar-game.com/map/?id=6546 or obviously ingame.

Recent Changes;
# Country name-tags resized to fit better on the map.

There are a few changes planned in the future (if I find time to do so);
# The water graphic has yet to be changed, also the graphic of the land mass may be changed to look more realistic.
# General map to be resized
# Country flags and City pics to be added

One request: Tell me what you think about the movement range. Does it have to be nerfed or does it fit fine? Same question about the income.

I'm open for opinions, advice and criticism.
----
On the cool side of Thievery.
30.03.2014 - 11:02
german:
Ich mag die karte, aber spanien braucht die kanaren, die kanaren sind op!

die idee is gut, aber Skandinavien zu entfernen ist irgendwie blöd, dadurch wird deutschland noch schwächer gegenüber dem united kingdom
ich frage mich allerdings ob 'seriöse' zocker/pros die map mögen, viele haben sich einfach an die standart europa+ map gewöhnt und sind zu lethargisch etwas neues auszuprobieren, vorallem für CWs
English:
i like this map but spain needs at least one island like 500km away from europe

the idea is great but don't kill scandinavia, only sweden survived, germany becomes weak this way.
and i wonder if competitve players really will learn to like this, i think they like the standart europe+ map too much to agree with such an new desing.
----

30.03.2014 - 11:50
Written by Guest, 30.03.2014 at 11:14

This isn't Europe... this a different map where you named random countries after europeans ones.

No shit sherlock. You might read the description again, as stated it's an alternative version.
The country names resemble their income/reinforcements on the Europe+ map, thus were named after it.
But I might better rename it before more people show up and bring up such a obvious point, which is already pointed out in the description.
----
30.03.2014 - 11:59
Written by Tirpitz406, 30.03.2014 at 11:02

i like this map but spain needs at least one island like 500km away from europe

the idea is great but don't kill scandinavia, only sweden survived, germany becomes weak this way.
and i wonder if competitve players really will learn to like this, i think they like the standart europe+ map too much to agree with such an new desing.

There will very likely never be a CW played on this map. Might be caused by the quality of the map or as you pointed already out, the majority of "pro" players is too lethargic and deadlocked in their usual 3on3, first pick turkey/ukraine pattern. Nonetheless, you could present a perfect tournament map on here and the "pro" players wouldn't get into it.
----
30.03.2014 - 12:00
Written by Guest, 30.03.2014 at 11:59

Written by Clovek30, 30.03.2014 at 11:50

Written by Guest, 30.03.2014 at 11:14

This isn't Europe... this a different map where you named random countries after europeans ones.

No shit sherlock. You might read the description again, as stated it's an alternative version.
The country names resemble their income/reinforcements on the Europe+ map, thus were named after it.

I'm sorry but you didn't change Europe so it isn't an alternative version of Europe.

Whats next; you going to do this?

"I made an alternative Asia."

Jeez, go troll somewhere else, kthx. Europe is taken out of the title.
----
30.03.2014 - 12:02
Written by Clovek30, 30.03.2014 at 11:59

There will very likely never be a CW played on this map. Might be caused by the quality of the map or as you pointed already out, the majority of "pro" players is too lethargic and deadlocked in their usual 3on3, first pick turkey/ukraine pattern. Nonetheless, you could present a perfect tournament map on here and the "pro" players wouldn't get into it.

well, the perfect tournament map is WW2 i think but nobody would ever CW in that, as nearly never a clan has 10 people online to play WW2. and some (Alexmeza) don't like it
----

31.03.2014 - 01:34
I really like this map, and contrary to popular opinion in this thread I will be pushing for it to be used in competitive play.
----
Written by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Written by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

02.04.2014 - 05:05
Written by Clovek30, 30.03.2014 at 10:03

The idea is great, really useful if you have knowledge of EU+ map of what areas are going to be good for you strategy wise, working out your economy etc, my only criticism is from just looking at the map I think it will favour the stacking strategies, the north I think is under utilised in terms of moving with sea transports, perhaps you could shift 1 of the German and Swedish cities up to the peninsulas?
10.04.2014 - 04:17
5/5 , I like.
wat bonkz saidd
----
"My words are my bullets."-John Lydon

Spart is love
10.04.2014 - 15:34
Unfortunately I don't find any more time to work on this, so I decided to unpublish it. Maybe, when I find time (which means I lose my job and my gf leaves me) I will create a improved version with all the feedback I got. Thanks for everyone stating their opinions in PR or this thread.
----
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word