Get Premium to hide all ads
20.05.2011 - 14:23
I've tried and failed. IF bombers and SM bombers are very powerful units, having high defence and offence. I can beat any of those strats early on in the game when they're struggling for units/funds, usually, but once they gain momentum it is very much harder to do so.

Anyone found a way to beat bomber stacks?
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
20.05.2011 - 14:27
Ask Fruit to join as luxemburg in late game, worked fine last time.
20.05.2011 - 14:31
Now accepting applications for fruit to join as luxembourg (fees may be applied)
----
Written by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Written by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

20.05.2011 - 16:36
Keep some marines next to your important capitals, most SM users tend to left it unprotected so they can build more bombers to keep advancing and stack militias/infantries in your country (if it's a capture home capital/country).

Try to hurt his economy by taking unprotected cities (no need to go for the fortified capitals, it's just a way to change the place of the battle, so he has to (a) separate his stacks or (b) build units in the back-line, losing the most important thing for him: income.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
21.05.2011 - 00:27
Written by Pinheiro, 20.05.2011 at 16:36

Keep some marines next to your important capitals, most SM users tend to left it unprotected so they can build more bombers to keep advancing and stack militias/infantries in your country (if it's a capture home capital/country).

Try to hurt his economy by taking unprotected cities (no need to go for the fortified capitals, it's just a way to change the place of the battle, so he has to (a) separate his stacks or (b) build units in the back-line, losing the most important thing for him: income.

They will sometimes go back for it, and since you already used your marines they would die. Easily avoidable; and if you use something to stall turns it would make it so you can't use the marines on them because they would all still be in the city and will likely build defenses.

He's talking about later in the game, when you get later in the game you would have to take tons of cities just to attack the income
----
Fruit is right

21.05.2011 - 03:36
Bomber stacks aren't fun at all. I usually just do the same thing I do whenever I encounter any superstack; hit it with a token unit to turn block. Plus I have upgraded AA.

I don't understand why bombers would have equal offense/defense. They should change it in my opinion.
22.05.2011 - 22:08
Bombers are most powerful in a concentrated stack so it's commonly used as a capital bum rush strategy i suggest simply changing the games setting to total annihilation. It does take longer but it seems most people quit when u start powning them and if you do get a resilient player lots of sp
23.05.2011 - 07:31
Can't change VC during the game though, but yeah...
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
30.06.2011 - 15:46
Specter: In a total annihilation game, if a country's capital is captured, can units still be built in the countries cities?
30.06.2011 - 17:02
No Diamond. In any type of game you are playing, including scenarios, if the capital is taken you can't build units in any other city of the same country. The only way you can do that is by retaking the capital.

By the way, this has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. if you have any other doubts you can create an own thread about it on Questions
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
09.07.2011 - 17:57
Sorry to disappoint this marine cap takeback thing, but I almost always guard my cities with city walls. If I have to, I will just use up the available troops on infantry and wait a few weeks for more bombers to come.
----
"There was Eru, the One, who in Arda is called Ilúvatar and he made first the Ainur, the Holy Ones, that were the offspring of his thought, and they were with him before aught else was made."

-The Silmarillion
21.07.2011 - 13:45
They should change bomber stats for rizzles though
----
SAY IT WITH YO CHEST
22.07.2011 - 05:48
They should ban you from the game for rizzles
----
Fruit is right

22.07.2011 - 08:51
I rather they not.
and you sould SAY IT WITH YO CHEST
----
SAY IT WITH YO CHEST
22.07.2011 - 10:03
What is rizzles in human english?
23.07.2011 - 16:52
Rizzles = real for cool people.
----
SAY IT WITH YO CHEST
25.07.2011 - 06:40
Bombarders is good because they have very huge range of battle and its anought strong
----
My real life name is Strahinja.
27.07.2011 - 18:14
Only way to beat a bomber stack is through eating his income, turnblocking like a mullah and building tank superstacks.

Oh, make him shit himself with some marine attacks on his important cities. Hopefully, he withdraws the bombers to wipe your marines, giving you a few turns to do stuff.
----
Dinner. The imprisonment of arachnids.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word