Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by EndsOfInvention, 16.04.2014 - 15:23
I've noticed recently that Detroit, Chicago and Toronto don't have port status in Atwar (on the default map). Can we make them ports, as they really are?

I know that they're on what are technically termed lakes, but Baku is on the Caspian sea, which is also a lake, and it's a port. Is there any particular reason for this or is it unintentional.
29.12.2019 - 17:07
Big bump
----
29.12.2019 - 21:31
Bumb. and make the canal useable
30.12.2019 - 17:03
To be fair, i actually don't see how this would help anything. Like; lets be real guys. It'd be much quicker to just go from point a to point b in a straight line, right?
----

30.12.2019 - 17:22
The canals would be hugely Beneficial.
30.12.2019 - 20:44
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
Written by Sultan of Swing, 30.12.2019 at 17:03

To be fair, i actually don't see how this would help anything. Like; lets be real guys. It'd be much quicker to just go from point a to point b in a straight line, right?

When you're using the range of the naval transport instead of the range of your unit, of course it helps. I honestly expected a rank 11 like you to already know something like that.
31.12.2019 - 10:30
 4nic
WHY IS THIS NOT DONE YET
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

01.01.2020 - 23:53
 Sid (Admin)
Dave spotted in the wild with transport made from Chicago
02.01.2020 - 03:16
 Dave (Admin)
I give you... Chicago and Toronto are now port cities.

even though there's no rivers to connect anything....
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

02.01.2020 - 09:39
Written by Dave, 02.01.2020 at 03:16

I give you... Chicago and Toronto are now port cities.

even though there's no rivers to connect anything....

I mean from the looks of it, it's almost like we could take another look at the North America portion of the map... maybe remake parts of it...
02.01.2020 - 14:21
 Dave (Admin)
Written by Garde, 02.01.2020 at 09:39

I mean from the looks of it, it's almost like we could take another look at the North America portion of the map... maybe remake parts of it...

Speaking of North America... Being an American, I've always wondered why so many major cities are missing from the U.S. on the World Map.

The Midwest has Wichita and Kansas City, but not Omaha?

Fargo, but not Rapid City?

Texas has Houston and Dallas, but no Austin? Also since Oklahoma seems to be lumped in with Texas, where's Oklahoma City?

Denver is the only important city in Colorado? No Colorado Springs, Pueblo, or even Grand Junction?

The Western U.S. in general is very sparse. Entire states not represented at all! How about Boise ID, Cheyenne WY, Reno NV, or Spokane WA?

And Alaska, the largest state (geographically) in the Union, only gets 1 city, and we ignore the capital Juneau?

I don't want to tear up tradition and change too much of the World Map y'all are used to... but I'm just saying it would be nice to have a proper U.S. map somewhere
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

02.01.2020 - 15:00
Written by Dave, 02.01.2020 at 14:21

Written by Garde, 02.01.2020 at 09:39

Speaking of North America... Being an American, I've always wondered why so many major cities are missing from the U.S. on the World Map.

The Midwest has Wichita and Kansas City, but not Omaha?

Fargo, but not Rapid City?

Texas has Houston and Dallas, but no Austin? Also since Oklahoma seems to be lumped in with Texas, where's Oklahoma City?

Denver is the only important city in Colorado? No Colorado Springs, Pueblo, or even Grand Junction?

The Western U.S. in general is very sparse. Entire states not represented at all! How about Boise ID, Cheyenne WY, Reno NV, or Spokane WA?

And Alaska, the largest state (geographically) in the Union, only gets 1 city, and we ignore the capital Juneau?

I don't want to tear up tradition and change too much of the World Map y'all are used to... but I'm just saying it would be nice to have a proper U.S. map somewhere

All these additions might make for better clan wars in North America and more diversity. It sounds fun finally being able to clan war in a legit 3v3 somewhere besides EU+. And North America has the best economy/landmass to do so if it were to be more divided into states. Especially since most states in the US have a higher GDP than most sovereign states in the world.

I vote for adding all 50 states
----
04.01.2020 - 11:38
 4nic
Finally, this was done.

Also Dave, i think ivan and amok got tired once they got to america and started slacking off, add more cities or make 50 seperate states would be cool.

How about while were making small tweaks to the map maybe minor additions to europe?

Kosovo could be a country, its recognized as one by the majority, plus itd be a good nerf to serbia, its op in 3k 5k;
Crimea could be a 1 reinf counry called Russia: Crimea, or part of Russia: South, as well it would be a useful nerf to ukraine

Maybe as an extra city option, add micronesia, it isnt represented at all, the pacific ocean is really empty currently.

----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

04.01.2020 - 12:50
Written by 4nic, 04.01.2020 at 11:38

Finally, this was done.

Also Dave, i think ivan and amok got tired once they got to america and started slacking off, add more cities or make 50 seperate states would be cool.

How about while were making small tweaks to the map maybe minor additions to europe?

Kosovo could be a country, its recognized as one by the majority, plus itd be a good nerf to serbia, its op in 3k 5k;
Crimea could be a 1 reinf counry called Russia: Crimea, or part of Russia: South, as well it would be a useful nerf to ukraine

Maybe as an extra city option, add micronesia, it isnt represented at all, the pacific ocean is really empty currently.

: )
05.01.2020 - 21:23
Written by Dave, 02.01.2020 at 14:21

Written by 4nic, 04.01.2020 at 11:38

YES we should do all of this and MORE.

4nic is right. Ivan and Amok got very lazy when they were doing the U.S. of A.. They gave up on it and deliberately made it weak and tiny. We should expand it, giving it dozens perhaps tens of dozens of more cities.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
07.01.2020 - 08:25
Re-do the whole USA map as you see fit Dave, imo. It's hardly played and could replace the now stale europe for 3v3s.
07.01.2020 - 10:07
 Zoe
Written by Wheelo, 07.01.2020 at 08:25

Re-do the whole USA map as you see fit Dave, imo. It's hardly played and could replace the now stale europe for 3v3s.

Thanks, Dave was dying for your permission.
----
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word