Get Premium to hide all ads
19.07.2011 - 08:56
for all my guides I'm assuming you have the basics in upgrades, such as transport capacity and maybe general attack +1 to infantry

Case 1: South Korea, 10K start

(this works much better in 100+ cities)

Turn 1

Make 1 transport in Busan, and 7 extra infantry. Move this to the west coast of Japan, unload and attack Tokyo. If there's no-one in Taiwan, make 8 destroyers in Seoul, and attack Shanghai. with the remaining 16 infantry + your general (8 from Seoul + 4 from Gwanju + 4 reinf. from Gwanju) attack North Korea.

Turn 2

You might start having cash problems. If you are relatively alone in East Asia, you should focus on getting all of Japan. If you aren't, and there's an enemy in, say, Thailand or Vietnam, you'll want to hit them hard and swift. Take any leftover destroyers from Shanghai (you need roughly half the amount of destroyers as the amount of militia (7-8 in Taipei, 4-6 in Kaoshiung) there are in the city you're trying to cap) and more to both Taiwanese cities . So about 6-8 destroyers to Taiwan.

With your infantry + general, get about 12-13 and start moving to Shenyang, capital of China: Northeast. If you don't have "faster infantry", just move towards it anyway. In Japan, make more infantry/destroyers (depending on income) and claim Osaka first, then the other cities as you see fit in later turns.

Turn 3

Keep on taking Japan, but only if you're comfortable with your southwards advance. Send 5-6 Destroyers to Guangzhou in China: South (depending on how many militia are there); send the rest to Hong Kong or Fuzhou (both have similar incomes, so just click on them to check). In the North, claim Shenyang, or, if you've done that already, claim the northern city first (Haerbin). It has more income.

Later turns

On week 5, you should have the southern city in China: Northeast. Make a boat from Seoul, pick up thos troops on the coast and go to Beijing. Keep taking Japanese cities (all coastal, can be done with destroyers if your money allows it, and don't forget Vladivostock.

In the south, on week 5, make 8 infantry in Guangzhou and 7 in Hongkong, and boat them to Hanoi, Vietnam. Send excess destroyers to take Danag and Ho-Chi-Minh City, as well as Bangkok on the turn after you cap Ho-Chi-Minh.
In Shanghai and Fuzhou, make troops and start moving inland, towards Chengdu and Lanzhou. Cap the capitals first, then the cities around them (you're not playing Guerilla Warfare!)

Additional notes:

With faster battleships upgrade (and maybe even without, I'm not sure), you can cap Tokyo with 8 battleships from Busan, allowing you to send land units by boat to Shanghai. this allows more flexibility in later turns (capping Beijing on turn 2, for example, if you feel like it)
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
19.07.2011 - 09:09
Case 2: Taiwan, 5K start

Turn 1

Assuming there are people with larger countries than you on the map, you'll have between 8-10 reinf in Taipei and 5-6 in Kaoshiung. Send all your starting infantry + general to Kaoshiung. Build a transport, and wait. In Taipei, build as many Destroyers as you can, and cap Shanghai. If you've got enough money left, build a few more infantry and go cap Guangzhou

Turn 2

Assuming someone has joined as North Korea, they will by now have South Korea, maybe China: Northeast. This isn't a problem. Take care of the south first: build as little units as possible, and cap Hong Kong (use the militia you get in Guangzhou plus any leftover infantry/destroyers. If you feel you might not get it, throw in a couple more infantry)

In Shanghai, build one transport and more destroyers. Move out of Shanghai with the militia, and go cap Seoul. Yes this means you wont get any reinforcements next turn, since he'll have made them before, but that doesn't matter. If he's left 0 units in Pyongyang and you're feeling lucky, before moving the boat of militia into Seoul, land it and send one militia unit to Pyongyang too.
If of course there's no-one in North Korea, do the same thing, but you can maybe try, if your funds allow it, to cap Busan on the same turn.

Turn 3

Assuming you got Seoul and he moved out to reclaim Busan, he'll be stuck in Busan. Turnblock him if you can; if not, move all your defence (even the militia from Pyongyang) into Seoul and hope for the best (if you have any more destroyers you can build in Shanghai, send them there too)

In the south, go cap Fuzhou and Hainan. Start moving back up north if you can.

Later turns are essentially the same as the early turns for case 1 above: cap China Northeast, China North and Japan as efficiently as you can, and take Vietnam too.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
19.07.2011 - 14:51
All this is very strategy dependant, costs differ between Naval Commander and other strategies. Going destroyers in 5k Taiwan can leave you bankrupt too early, I prefer getting a transport from each city and getting tanks, that would be with IF or GC, SM should work as well with bombers instead of destroyers.
Did you know SM destroyers get no negatives from the strategy? I tested it on Carib yersterday.
19.07.2011 - 15:40
HOLY SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT.

Now re-read the title of the thread.
----
19.07.2011 - 18:37
Uh,at case 1....are you sure 7 inf would take tokio with NC??i mean like,you have 7 inf,opponent has 8 or 9.your inf has 4 attack,while his inf have 6 defence.Trivia question:Who wins?!
19.07.2011 - 19:38
It's 15, not 7
----
19.07.2011 - 22:41
Vafika1
Account deleted
Shitty tactic. Can be easily killled. GG farming for REP.
20.07.2011 - 03:24
>mfw I've lost only once using this tactic out of over 9000 times I've used it.
----
20.07.2011 - 07:48
Vafika1
Account deleted
You said the same about using Paki or afg to ge India.

every time I played you would get raped. GG
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word