Get Premium to hide all ads
11.01.2015 - 15:34
Currently making a scenario heavily based on Crusader Kings 2.

General idea is that CK2 Duchies are Atwar provinces, while (1066) CK2 Empires are Atwar players. The only balance changes I'm planning on making currently are
- New Berber Empire split off from Arabian Empire
- Sicily and Venice to Italy
- Bohemia to Wendish Empire
- Croatia to Carpathia

Reinforcements and income also based off Ck2. Current progress:

Might look like early stages, but probably half the work was making the map.

Berber Empire brings me up to 19 players, was considering a Celtic Empire so that Brittania isn't overpowered.

Of course this all only makes sense if you own Crusader Kings 2. If you don't you can still comment on my ugly borders and lack of non capital cities (and this might help you http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Empires), but if you are a fan I think you could help me with the direction this is going in a lot
11.01.2015 - 21:41
You forgot to add the Aztecs
12.01.2015 - 01:48
Sunset Invasion DLC was truly the most ridiculous Paradox game addition I've seen... until then.
Yeah... Tunder might have a point there.
12.01.2015 - 02:16
TBH Sunset Invasion could actually add balance so Britannia and Hispania have something else than attacking France... Plus it would annoy people
14.01.2015 - 04:59
Written by Solair, 11.01.2015 at 15:34

Just a few questions, to satisfy my own curiosity:

1. Am I right in assuming that CKII County = AtWar City? If not, what CKII item are you using as your cities?
2. What CKII statistics did you use for reinforcements/income? Is it the number of baronies, number of levy/retinues, etc.
3. Do you intend to do anything with CKII Kingdoms?
14.01.2015 - 06:11
Rankist Sharck
Account deleted
Written by International, 14.01.2015 at 04:59

1. Am I right in assuming that CKII County = AtWar City? If not, what CKII item are you using as your cities?
2. What CKII statistics did you use for reinforcements/income? Is it the number of baronies, number of levy/retinues, etc.
No, a county is a ''country''
14.01.2015 - 07:28

1) As mentioned CK2 Duchies are countries. As for cities, I thought that counties for cities would create too many cities. As you can see there are very few non capital cities. In the end I decided that I would add a second city for the 4 county and a third city for the sizth county. Although I kind of regret not doing the same thing but with 3 and 5 counties, in fact I might change it to have more cities. Although there are already quite a lot of cities in a small area (in Brittania at least) so I might not.

2) Reinforcements are the total amount of baronies in the Duchy -1. If there is more there are two or three city, I do total baronies in that half or third of the duchy. Income is Demense Income of the Duchy/2. Kingdom capitals get +25% income and +1 reinforcements, same with Empire capitals (and they stack for both Kingdom and Empire capitals. However they are flexible so are not always following this. Eg I decided to boost Dublin from the four reinforcements it had from CK2 stats to six from a recommendation.

3) No, unless you have any good ideas, which I would be happy to add. Of course Kingdom capitals get a boost, but that's it.
14.01.2015 - 18:36
Written by Solair, 14.01.2015 at 07:28

Alright. Thank you for your time. I look forward to this.
15.01.2015 - 12:57
Rankist Sharck
Account deleted
Written by Solair, 14.01.2015 at 07:28

1) As mentioned CK2 Duchies are countries. As for cities, I thought that counties for cities would create too many cities. As you can see there are very few non capital cities. In the end I decided that I would add a second city for the 4 county and a third city for the sizth county. Although I kind of regret not doing the same thing but with 3 and 5 counties, in fact I might change it to have more cities. Although there are already quite a lot of cities in a small area (in Brittania at least) so I might not.

2) Reinforcements are the total amount of baronies in the Duchy -1. If there is more there are two or three city, I do total baronies in that half or third of the duchy. Income is Demense Income of the Duchy/2. Kingdom capitals get +25% income and +1 reinforcements, same with Empire capitals (and they stack for both Kingdom and Empire capitals. However they are flexible so are not always following this. Eg I decided to boost Dublin from the four reinforcements it had from CK2 stats to six from a recommendation.

3) No, unless you have any good ideas, which I would be happy to add. Of course Kingdom capitals get a boost, but that's it.
You're adding Aztecs, right? At least in a Sunset Invasion version of the map
15.01.2015 - 13:01
We'll have to see. After I finish off the other 19 Empires I'll probably put it to a vote on the forums for which new Empire would bring best balance (with Aztec as a choice ofc). Will probably give them awful reinforcements and income but massive event troops if I decide to add them.
16.01.2015 - 06:17
For a really... interesting... game, instead of having a Berber Empire, what you can do it just slightly weaken the Arabian Empire, and use the last two player spots for Aztec Invasion + Mongol Invasion.

It'll be cool. Or at least I think it'll be cool.
16.01.2015 - 08:01
I guess it would work if Aztecs had a lot of units near Morocco. Mongols would be difficult to balance, but a good idea. I'll definitely consider that option.
16.01.2015 - 08:56
 brianwl (Admin)
Can't wait to play it!
----

18.01.2015 - 14:14
Rankist Sharck
Account deleted
Written by Solair, 16.01.2015 at 08:01

I guess it would work if Aztecs had a lot of units near Morocco. Mongols would be difficult to balance, but a good idea. I'll definitely consider that option.
Normally they attack England, is that possible? To have them at England?
19.01.2015 - 04:29
Written by Guest, 18.01.2015 at 14:14

Written by Solair, 16.01.2015 at 08:01

Normally they attack England, is that possible? To have them at England?

I will try to give them 4 stacks, attacking Francia, Brittania, Hispania and Arabia. However those stacks won't be equal size. Aztecs probaly won't have any units to build from the start and will have to rely on first turn event troops and duchies taken from others.

I will also try to add a rule that nobody can ally them.

BTW, slow progress if you were wondering, Brittania finished and currently working on Francia.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word