Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by , 14.03.2015 - 19:00
Yearly reminder to implement rated team games because there is simply nothing more important.
5th reminder.

Tl;dr version:
  • 1. You can create 2vs2 and 3vs3 teams with which you compete against other teams. You can set those games up on your own or you get assigned an enemy team close to your own team's skill level.
  • 2. The team's strength is rated using the Elo rating system.
  • 3. Every player has a personal 2vs2 and 3vs3 rating independent of the teams he currently plays in.

For everyone who doesn't know my post from 2011, I will elaborate once more what I think we need for this game to enter the next level:

Elo:
Every big game nowadays has ranking systems for their competitive game modes, most use the Elo rating system, which was also recently introduced for clan wars in atWar. The Elo rating system calculates the relative skill levels of players, in a way that rewards actual skill rather than simply beating thousands of noobs. I will give a short overview: Imagine two values, one is your Elo-number, while the other is the abstract notion of your 'real skill level'. When you start playing your Elo-number is the standardized 'average'. If you beat a player, you gain a certain amount of points, and your opponent loses the equal amount. This means the 'average' will always stay the same, which in turn means that relative player strength can always be measured by comparing it against the mean. If you imagine a static real skill level in form of a numerical value, then the more opponents you play the more your Elo-number will approach this value. Farming in this system is only possible by win trading. What people call 'farming Elo' at the moment is simply playing low ranked players who have less experience. In reality both Elo-numbers approach the 'real value' though. If you take skilled players like Chess or Laochra for example, imagine their real skill level at 2000 rather than 1497 and 1565. The current #1 bluecher2 would never reach this number in reality, but rather stagnate at some number like 1750.
Now that i have made my case for Elo, if you still want you can get more detailed information on the ranking system, on the according page on Wikipedia.

for rated 2vs2 and 3vs3 team games:
You and your friend(s) want to compete against other players as a team. Instead of playing coalition wars you would rather like to always play with the same one or two persons though. So you found a team, invite your friends, give it a name, and are ready to compete. You can either advertise on global as is already possible for non-rated games or click some button for automatically getting assigned an enemy team. Then you play and your team-rating gets changed accordingly. Great.
What is also important is your 'personal 2vs2' and 'personal 3vs3' rating, which represents your team skills as a player. It too is a function of the team-games you played and calculated independently of the team rating of the teams you're in. It also changes when you play 'random' 2vs2 or 3vs3 games in competitive mode with people who are not in your regular teams.
I can get all the information on how to calculate those numbers, but since it's not too hard I think Ivan & Amok could also do it on their own.

There are some details that are important but left out here for simplicity (like you need to wait some days after leaving a team to join a new one), which I will be adding as time goes by.

Upvote and comment.
27.07.2019 - 11:47
Zzz
----
27.07.2019 - 18:29
Implement this. Another 4 years gone by.
28.07.2019 - 05:46
+1
----
"War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."
― Carl von Clausewitz
04.08.2019 - 06:53
Bump
09.08.2019 - 15:14
Daev pls respond
10.08.2019 - 07:11
BUMP BUMP BUMP
----

13.08.2019 - 19:14
I think the rating should be an individual thing, even though it should be separate from your 1v1 elo. I'm thinking something similar to the different rankings in LoL for solo vs 5v5 vs 3v3, where your elo is not tied to other people in the game but is an individual thing
----

Moldova is Romania

22.08.2019 - 03:39
Bump
----

22.08.2019 - 06:19
I wont stop Bumping until this feature will be added! Admins please respond
----

28.08.2019 - 03:58
Bump
----
15.09.2019 - 07:48
Just saying there's no point bumping a topic repeatedly if it's already at the top of the forum list
08.11.2019 - 09:05
BUMPo
----

24.03.2020 - 21:07
May I bring this topic to the attention of new players. We should push Dave for this. He could be the chosen admin to finally implement rated team games.
25.03.2020 - 03:48
This will definitely be looked into, support!
----

Best mod ever <3

Best admin ever <3

" I declare the creation of the United States of Atwar. "
- Dave Washington, 6/7/2020
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word