Get Premium to hide all ads
11.09.2011 - 16:42
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before (probably has) but how about seasons? Like, the first 10 weeks will be Spring, next 10 summer, next 10 autumn, next 10 winter and so on. They would differ by a few factor's- for one, the current game map can be "summer" as a sort of thing to base this off of. When it is "autumn" the land start's to turn more brown and so on, ice comes down farther, water start's to freeze etc. "Winter" would be when the ice is farthest down and when the most water is frozen etc you get it. "ice" would slow movement, and to go over frozen water you would need a unit that someone mentioned before, I think it was called an "ice breaker", it would carve out a channel through frozen water for you to travel and so on. What do you think?
08.10.2011 - 13:41
Barring the fact this would probably be near-impossible to implement, it unnecessarily complicates a complex game.
----
Dinner. The imprisonment of arachnids.
08.10.2011 - 16:21
 YOBA
Written by ncmbad, 08.10.2011 at 13:41

Barring the fact this would probably be near-impossible to implement, it unnecessarily complicates a complex game.

Don't know if it's difficult to implement, but I honestly think the game could be a hell of a lot more complex. Might just be because I'm a pseudo-autist (I play grand strategy games) but the game is lacking a bit at the moment as only two or three strategies are used, for instance while there are... quite a few more available.

What Gardevoir mentioned would indeed by extremely difficult to implement but I want to make an alternative proposal? For example, income declines in colder countries like Russia and southern China (helps balance things out a bit). Movement for transports and destroyers may be slowed somewhat. And so on and so forth.

Season changes shouldn't happen every 10 weeks, it would take too long to go through each season that way. There is, however, the argument that you don't want to fight in winter and wouldn't want to prolong a game too much, which could be a good thing. Makes you need to plan your moves in advance.
What do you think?
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
08.10.2011 - 16:48
I agree in so far with .ncm that I don't think that an implementation seems necessary in the near future. In my view there are other things to do and more thriving ideas to be implemented, which have already been mentioned in other threads.

However, as YOBA has already stated: It would grant the game another strategic feature and people would have to plan their moves in advance. Some people might like it, others don't, so I would suggest the option to turn it "on/off", if this becomes ever implemented.

My critic:
In the Northern hemisphere is winter, whilst in the Southern hemisphere is summer.
North: Spring ----South: Autumn
So in order to make it realistic there would be the need to implement these different "zones" of seasons as well, because it would feel somehow weird to have summer in Cape town and London at the same time.
This, however, would requite even more programming efforts: And although this might be an interesting feature: Is it really worth it?
----

[img]http://atwar-game.com/user/18214/signature.png[/img]

Written by Grimm, 13.03.2014 at 18:28

So yeah, let's fight the anti-Viking lobby together!
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word