Get Premium to hide all ads
24.01.2011 - 21:11
 Phen
I've enjoyed this game so far, and I thought I could contribute to this game with some ideas (explosives):

Mines: (stealth) when an enemy troops lands on it it will explode. This mines could have a low range.

Bombs: they could have a timer so they explode 1 to 5 turns after they're set and only the player that set the bombs could know in how many turns it will explode.

Claymores: these ones could have a range, like a line, and if it is crossed, explodes.

Bomb Defuser: (stealth) that can disarm the claymores, mines and bombs without exploding or being detected by the enemy.

Missiles: (stealth, but visible with Sentry Planes) this ones could have a large range that can be decided in one turn, but it takes more than one turn for the missile to reach its destination. For example: you launch a missile from New York to Lisbon and the missile will reach that city in 3 turns, and every turn, the missile will advance the range of a normal Infantry

Of course this are basic ideas that could be improved. I hope they can be useful
25.01.2011 - 02:09
I think only mines and missiles would be appropriate for this scale. Maybe also a defuser if there are mines. With a high cost and slow movement range and no combat skills but just one defuser in a stack can stop a minefield effecting that stack?
25.01.2011 - 04:37
How about a minefield unit, you can build it like any other unit and move it around with the speed of militia. Like marines it doesnt show on the map without special detection. Once you deploy the minefield unit it cannot move anymore and just stays there until it is triggered by a land unit moving over them. I think the mines shouldnt require any upkeep however they do require an unlock and a high purchase cost. It would be a great defense versus marine rushes to your capital.
25.01.2011 - 05:04
That gives me a few ideas Mr Rage. Perhaps have minefield units a counter to land based stacks and have missiles a counter plane stacks and navy stacks? that would seem like a good idea to me.
In my mind it's something like +30 attack/defence or whatever with a bigger chance of killing more units the larger the attacked stack, but have a hard limit of 1-3 for each unit that you can have at any one time. Also missiles could take a few turns to build or with minefields a few turns to 'deploy'. Missiles should also have a large movement range because I'm not sure they should be able to stop at the end of a turn and move again, staying in the air for weeks would be strange. Although maybe what I have in mind is more of a tactical nuke rather than a reguallar missile.
Perhaps if a unit 'spots' the stealthed minefield this would set off the minefield (except for planes naturally) as the spot range for units for stealth is tiny already. Also gives us another use for those expensive sentry planes.

As you might be able to tell I hate huge stacks of doom. haha
25.01.2011 - 11:33
Oh that minefieldunit is nice, especially for holding narrow landbridges in worldgames
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word