Get Premium to hide all ads
02.10.2011 - 15:12
Imagine the chaos that chess would be if movements belonged to the player who moved the pieces faster.

some players consider turnblock as skill, I do not

if you want to see who is faster, do not play strategy games, play this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sleep/sheep/reaction_version5.swf

xD

so my suggestion is:

For example, a city with 20 infantry, being attacked by 5 bombers and airtransport with 1 mliítia.

You want to move your units, but as the enemy will lose the battle, you can move at a shorter distance

that's all
----
>.>
02.10.2011 - 15:58
It's not about doing it FASTER. It's about the order you make the move in. First move vs second move vs third move. If you make only one move with 1 second left in the turn, it's still your first move.

Move your main army first or it will get turn blocked all the time, as turn blockers tend to attack your main stack with their first move.
02.10.2011 - 16:08
Written by BILLCLINTONMASK, 02.10.2011 at 15:58

It's not about doing it FASTER. It's about the order you make the move in. First move vs second move vs third move. If you make only one move with 1 second left in the turn, it's still your first move.

Move your main army first or it will get turn blocked all the time, as turn blockers tend to attack your main stack with their first move.

explained

anyway if a movement is important it is obvious that the two players will do in the first move then it will be a 50% chance for each
but today I was locked two times in a row

probability is not a good idea, imagine a game of chess with players throwing a coin to see who will make the move...
----
>.>
07.10.2011 - 07:03
It could simply be changed so that the units duke it out and the remains of the defending unit then makes it's move. Although, I myself don't really mind turnblocking.
26.10.2011 - 09:46
Many topics about turnblocking being closed lol
it is not pleasing to players

so I will post my new suggestion here...

-------------------------------------------------- -
Ivan said:

I just want to mention turnblocking That is unavoidable in a turn-based game with simultaneous moves and the grid.
-------------------------------------------------- -

okay, there are other ways to prevent, for example, increasing the price of the bombers to 300
----
>.>
26.10.2011 - 11:04
Tryskill
Account deleted
I love how people keep complaining about turnblocking, after 8 threads dealing with the same topic, it's just awesome how this noobs are too lazy to read them and learn from it.
Ways to avoid getting blocked are described in THIS thread: http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1535&topicsearch=&page=1 .

If you're not able to avoid turnblocks it's YOUR fault and not the games'. A rank >6 should easily be able to avoid turnblocks and if not so: still noob. That is just the truth, sorry.

A few tips for people who have high ranks but are still unable to play well:
- AVOID stacking units in big stacks
- if you're forced to attack with a big stack, use THREE of the attacking units to form a wall
- to protect transports/air-transports SPREAD bombers/destroyers around your stack
- THINK about YOUR ORDER OF ACTIONS; really GOOD players (like not the ones who keep complaining because they're just bad) are able to block the opponent while they wont get blocked more than once theirself (Cow was even able to block multiple spots in one turn when he was playing)
- if ONE of your stacks is blocked a few times in a row (because you are a noob and stacked your units as if there were no tomorrow) use units from another city to create walls -> you can even build two 3-unit-walls from different spots

If you're still not able to move more than 2 stacks in a turn with this tips then sorry, you don't deserve your rank 6-10.

If you're not able to avoid turnblocks with this tips then you're still a bad player. Deal with it.
26.10.2011 - 11:06
Written by reckoner., 26.10.2011 at 09:46

okay, there are other ways to prevent, for example, increasing the price of the bombers to 300

That doesn't make any sense. The far reaching implications of such a change would annoy people far more than turn blocking. Turnblocking cannot be helped.
26.10.2011 - 11:11
Tryskill
Account deleted
Sry but you guys are just annoying. For everyone who is really interested in becoming better read my above post. And the others: Keep whining, it will change nothing but you just show everyone how bad you are and that you don't deserve your rank. End of story.
26.10.2011 - 11:34
@tik-tok:

will be more costly to the blocker (but said that considering games with europe 5k)

but you are right is useless in world games

should recognize when a troop is insignificant and ignore the attack

@ tryskill:

why hatred?
Rly need act anonymously with an account that has done today?
----
>.>
26.10.2011 - 12:08
I have to add, I used to hate turn blocking, until I embraced it. There really are 2 levels of playing in this game, before you fully understand turn blocking, and after you master turn blocking. A player who fully understands turn blocking will decimate any player, even multiple players, that do not understand turn blocking, it's a pretty unfair match-up. A pure example of this was me late joining as croatia with 30 militia and destroying a large Germany, Turkey alliance of 2 players, rank 5 or 6, taking my cap meant nothing as they only would get 2 militia from it, while i took Austria, Serbia, Hungary etc, using defense lines and TB, and the mighty GW, i was easily able to decimate them, turn after turn. Without Turnblocking I would not have been able to do this as it would be a pure numbers game. When you can lock up 20 enemy units for 2 turns, using only 4 of your own , TB + build a wall around them, it's power really shows.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word