Get Premium to hide all ads
07.07.2015 - 21:18
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom.
It is only the enlightened ruler and the wise general who will use the highest intelligence of the army for the purposes of spying, and thereby they achieve great results.
Hence that general is skilful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.
A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective.
If our soldiers are not overburdened with money, it is not because they have a distaste for riches; if their lives are not unduly long, it is not because they are disinclined to longevity.
When envoys are sent with compliments in their mouths, it is a sign that the enemy wishes for a truce.
Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

----
12.07.2015 - 20:13
Ok so how does this help me in atwar
----
your mother's vanquisher
13.07.2015 - 05:55
Written by Doctor Doom, 12.07.2015 at 20:13

''The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom.''

Teaches you to play for the team/clan, and do go for fame (often a double cap or rush) if it hurts your team's position.

''A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective.''

This is pretty good advice and is pretty straight-forward too.

''All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him.''

Leaving something open, a cap, perhaps.

''Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.''

Mega slowrolling is not good when your team is losing, and rushing sucks.

AW needs more depth, read between the lines!
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

14.07.2015 - 17:48
Written by Doctor Doom, 12.07.2015 at 20:13

Read between the lines. Its advice on how to effectively play.
09.01.2016 - 14:53
Written by The Tactician, 13.07.2015 at 05:55

AW needs more depth, read between the lines!

Agreed, enhanced complexities in the mechanics for advanced players with more official tourneys would help, in my opinion.
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
26.02.2016 - 20:15
Diedra, very good list. Now all I have to do is put it into practice. That though is easier said then done.
----
"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC
01.03.2016 - 15:55
If Sun Tzu played atWar he would play Mos.
----
The enemy is in front of us, the enemy is behind us, the enemy is to the right and left of us. They cant get away this time! - General Douglas Mcarthur

16.03.2016 - 07:44
Written by Checkmate., 01.03.2016 at 15:55

Ehemmm... My favourite strats are DS and GW. Most effective, IMP low fund games, RA high fund games. In world 25/50k MoS is fun.
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
16.03.2016 - 08:26
Lol......you should win every game if you are sun tzu.
----
The enemy is in front of us, the enemy is behind us, the enemy is to the right and left of us. They cant get away this time! - General Douglas Mcarthur

24.11.2016 - 11:11
Written by Sun Tsu, 16.03.2016 at 07:44

Written by Checkmate., 01.03.2016 at 15:55

Ehemmm... My favourite strats are DS and GW. Most effective, IMP low fund games, RA high fund games. In world 25/50k MoS is fun.

I am never trusting you when I play in a game with you.
----

24.11.2016 - 19:45
Written by Diedra, 07.07.2015 at 21:18

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Chess needs to see this, it means you should never play none strat!
----
16.12.2016 - 19:45
I'll add on to the list:

1) "To besiege an enemy citadel is the worst expedient."
2) "Do not fight if you are not certain of victory."
3) "A determined stand by few will only lead to capture."
28.01.2017 - 04:52
Just allyfag, not rocket science
----
It's scary how many possible genocidal war lords play this game, and i could be one of them
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word