Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Cthulhu, 09.07.2015 - 22:23
Inspired by all the revolutions and rebellions that occur within the nations: The French revolution, American Revolution, the Russian revolution, The american civil war. They were primary regular citizen with little training. Hence the militia boost. They were also pretty good at maneuvering in their own homeland, hence to boost to sea transport and movement

Primary Boost:
Militia +1 attack, +4 Mov +10 Cost (I think it will be more competitive in the competitive scene if we remove the +10 Cost)
Sea Transport +1mov -100 Cost
+1 attack on INF (Laochra made a good point, and having this would make the strategy very strong on inception)

Nerfs:
+50 Cost to all Air
+20 Cost to tanks
-1 attack to Inf

16.07.2015 - 02:44
Soldier001
Account deleted
Verry good strat, much classy we need this !
16.07.2015 - 02:57
16.07.2015 - 04:36
Written by Cthulhu, 12.07.2015 at 11:47

Written by The Tactician, 12.07.2015 at 05:43

How about a heli boost? Make it the in-between of gw and ds. Thinking of it, rebels wouldn't use expensive jets (AT's) or military bombers for air assault/transportation. The best they can use is helicopters. How about a -100 cost, +1 attack to helis?

I really like this idea, if more people support it, i will add it

5 upvotes, how about you propose this idea now
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

17.07.2015 - 10:21
Written by Cthulhu, 16.07.2015 at 01:53

Some suggestions for other name I recieved: Rebel Uprising or coup d'é·tat

Coup d'état means another another force inside the government removes the ruling regime. From wikipedia: [Coup d'état] is the sudden and forced seizure of a state, usually instigated by a small group of the existing government establishment to depose the established regime and replace it with a new ruling body.

So, coup != popular uprising
----
Written by Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
18.07.2015 - 04:45
Written by The Tactician, 16.07.2015 at 04:36

Written by Cthulhu, 12.07.2015 at 11:47

How about a heli boost? Make it the in-between of gw and ds. Thinking of it, rebels wouldn't use expensive jets (AT's) or military bombers for air assault/transportation. The best they can use is helicopters. How about a -100 cost, +1 attack to helis?

I really like this idea, if more people support it, i will add it

5 upvotes, how about you propose this idea now

And Helis can carry 1 or 2 mili pls

also... Coup d'tat is a wicked name!
----
19.07.2015 - 04:13
Considering how you will be using this to invade others(not yourself) maybe we should call it Manifest Destiny.
26.08.2015 - 16:25
I like the concept, its too weak though in its current form. needs an offensive boost, unless you leave infantry attack intact(which i think you should). and +1 def to militia maybe. I feel like aw needs a new offensive default unit, even some of the rares like artillary or something becoming permanant. we have tank marine and heli strats. But anyway yea, something like this should be added.
----
26.08.2015 - 17:03
Written by Permamuted, 26.08.2015 at 16:25

I like the concept, its too weak though in its current form. needs an offensive boost, unless you leave infantry attack intact(which i think you should). and +1 def to militia maybe. I feel like aw needs a new offensive default unit, even some of the rares like artillary or something becoming permanant. we have tank marine and heli strats. But anyway yea, something like this should be added.

I really like the idea of having the infantry in tact, but I am worried it will be to overpowered. We could start with infantry in tact
27.08.2015 - 03:48

bump for offensive boost
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

27.08.2015 - 15:05
I still think the theme of the strategy is too close to Guerrilla Warfare. On top of that, Rebels don't go around conquering stuff, they overthrow their own government and try to make it better for their countrymen. However, this does look a lot like how the Soviet Union approached wars - throw enough conscripted troops into it until you win sort of thing. Burn your shit up if the enemy is winning.

Merging with the soviet theme, we could add a unique, scorched earth like, twist: Whenever an enemy captures a city from a player using this strategy, that enemy has only 25% reinforcement available in the first turn after the capture, 50% in the second turn, 75% in the third and 100% in the fourth. This way, the enemy would lose units trying to capture it, only to not be able to get enough reinforcements to maintain it.
----
Written by Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
01.09.2015 - 08:59
Stryko
Account deleted
Bump, cthulhu do not give up
03.09.2015 - 06:57
I really feel this strat needs an offensive unit, right now it would be decent on say africa, maybe not bad as turk. But it would be useless on a world setting or anywhere else. It wouldnt be competitive. We have enough tank strats. Marines would make it too much like gw. That leaves bombers and helis. We could go down the route of +1 attack + 1 def to militia and +1 attack to infantry with infantry becoming the strats primary offensive unit.

Theres also the possibility of helicopters like tact suggested. I dont think they should become as powerful as ds, but maybe 7 attack 140 cost. im a little wary of cheaper because you could snowball some serious offensive power with this strat. 4 attack miltiia with inf and helis. What do people think?
----
03.09.2015 - 07:07
Written by Permamuted, 03.09.2015 at 06:57

I really feel this strat needs an offensive unit, right now it would be decent on say africa, maybe not bad as turk. But it would be useless on a world setting or anywhere else. It wouldnt be competitive. We have enough tank strats. Marines would make it too much like gw. That leaves bombers and helis. We could go down the route of +1 attack + 1 def to militia and +1 attack to infantry with infantry becoming the strats primary offensive unit.

Theres also the possibility of helicopters like tact suggested. I dont think they should become as powerful as ds, but maybe 7 attack 140 cost. im a little wary of cheaper because you could snowball some serious offensive power with this strat. 4 attack miltiia with inf and helis. What do people think?

STOP REPEATING YOURSELF!
error 404. message could not found.
----

Written by Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
12.12.2015 - 23:50
Bump please implement.
13.12.2015 - 13:21
Isnt 5 att inf 4 att mil with 6 range and120 cost trans ridiculously overpowered? Seriously it would be the ultimate europe strat. Who would use imperialist pd or nc after this
----
Another 6 a.m. start to the day just like all the rest
13.12.2015 - 14:54
How will you implement a plus one on infantry?
----
Hi
13.12.2015 - 15:19
This doesn't seem to have any real nerfs. At least make inf cost more.
13.12.2015 - 17:11
Anti-Maidan
Account deleted
The strategy all the rebels you mentioned used was called guerrilla warfare. Do I have Alzheimer's, or have I heard that somewhere else before?
13.12.2015 - 22:54
Written by Guest, 13.12.2015 at 17:11

The strategy all the rebels you mentioned used was called guerrilla warfare. Do I have Alzheimer's, or have I heard that somewhere else before?

In Guerilla Warfare, militia don't have much of a buff. I think changes to GW might be necessary if they're going to add this strategy in. This strategy will replace GW in those militia deathstacks. But other than that, rebels (especially in modern times) are often guerrillas, and therefore yeah, this idea sounds like what GW represents (and as others have pointed out). Be glad to know that you do not have Alzheimer's my man!
--
On another note, I don't think they should have cheaper, higher capacity transports because these are supposed to be, as Pulse pointed out, rebels, not world conquerors.
Something also tells me this strategy might not be balanced enough,but I'll need to chew on that thought longer.
14.12.2015 - 17:04
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Good concept but seems kind of OP
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
14.12.2015 - 17:52
Written by Acquiesce, 14.12.2015 at 17:04

Good concept but seems kind of OP

don't nerf it like hw. and it doesn't seem op
14.12.2015 - 23:30
I think

+1 attack for inf (-10 cost) +1 range
+1 attack and defense for militia +2 range

Nerf every other unit

There should be a strategy where inf are the primary offensive unit

Edit: and having stronger militia means when they spawn you'll have an OP advantage mid game... similar to GW and DS
----
15.12.2015 - 15:13
The air nerf cost should be good at limiting land expansion. In addition, the fact that militia have weak defense should counter act it as it being the primary unit of the strat. To sum up, I believe we should test drive this strat as listed above, and correct aftwards. We don't want to make another strat that to boring/bad to play
15.12.2015 - 17:03
Too much talk more action plz....this isnt rocket science its simple math.....more upgrades more strats more everything
----
Humans are only a suicidal sub species of Chimps running a muck on this planet.
15.12.2015 - 17:32
Written by Cthulhu, 15.12.2015 at 15:13

The air nerf cost should be good at limiting land expansion. In addition, the fact that militia have weak defense should counter act it as it being the primary unit of the strat. To sum up, I believe we should test drive this strat as listed above, and correct aftwards. We don't want to make another strat that to boring/bad to play

the cost nerfs nothing, bombers are expensive as they are and arent used much, in favour of efficiently using land range. ATs nerf is irrelevant considering the percent change in cost. The mil dont have weak defence they have pretty decent defence considering they cost 30 and are gotten free from captured cities. Not being a single unit strat doesnt make a strat not op.
17.12.2015 - 12:26
This is a mix between PD and GW.
Except this is more over powered.
If you compare this strategies militia to PD/GW, the only difference is you're adding range. but only have +1 attack instead of +2 like GW.

If you compare the price of Sea/air trans. This is way more worth it, so we would completely throw out GW to begin with because this by far beats it.

You're trying to add range+attack+cost reduction.

This is Blitz + GW + IMP + PD

This strategy would be way too over powered. You would need to nerf Infantry tanks and bombers drastically because you are making Militia your main attack.

This is even more OP because you would be able to spam Militia for the cost of 30 with the SAME range as a PD infantry and the SAME cost of PD militia, do the math. It wouldn't work.

It would make 3v3's way different. Turkey in a 3v3 would be the automatic winner, you have 70+ militia + 30 infantry by turn 3, all you would have to do is rush. This is basically 100 PD infantry. Which is way too overpowered. And plus you will nerf the sea trans and even give it a range boost. NO way this would work.
----
17.12.2015 - 13:11
Written by PleaseMe, 17.12.2015 at 12:26

but only have +1 attack instead of +2 like GW.

Looks like you need this.

http://atwar-game.com/home/units.php
17.12.2015 - 13:34
Written by clovis1122, 17.12.2015 at 13:11

Written by PleaseMe, 17.12.2015 at 12:26

but only have +1 attack instead of +2 like GW.

Looks like you need this.

http://atwar-game.com/home/units.php

oops. in my mind I saw it as +2 attack, but in reality i was looking at the -2 attack for infantry. good catch.
----
20.02.2016 - 19:27
What do you guys think of the name Revolution? (Think napoleon's france)
20.02.2016 - 19:50
Written by Cthulhu, 20.02.2016 at 19:27

What do you guys think of the name Revolution? (Think napoleon's france)
Not bad, though generic.
I suggest Vicious Rebellion or Civics Rebellion.
What you think ?
----
You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.
Miyamoto Musashi
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word