Get Premium to hide all ads
26.01.2011 - 18:28
It really feels like the 'Goto' strategys right now are either the offensive or defensive boosting strats. Do they need nerfed? Not at all in my opinion. However I feel like the other strats could do with some buffs.

The naval strat for example, is in my opinion too weak and too niche to be used in alot of games. It only sees use in massive world games, and even so it isnt a wise choice due to the amount of funds and time needed to build up a strong fleet, in comparission to how usefull ships really are, especially battleships, when attacking large land masses like south africa\europe.

So heres my idea, you rename these to 'Economic Strategy'
I.e gearing up a empires ecomoney toward one thing.

I think this would work perfectly with the theme of the game.

- Total Offense (Unchanged from off. strat)
Gear the ecomony towards researching stronger ammonution types for all your units at the cost of weaker armour. (Buffs and debuffs follow here)
- Perfect Defense (Unchanged) (Same as above but vice versa)

-Impearalist (SP?)
Gears the ecomony toward a more ecomonic approach. All units are made using cheaper materials. As a result however they are weaker in both offense and defence. (Feels like this could do with a buff. 25% off every kind of unit perhaps? A tank would cost 150 for example.)

- G. Warfare
Viva revolution! Gears the ecomoney toward miltia and stealth training and recruitment camps. Buffs these units at the cost of everything being weaker. (Unchanged, this works just as intended right now)

- Naval strat
Blow them out the water! Gears the ecomony toward building better docks and ships. All other units cost slighty more as a result. (Needs buffed, How about making it so naval units attacking cities get a +2 attack bonus and maybe even giving battleships the abilty to attack cities inland with in a medium ranged radius similar to a inftrays movement range. Think the cannon galeons from Age of the empires 2. Of course this would only be a abilty with this strat. )

Im unfamiliar with the other strategies annoyingly ): Havent unlocked them yet.
Do they need buffed\nerfed however?

Thoughts too?
27.01.2011 - 10:11
I like this. But I have to say I've used the naval one a few times and its pretty bad except for the situation you've described and even then, god forbid you're trying to attack someone in russia with the tank commander strat. What might make it better for the naval one is perhaps introducing an aircraft carrier unit that can make bombers/stealth bombers for a cheaper price then city made ones and gets maybe say 5 reinforcements per month and goes down depending on the number of them you have. That way you could sail a fleet into a harbor and bomb the crap out of the nearby towns while your land units walk in to cap them. Also, and I just thought of this, maybe make the aircraft carrier only available if you're using naval commander.

Other then that I like the others as they are.

Actually, the stealth strat, I haven't bought it yet because it looks fairly weak: For anyone who doesn't know yet, its advanced submarines and marines at the cost of slower tanks and battleships. Now I haven't tried this one yet, but it seems to me the kind of buffs needed to make those two units as strong as their counterparts seems a little difficult, will test out later today though.

Also now that I think on it. Maybe give battleships the ability to bomb inland cities that are X distance away, like in real life. Might make them a bit more viable.
27.01.2011 - 14:39
 Fewt
For the naval strat I find something like a aircraft carrier an brilliant idea. I agree that the naval strat needs some kind of buff to match up with its incompatibilty on land.
27.01.2011 - 16:24
Written by Fewt, 27.01.2011 at 14:39

For the naval strat I find something like a aircraft carrier an brilliant idea. I agree that the naval strat needs some kind of buff to match up with its incompatibilty on land.

How exactly would an aircraft carrier work given that you can fly stacks of planes across the world in game as opposed to real life? Maybe have it produce a small amount of aircraft on reinforcement turns so it can act as a mobile base and give it a bonus against attacking enemy aircraft to represent its native planes fighting the enemy off? I'm not sure how an aircraft carrier can be made into an unique unit in this game.
27.01.2011 - 17:09
Written by Yaddo, 27.01.2011 at 16:24

Written by Fewt, 27.01.2011 at 14:39

How exactly would an aircraft carrier work given that you can fly stacks of planes across the world in game as opposed to real life? Maybe have it produce a small amount of aircraft on reinforcement turns so it can act as a mobile base and give it a bonus against attacking enemy aircraft to represent its native planes fighting the enemy off? I'm not sure how an aircraft carrier can be made into an unique unit in this game.

Did you read my post? Cause thats what he was refering to.
27.01.2011 - 18:02
(>_<;) I did miss that. I was scrolling past the OP and assumed yours was a continuation of his, sorry.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word