Get Premium to hide all ads
24.07.2015 - 06:19
These are some suggestions that have been suggested before that would be great to see directly implemented in HTML5.

General Suggestions

''Reset Moves'' button: this would help so much rather than refreshing because it would save time especially for people with bad connections.

Chat in ally chat before the game starts: This would make it easier to plan team games beforehand especially if the players aren't in the same clan.

More winning conditions: It would be nice to add some spice (yes, it rhythms) and diversity to the game. Someone suggested kill the general before. I think a first to reach x units would be interesting, or maybe capture x enemy cities.

Better tutorial: Give new players more in depth understanding of walls, strategies, and the TB system. Perhaps auto direct them to the FAQ pages.

Watching the battle report mid turn: This would be a huge help for those who skip/want to know opponents strategy.

Training clan connections/Alliances: Most training clans have failed because of that split, I think a common forum/chat would make the process a whole lot easier. Or a common alliance where several clans get together in a common alliance chat/forum and CWs against each other don't count. Same concept.

New member ranks in clans: More options than officer and leader. Maybe make leaders set certain permissions to members of the clan (promotion/demotion, forum editing/deleting, starting wars).

Different colors for PM'ing different people: This would make chatting easier, SS cooler, less probability of WC, and wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Rated Team Games: This would add an incentive to play public team games, and would take competitiveness even further.

CWs start with 2 players: 2v2 CW'ing is a thing ya know.

Auto picking colors: This would be nice to know once you join your favorite color is picked, and as an addition:

Written by Phoenix, 26.07.2015 at 08:31

Since we're talking about making this premium..Instead of just colors.. skins would be pretty sweet, like patterns or something that only you can have. Would make it a bit more personal than just yellow, or red or w/e color you use.

Several founders of the clan not just the creator: Sometimes several players come together to make a clan!

Sending protocoins: With a way to prevent farming, of course.

Strategy nerf/boost forum: A lot of people have great (or not so) ideas for strategies but there is no dedicated place to discuss it!

Written by notserral, 03.08.2015 at 13:58

Simple option: you join you get a random country from a predetermined list (so you wouldn't get Fiji)

Casual Turn 0 for only picking countries: This would make creating and joining casual games so more convenient.

Elo limits in duels: For players to not fight for 0.1 elo (1200+). I also think there should be a negative 100 limit to avoid elosim. We already have enough rankism to deal with.

Separate radio/atn forum: they are two different entities deserving two different forums.

Sea stations that can only make naval units: Would make navy more important and add more depth to gameplay.

Total fog of war: A new game option that would add more realism to the game.

Game option to remove critical hits: This would lessen the luck factor in gameplay and would make it more challenging and lessen OP rolls.

Make an option to select units by 5: We are used to it and in several situations its much more convenient.

Sort playerlist by upvotes: Would be cool to see who has most upvotes.

More options to poll/several polls in one thread: This would be a very nice feature to add in forum and would make for more in-depth threads.

Auto global when CW starts: This would be great if you want to watch CWs and don't know its being played. This also makes the game more attractive to new players.

Showing who hosts a new game: Would be good to know who's hosting and if you're banlisted in their game.

More PC drops: If this is added to competitive games such as 5k FFAs and 3v3s it would encourage competitive gameplay as well as making it more fun.

Group private chat: This would a great feature for bringing people with common interests together (without having to leave their clans, SM4lyfe) and would make the game more attractive to log on to again.

Dynamic time (eg: t1 3 min, t2 3 min, t3 3 min, t4 3 min, t5 5 min, t6 4 min): This would be great for late games and reinforcement weeks. No voting needed and very efficient.

Make HW cheaper: Its soooooo over-valued with SP and has some potential as a 3-20k sp strat. This will make the process of finding good combos for it faster because more people will be trying it.

More default map options: Far east Asia, Caribbean, Mid-South Africa, etc. This would make gameplay a little more interesting with more options to be played.

Remove message command: Would be nice to have this (restricted) feature to remove your own message in the case of wrong chats and such.

Ping: This would be an option for players' game to make a noise when players they set PR them. This would be good for getting called to CWs or important messages.

Smaller tab where you can see players in lobby: Would look better and be less messy on-screen.

''do not "/pr <player_name>" in chat bar when clicking on player (could be to check status not pr)'': This would be much more convenient because when you just want to look on someone's profile you don't need to erase the /pr playername.

''do not open target city info-window when reaching with attacking units; irritates, specially when close to range limit'': THIS SO MUCH THIS. Please its very annoying. Just adds turns time and creates many mistakes.

''Random Selection, Inclusion of Custom Maps in Competition, and Quality'': This is a great suggestions giving diversity to the maps and games. Its very lengthy so i'll just link you to the original thread.

Crossing out player name instead of removing in a game: This would be cool to know who played before and as what country. Maybe move their name to the bottom of the list.

Day and night cycles: This would make a cool feature with darkening/lightening the globe and maybe adding special night troops.

Distinguish family members (or anyone on same IP) as non-alts: This would be very nice for players to not be accused of alts.

Online/last seen status on every forum post:
Written by Lemonade, 27.10.2015 at 16:47

Like "online" or 3hours ago". Every profil has this information, so all posts should include this too.

Inability to go through walls while at peace with a player: This would lessen backstabbing a lot.

Not counting t1 leaving in duels: This function is useless and only allows the unjust taking of elo from DCs/bad connection.

Right click ability: This would open up gameplay a lot with faster speeds and more efficient moves. It was proposed to have the right click cancel moves instead of hovering over something else.

Elo peak on profile: It would be pretty cool to see a player's elo peak especially for those who used to duel actively.

Custom save-able settings: This would work by having a 'save settings' option and several (5?) slots that you can save and settings and use them. Perhaps add 5 more slots with prem.

Make chat easier: New players don't know how to chat on different channels especially sending PRs, and this makes the game less fun and less attractive since they can't communicate with people. By making a chat tutorial or making the chat function easier to understand it would help the game attract more players.

Switch countries with teammate after picks: This would be useful for getting strong players in strong countries (cws).

List of moves with delete/reorder option: This would make prioritizing and ordering your moves much smoother.

Real-time gameplay: This would be a whole other dimension to the game, move by move turns like chess. You have 4 minutes which pauses when you finish your move, then opponent does theirs etc

Clan trophies: This would make clans have more to play for, and achievements such as coming first 5 times can be rewarded.

Thread collaboration/allowing other players to edit an OP: This would be great for collaborative efforts and threads that need to build over time.

Set upgrades for duels: This would encourage low ranks to go against higher ranks and would bring more activity to the duel scene.

Minimum damage or stabilizing rolls: Giving min. damage to units or stabilizing rolls more would be noticeable helpful and make the game more fun.

Be able to see spectators: People want to see who's viewing their games!

Show duel record PvP: This would be great for seeing who won more etc.

Strategy Creator: This has been suggested once before and I think it would add a whole new part to the game. Give us a certain measurement to not make the strategy OP. Maybe an option for it to be oriented to a certain unit or two. For example DS is mainly heli oriented and secondarily marine oriented. And a certain amount we can boost so it isn't OP. Give an option in game for custom strategies, and once a strategy is published anyone can use. Maybe prizes for most used strategy and such. This would add the incentive for players to return playing.

Strategy Tiers: I don't know if this has been suggested before but this could also add a lot of diversity to the game. Make tiers available to every strategy ( I think not RA and PD since they're strong enough on their own). Make three tiers available to be bought with SP for every strat once bought. A 'light' (tier 1) SM for example maybe would remove the inf attack nerf but also remove the bomber range. An 'extreme' blitz would further boost a +1 range and a -1 defense. I know this would be time intensive (along with the strategy creator) to balance all the strategies but I believe this would add more diversity to the strategies, more motivation to progress further through the game, and make strategies our own.
Map Making:

Cartography suggestions:

Written by clovis1122, 29.07.2015 at 10:32

rank restriction of countries/sides in a scenario/map

: Added this one because it would make life much easier for hosts.

Choosing several units for a transport to transport (can only pick one): Would add depth to map making.

Terrain for only ground troops (and air?) to walk on: Again, more depth to maps. Glaciers and such.

Copy units from other maps: If your map is a clone or similar themed this would make it easier to make.

Written by notserral, 28.07.2015 at 16:21

Like the option to select multiple countries, a similar one to allow players to select multiple sides in a scenario. Default would be one. Players would be able to have scenarios that require a number of players with only a small portion of actual players.

Auto save maps: So people don't lose their hard work especially when it takes a long time to save!

Having objectives that can be set in scenarios in return for a reward (units? cash?) [for example capture x for 800 partisans][protect y for 3 turns 2000 cash]]: This would give map makers more creativity in their handwork and an ability to set and control the flow of the game even better.

Limiting units to specific cities: This would give map makers more freedom to add depth, historic accuracy, and importance to certain cities rather than a whole faction.

Special tags:"Ports are a special tag that a city needs in order to recruit naval units, allow the map makers to create more special tags and to limit the recruitment of units to those special tags"

Auto walling in scenarios: Apparently the units don't auto wall when set and it would be more convenient if they do.

Explosive/one time units: So a ''remove unit upon engagement'' -Sheba option where you could only use the unit once then it disintegrates. This would be useful for bombs and nukes in scenarios.

Sending units: This would add realism but would need to figure out how not to make it OP. Maybe 10 units sending per turn max.

More collaborator options: Having name in map creator and being able to collaborate scenarios. This would be a nice and easy to implement feature.

Longer unit description: Just more convenient and not much of a hassle.

Alliances since turn 1: Would be really cool and give map makers more freedom to innovate.

Custom music for scenarios: VERY cool!

100% rare units chance when taking a city: Would give map makers the ability to add importance to a city.

Redo button in map editor: I don't know why this isn't already implemented.

Folders/place holders for units: This would organize units to categories to make it more organized and faster for map makers.

Banned alliances between certain players: This would be great for map makers to prevent two OP factions/countries from allying and dominating the game which makes it no fun.

Written by Columna Durruti, 08.10.2015 at 22:14

Map-making
  • Units: negative range (avoid moving specific units when blitz)
  • Invisible cities: placed randomly within a specific territory and only visible to owning player and his allies. Could be conditioned to specific victory settings or income/reinf ratios, etc. Would be great to play some guerrilla scearios!
  • Make: "this city can only be taken by specific unit"; Could be useful to elaborate a new lign of maps (and scenarios) that include "side developments" (technological and economic) and could function as "trigger cities" and/or "trigger units". As innital attempts, check scenarios like Medieval Civicus or Arvond.
  • Copy cities (with settings, ofc.)
  • Copy countries: not the borders, but the cities (and their settings, ofc.)

I also realize most of these may not be implemented but it would be nice to see some of them at least.

NEW CATEGORY: MOBILE PHONE/TOUCH-SCREEN/Non-laptop devices SUGGESTIONS

Zoom in and out with pinch: This would make playing AW much much easier and nicer for touch-screens.
A different lobby for touch screen: Same level of gameplay, more turn time etc.
Controls for gamepad: This would allow playing on PS and Xbox which would open up to a whole other section of gamers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a new premium plan suggestion I liked:

Written by Phoenix, 18.11.2015 at 10:40

These different packs seem to be kind of confusing and if you brought them all it would probably cost way too much.
What I'm proposing is a bit more "streamlined" I guess you could say with the focus on players "upgrading" not buying individual features.. plus your icon would change from black to "bronze" "silver" "gold" depending on what you had.

It could be done slightly differently.... but the main thing is encouraging people to "upgrade".

Change game options and access all maps and scenarios - $1 for a week $3 for a month (if a player thinks they will play the game more than a couple months, buying bronze premium starts to make sense...)

Bronze premium: Start a clan and change game options permanently- $10 lifetime (one of the main things that encourages players to return is clan activity, so it makes more sense to encourage clan formation. Not everyone wants to play competitive game play and instead just want to play Rp with friends, so no need to include a gen or new strats.)

Silver premium: Make your own maps and access some new upgrades or strategies, plus all above features for $20 ($10 upgrade)

Gold Premium: Access General and General upgrades, all current strategies and all above features (perfect for competitive payers) $30 ($10 upgrade from silver, $20 upgrade from Bronze)

Platinum Premium?: Access new features? Custom strategies? Custom colors/ upload a "skin" color exclusive to you (upload an image that can be approved by mods to use instead of plain old orange, blue, red etc)? $40 ($10 upgrade from gold etc) (current lifetime premium members might be given this as a loyalty gift, they did pay $40 already in fairness).

Some aspects of this would still have to be thought over... like, how to retain revenues from people who prefer to access a general or something only for a few months. But there could be "try it out" offers on each pack.. so you might pay $5 to access a general for a month.

I'd also like to know the admins' opinion on strategy creator and strategy tiers, even if they will probably not get implemented. I made this list so the admins can look at it and inform us which might/can/will be implemented and which are a definite no. Continue suggesting and I'll keep updating.
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

24.07.2015 - 06:56
Support!
25.07.2015 - 07:03
Agree on the first 7 suggestions.. disagree with the others
26.07.2015 - 05:18
Support, except for the zoom bug
26.07.2015 - 08:45
I've been strongly against crossing the line between reporting bugs and suggesting stuff... but if I had opinion to suggest then I'd say:

Written by IHavok, 26.07.2015 at 05:18

Support, except for the zoom bug

It would help if you can order them in some kind-of difficult btw. The suggestions I've see in the past approved by admins are usually some little things. Like:

Written by The Tactician, 24.07.2015 at 06:19

Better tutorial: Give new players more in depth understanding of walls, strategies, and the TB system. Maybe auto direct them to the FAQ pages.

Watching the battle report mid turn: This would be a huge help for those who skip/want to know opponents strategy.

Chat in ally chat before the game starts: This would make it easier to plan team games beforehand especially if the players aren't in the same clan.

''Reset Moves'' button: this would help so much rather than refreshing because it would save time especially for people with bad connections.

More winning conditions: It would be nice to add some spice (yes, it rhythms) and diversity to the game. Someone suggested kill the general before. I think a first to reach x units would be interesting, or maybe capture x enemy cities.
26.07.2015 - 09:35
Jordan
Account deleted
We need zoom bug
28.07.2015 - 15:27
We need to have more colour options for when you're pm'ing or just talking to more than one person. Like regular yellow for one person you are pm'ing and green for the other? It would also look a lot better when people screenshot conversations. #Thoughts
----
R.I.P. Mortal Kombat 2/15/2015

~Cryptic(CDN)
28.07.2015 - 16:19
Written by CrypticCDN, 28.07.2015 at 15:27

We need to have more colour options for when you're pm'ing or just talking to more than one person. Like regular yellow for one person you are pm'ing and green for the other? It would also look a lot better when people screenshot conversations. #Thoughts

that would make AW more convenient, support! Put it in the OP.
----

28.07.2015 - 18:29
Written by CrypticCDN, 28.07.2015 at 15:27

Support
28.07.2015 - 22:39
All we need it less noobs, that will surely make the game better.
----

TJM !!!
28.07.2015 - 23:35
Written by Skittzophrenic, 28.07.2015 at 22:39

So don't complain and train them!
----

~Cryptic(CDN)
28.07.2015 - 23:43
Written by CrypticCDN, 28.07.2015 at 23:35

They don't listen.
----

TJM !!!
29.07.2015 - 04:41
 Eagle (Mod)
Http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=20607 this would be awesome
Than there is always the reset button, more colors... But the most useful one and the easiest to implement would be the ally chat before the game starts, it is very needed for cw's and team games
Also would be great if cw's could be started with 2 players
----
29.07.2015 - 04:44
Oh yeah, rated team games... Added!
----

29.07.2015 - 12:26
Written by Skittzophrenic, 28.07.2015 at 23:43

They don't listen.

true, we just need to raise main to r5 lol
----

~Cryptic(CDN)
29.07.2015 - 13:31

I'm sorry( not!) but they are the ones to complain about the lack of encouragement, yet whenever you contact the same complaint-makers, they never respond.
----
29.07.2015 - 14:47
Written by e Mare, 29.07.2015 at 13:31

I'm sorry( not!) but they are the ones to complain about the lack of encouragement, yet whenever you contact the same complaint-makers, they never respond.

I'm quite aware lol
----

~Cryptic(CDN)
30.07.2015 - 03:05
Added a few, I think the list is almost complete, but there's always room for improvement. I'd like some cartography suggestion that would make life easier on the map makers, and once we get to a well rounded list I'll ask an admin which ones would you want to/see being implemented (I really hope one of the strategy creator/strategy tiers.
----

30.07.2015 - 07:43
Written by The Tactician, 30.07.2015 at 03:05

Added a few, I think the list is almost complete, but there's always room for improvement. I'd like some cartography suggestion that would make life easier on the map makers, and once we get to a well rounded list I'll ask an admin which ones would you want to/see being implemented (I really hope one of the strategy creator/strategy tiers.

I can send you a list of some of the map editor suggestions, if you like.

But again, none of this is going to be implemented before, as clovis wonderfully put it, the 'bug-hunting' is done.
----
30.07.2015 - 07:55
Written by e Mare, 30.07.2015 at 07:43

Written by The Tactician, 30.07.2015 at 03:05

I can send you a list of some of the map editor suggestions, if you like.

But again, none of this is going to be implemented before, as clovis wonderfully put it, the 'bug-hunting' is done.

That would be good, thanks.

I know that, but it's good to have a to-do list -that's ever expanding, better to get an early start on that- before the bug hunting is done so the admins have an idea of what the player base wants.

EDIT: Thanks to Emare, I added cartography suggestions.
----

02.08.2015 - 10:54
Dont forget!

ALLOW BLACK COLOUR!
And make a Strategy nerf/boost forum!
----

Written by Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
02.08.2015 - 11:09
Added strategy nerf/boost forum.
----

02.08.2015 - 12:32

Strategy nerf/boost forum: A lot of people have great (or not so) ideas for strategies but there is no dedicated place to discuss it!

No I mean Strategy nerf/boost forum where admins/moderators update every nerf/boost/change in any strategy, and perhaps also able for people to discuss about it
----

Written by Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
06.08.2015 - 13:51
It has been mentioned again but let me remind it.It would help a lot if we could pick countries before starting the game and also Croats suggestion for 3v3 with elo points.
----
06.08.2015 - 21:45
Here's things I thought of
1) I know this, or something like it, has been discussed before, but for casual games add a turn zero where no one can do anything but join and pick home country.
2) And again I have seen discussion of this before but an auto save feature or option in map making editor would be nice.
3) A 50 SP deduction for every time you time out in a casual game instead of manning up and simply abandoning or surrendering the game.
----
"The edge is never very far away, when you're hanging on by your fingernails." ©
07.08.2015 - 04:11
 Eagle (Mod)
Did anyone mention elo limits in duels? For example only for players over 1200 elo
----
08.08.2015 - 01:45
Updated! Added a few more that have been suggested when I was off. Also noticed EMare is mod, congrats.

11/8/2015 edit: added 2 more
13/8/2015 edit: added total fog of war
14/8/2015 edit: added limiting units to specific cities
15/8/2015 edit: added "Ports are a special tag that a city needs in order to recruit naval units, allow the map makers to create more special tags and to limit the recruitment of units to those special tags"
20/8/2015 edit: added auto forming walls in scenarios
23/8/2015 edit: added explosive/one time units
----

23.08.2015 - 15:18
So there are 23 general suggestions and 12 cartography suggestion, i'm going to sort the top 15 most important general suggestions and top 10 most important cartography suggestions imo (with the difficulty to implement for each, imo [im sure im underestimating the difficulty for some]).

General:

1. Reset moves button: Easy
2. Battle report mid-turn: Easy-Medium
3. Ranked team games: Medium-Hard
4. 2v2 CWs: Easy
5. Ally chat before game starts: Easy
6. Elo limits for duels: Easy
7. Skins (color alternative for premium): Medium
8. Casual turn 0 for picking countries: Easy
9. Different colors for PM'ing different people: Medium
10. Auto picking colors: Easy
11. Total fog of war: Easy
12. Random country choice: Medium
13. Separate radio/atn forums: Super easy
14. Training Clan Connections/Alliances (alliance chat, CW's against each other don't count): Medium
15. Better tutorial: Easy (with player's help)
15 tied. More winning conditions: Easy

Cartography:

1. Rank restrictions on specific countries: Easy-Medium
2. Auto Save maps: Medium (because servers, server move tho c:)
3. Special tags: Medium
4. Objectives: Medium
5. Selecting multiple countries: Easy-Medium
6. Several units for transports: Easy-Medium
7. Limiting units to specific cities: Easy
8. Copy units: Easy
9. Auto walling in scenarios: Easy
10. Terrain for only ground troops: Easy

I'd also like to know the admins' opinion on strategy creator and strategy tiers, even if they will probably not get implemented. I made this list so the admins can look at it and inform us which might/can/will be implemented and which are a definite no. Continue suggesting and I'll keep updating.
----

27.08.2015 - 20:25

Training clan connections: Most training clans have failed because of that split, I think a common forum/chat would make the process a whole lot easier.

In Guild Wars, we had Guilds (coalitions) and Alliances. Alliances were collections of Guilds. We could have something like that - an alliance could be a collection of coalitions and the CWs between them would not count towards ELO or award any point whatsoever. We then could have an additional chat channel - alliance - where all players in the same alliance would be able to talk.
----
Written by Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
01.09.2015 - 07:07

Need picture for explanation cuzz i am idiot.
In this version when you pick a stack, and just.. click on the line.. above... that one.. you know.. the number of units you wanna move is going up or down by 10. While on htlm version it goes randomly. I mean, you can click on the line and its gonna move by w/e is the number of units on that specific place on that line.
If we could have that in htlm too, that would be great. I've found that handy is some situations, also its just a habit.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word