19.10.2011 - 22:50
Turnblocking is stupid and should be removed
----
19.10.2011 - 22:56
It's because you don't fully understand the concept

tl;dr for ones who can't read a sentence:

you're doing it wrong
19.10.2011 - 22:57
It is removed as requested, and we added a new feature! It's called turkblocking!

please enjoy

-AW team
----
Written by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Written by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

19.10.2011 - 23:06
This comes up from time to time. I think it can be unrealistic in some cases (1 bomber stopping 50, etc), but overall its a part of the game. Probably would be good to include in the tutorial prominently. Knowledge of it is a huge advantage over newer players
20.10.2011 - 10:09
Lol fruit (turkblocking) your fruity sense of humor never gets old.

Young G We Da Best
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
20.10.2011 - 18:05
't's because you don't fully understand the concept

you're doing it wrong'

you dont do good trolling

tl;dr for ones what cant read sentence:

you suck at trolling
----
20.10.2011 - 19:07
Written by Fidel_Castro, 20.10.2011 at 18:05

you're doing it wrong'

you suck at trolling

Be nice now Lowsky., and remember to pray to zizou today!

Btw. best way not to get turnblocked is to do it yourself. Turnblock everyone else in your local area before you do anything else and you should be able to negate his/her move.
20.10.2011 - 19:35
Number one way to reduce yourself getting turnblocked: take your time.

Make sure to really think about what your first move should be (probably your main army/biggest stack as this is most likely to be blocked). Your chances of getting turnblocked (as I understand it anyway) is 1/x where x is the number of players in the game. So if there are 2 players it is 50% chance of being blocked. But if there are 8 players, its 12.5% you'll get blocked.

NOW, if you wait to move your big stack, and your opponent on their first move blocks you...it will go through 100% of the time.

It's not about how fast you move, but the order in which your moves are made.
20.10.2011 - 23:36
Written by Fidel_Castro, 20.10.2011 at 18:05

you're doing it wrong'

you suck at trolling

I'm not trolling, it's pretty easy to tell where a block is coming from and 90% of the time it's blockable...
21.10.2011 - 11:52
Uber pro tip, if you are going to turn block a stack, do not attack from where you think he is going to attack, it is better to turn block from a location that is not where the unit is going.

turn block from as far away as possible so your turn blocking unit is not turn blocked.
21.10.2011 - 15:46
Before criticizing turnblocking learn how use it for yourself. It is avoidable.

1) Move your most important or biggest stack as the first move of your turn (50% chance of not getting turnblocked if your enemy attempts to block you as his first move, 100% if he tried to turnblock as his second, third, fourth move..... etc)

2 >turnblock your enemy's important stacks with one unit afterwards

3 > Prioritize your movements in the order of their importance

4) > When turnblocking, block from cities that are protected by a wall or cities that most likely wont get attacked like SonyHaxor was mentioning.

Another thing, every little movement you make with one unit (for example when trying to pass a naval transport through ziz-zag areas) increases your chances of being turnblocked.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
21.10.2011 - 15:49
I should also add to bill's comment. The chance of getting turnblocked only will only be 12.5% if 8 players block that same stack as their first move. Not if there's 8 players in the game. The chances of being turnblocked by that many players never happens.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
21.10.2011 - 16:08
Bill where did you hear that?

I always thought it was as follows.

if 2 player TB you, you are not going anywhere, you have to remember, they still get 50% vs you, no matter how many times you are being attacked, you can't lower the chance of TB by having more people attack you. i will test this with you if you want, but logically to me what i'm saying makes more sense.
21.10.2011 - 16:22
Just close this thread, seriously.
----
Fruit is right

23.10.2011 - 12:54
Written by Fidel_Castro, 19.10.2011 at 22:50

this is literaly stalling a player from advancing there army, case dissmissed!
----
Written by NateBaller, 30.08.2012 at 20:04

I make Americans look bad? Are you kidding me?
23.10.2011 - 13:02
Turnblocking is a good thing, it brings happiness to millions.
----
Dinner. The imprisonment of arachnids.
24.10.2011 - 20:13
Sony, what I meant was that each player has an equal albeit random chance of moving first.

Let's say you have 4 people in a game: users A, B, C, and D.

So user A wants to turn block user B. A sends one unit to B's stack. However, each user (ABCD) has an equal chance of their move being processed first. So it could go in this order D B A C or A C B D. If there's only two people in a game then yes its 50% or 1/2. But in a four player game its 25% or 1/4.

I COULD be wrong, but I believe I've read this explanation from someone who knows way more than I do.
25.10.2011 - 02:16
 Ivan (Admin)
I just want to mention that turnblocking is unavoidable in a turn-based game with simultaneous moves and no grid. Otherwise, armies would never meet each other outside of the cities.
25.10.2011 - 14:56
Written by Fidel_Castro, 19.10.2011 at 22:50

Totaly agree.. Why should u play a game when u got turn blocked?.. u cant even play...
----
Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
25.10.2011 - 15:03
Btw.. I think if u got turnblocked.. only ur inf should stay in the same spot becouse they defend.. i think your othere units should be free of moving.. so both sides happy now??...

Btw most of the turnblock people cant even win without turnblocking how sad is that?

U cant even play if u got turn blocked.. so i have one quistion why am i playing if i get turn blocked every singel move..
And tophads on quistion for u..
Soo.. If i move my unit out.. after that move my units strate with no zigzag i will probly not get turnblocked?
(i should play blitz al the time than i think =/)
----
Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
25.10.2011 - 15:15
Written by Ivan, 25.10.2011 at 02:16

I just want to mention that turnblocking is unavoidable in a turn-based game with simultaneous moves and no grid. Otherwise, armies would never meet each other outside of the cities.

Perfect.

In my opinion turnblocking is an essential part of the game and many players (not only in this thread) ask to remove it just because they can't handle it.

The only thing that should be considered is a way to avoid the turn blocking in the first turn of the game. After that, it's a totally avoidable tactic.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
25.10.2011 - 15:47
I believe ivan just made this thread obsolete, please to make closing mods.
----
Fruit is right

25.10.2011 - 17:50
'I just want to mention that turnblocking is unavoidable in a turn-based game with simultaneous moves and no grid. Otherwise, armies would never meet each other outside of the cities.'

I'm not saying that armies shouldn't meet, I'm saying that it is frocking stupid that a bombers can block as much as 236 bombers!
It makes NO sense!
----
25.10.2011 - 18:12
Written by Fidel_Castro, 25.10.2011 at 17:50

'I just want to mention that turnblocking is unavoidable in a turn-based game with simultaneous moves and no grid. Otherwise, armies would never meet each other outside of the cities.'

I'm not saying that armies shouldn't meet, I'm saying that it is frocking stupid that a bombers can block as much as 236 bombers!
It makes NO sense!

in other words, it cannot be removed. case closed.
----
~
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word