Get Premium to hide all ads
24.10.2011 - 16:09
Now, everyone has been asking for nukes for a long time, and they HAVE been implemented as rare units, but they're not really nukes, just a powerful unit...

So this is my suggestion:

These would be the stats of a nuke:

Zero movement without air transport
Zero attack
Zero defense
Cost of 50,000 dollars and a weekly income removal of 5,000

In other words, it would depend SOLELY on the units you sent it around with.

However, there would be an advantage that could be arguably be worth it.

When you set off a nuke in a city with NO remaining defenders (Or the nuke would be killed), it would be fully and completely removed from the map, as would anything within a range, of say, how far a militia can move.

This may seem like a bad idea supposing that you could just capture a city and it's income for yourself, maybe even making nukes seem a little UNDER powered, especially with their price. But consider the capabilities! If you could get one nuke in with a stack of 100+ bombers (Which would end up costing you much more money than your typical assault), you could effectively destroy someone's capital city without a chance of it being brought back.

It would probably be unusable on smaller or less funded maps alltogether.

It would not be as overused as many of the suggested ideas for it.

This is less of something that need, but more of me offering a better alternative to an already oh-too popular idea.
----
~goodnamesalltaken~
24.10.2011 - 17:09
 YOBA
Let's see...
  • Afterwind depicts the pre-nuclear conflict. So no nukes.
  • Nukes have been able to be remotely controlled since the 1960s. Afterwind fairly obviously takes place in the modern day.
  • 100 bombers would cost a LOT less that a nuke in your plan. Every bomber costs 160 cash, multiply that by 100 = 16000 cash. You'd need to recruit 312.5 bombers to have paid 50,000 cash on them. And 312.5 bombers would be significantly more powerful than a nuke that has to fly around in a crappy, feeble little tin shell--an air transport..
  • Would be absolutely useless if any unit could destroy it. I always leave 1 militia in my cities so allies/crafty enemies cannot take them easily. I am definitely not the only person that does this in the game. Even when I enter total war by AW definitions (i.e. send all my defences forth and hope for the best), I always keep 1 militia behind. Well, usually. But you see my point I hope! Most people don't even bother moving around the militia when the capture a city.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
24.10.2011 - 18:23
Written by YOBA, 24.10.2011 at 17:09

Let's see...
  • Afterwind depicts the pre-nuclear conflict. So no nukes.
  • Nukes have been able to be remotely controlled since the 1960s. Afterwind fairly obviously takes place in the modern day.
  • 100 bombers would cost a LOT less that a nuke in your plan. Every bomber costs 160 cash, multiply that by 100 = 16000 cash. You'd need to recruit 312.5 bombers to have paid 50,000 cash on them. And 312.5 bombers would be significantly more powerful than a nuke that has to fly around in a crappy, feeble little tin shell--an air transport..
  • Would be absolutely useless if any unit could destroy it. I always leave 1 militia in my cities so allies/crafty enemies cannot take them easily. I am definitely not the only person that does this in the game. Even when I enter total war by AW definitions (i.e. send all my defences forth and hope for the best), I always keep 1 militia behind. Well, usually. But you see my point I hope! Most people don't even bother moving around the militia when the capture a city.

You obviously misread the post. The idea was to have it IN THE SAME STACK as 100+ bombers, so that it would be well protected. If the units IN IT'S STACK could kill the units IN THE CITY, then the nuke would work.

That was an example of how it would work rather than a comparison to other units.
----
~goodnamesalltaken~
24.10.2011 - 18:25
Also, as a side note, there ARE nuclear Rare Units, so it would be completely possible.
----
~goodnamesalltaken~
30.10.2011 - 12:39
31.10.2011 - 15:15
As I said

"This is less of something that need, but more of me offering a better alternative to an already oh-too popular idea. "

I can't really see a single other nuke idea that offers a decent set of ups and downs. I don't particularly want or expect nukes to become a user unit.
----
~goodnamesalltaken~
31.10.2011 - 15:43
Written by Runway1R, 30.10.2011 at 12:39

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word