Get Premium to hide all ads
02.11.2011 - 19:59
An option that will become available within the last 5 turns of the game that will allow the players to vote on a game extension by 5 turns (or possibly incremented like the max players and max join week). The vote must be majority, or the game ends as scheduled. Perfect for if you want to actually beat each other. and st00f...
02.11.2011 - 20:29
Sounds good to me.

Way too many games end by someone lucking out...
----
~goodnamesalltaken~
02.11.2011 - 20:33
Good suggestion, or make alliance of SP ldr all win (like a regular win)
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
02.11.2011 - 20:38
Written by VAGlNEER 2.0, 02.11.2011 at 20:33

In the case of the game I was in, the SP leader was allied with everybody but one person for most of the game. When the game ended, everybody lost but him. The SP leader (tunceli) refused to ally with him (el_kolonel)
02.11.2011 - 20:54
Written by Runway1R, 02.11.2011 at 20:38

In the case of the game I was in, the SP leader was allied with everybody but one person for most of the game. When the game ended, everybody lost but him. The SP leader (tunceli) refused to ally with him (el_kolonel)

true, I'd go with your suggestion, very reasonable
----

02.11.2011 - 20:55

02.11.2011 - 21:03
Written by Runway1R, 02.11.2011 at 20:38

02.11.2011 - 21:42
If you want to play longer games, just make it a 100 or 200 turn game. If you have only 50 turns, well, then you have to deal with it and kill your enemies faster.
So einfach ist das.jpg
03.11.2011 - 09:39
Written by Kaptain_Kraut, 02.11.2011 at 21:42

If you want to play longer games, just make it a 100 or 200 turn game. If you have only 50 turns, well, then you have to deal with it and kill your enemies faster.
So einfach ist das.jpg

Its not that easy when the SP leader doesn't really want to most of the time, so he won't accept ally requests (Zizou)
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
04.11.2011 - 11:29
X3SUS
Account deleted
Written by Runway1R, 02.11.2011 at 19:59

An option that will become available within the last 5 turns of the game that will allow the players to vote on a game extension by 5 turns (or possibly incremented like the max players and max join week). The vote must be majority, or the game ends as scheduled. Perfect for if you want to actually beat each other. and st00f...

Seems good at first appearance, but easy to abuse.
If a player lost his team-mates, has most SP and did a good job fighting a superior number of enemies, they could just vote for a longer game and would win the vote because they are more.
04.11.2011 - 11:35
Written by Guest, 04.11.2011 at 11:29

If a player lost his team-mates, has most SP and did a good job fighting a superior number of enemies, they could just vote for a longer game and would win the vote because they are more.

The possibility to enable/disable "Add-Time-Vote" in the game options ere starting a game might solve this problem - and would make Premium accounts even more attractive.

Moreover it is possible to restrict the number of "overtimes". If just one game length extension of 3 weeks is possible, it is not very likely that this will change the whole game - however, it is questionable whether this would serve the cause of the one starting this thread.

Just some thoughts
----

[img]http://atwar-game.com/user/18214/signature.png[/img]

Written by Grimm, 13.03.2014 at 18:28

So yeah, let's fight the anti-Viking lobby together!
04.11.2011 - 11:35

Exactly.

I'm totally against this option, since it would motivate unfair matches even more. If a player won by SP in a 50 turn match he only played by the rules stated at the start, changing it in the middle of the game would only make it unfair.

Also, some players only start a game they can finish and if I can only play 50 turns I woudn't be happy to see it changed to 100 when I'm about to finish it.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
04.11.2011 - 11:38
X3SUS
Account deleted
Written by Pinheiro, 04.11.2011 at 11:35

Also, some players only start a game they can finish and if I can only play 50 turns I woudn't be happy to see it changed to 100 when I'm about to finish it.

This.
06.11.2011 - 20:27

Exactly.

I'm totally against this option, since it would motivate unfair matches even more. If a player won by SP in a 50 turn match he only played by the rules stated at the start, changing it in the middle of the game would only make it unfair.

Just make it so that ALL players have to agree. Not a player majority. If everyone agrees, then whats the problem?
06.11.2011 - 23:15
Written by Tik-Tok, 06.11.2011 at 20:27

Exactly.

Just make it so that ALL players have to agree. Not a player majority. If everyone agrees, then whats the problem?

Or a 2/3's vote. The SP leader probably won't want to extend time, also pinheiro is just saying that because he abuses the game ending at 50 turns to hell...

All games should have a definite winner and loser imo
----

07.11.2011 - 04:27

That would be ok.
Written by VAGlNEER 2.0, 06.11.2011 at 23:15
Also pinheiro is just saying that because he abuses the game ending at 50 turns to hell...

I had a fast look at my profile and found out that the only recent match that ended up on turn 51 was the one you guys lost in a 3v2 against me. I sense madness on your argument.

Also. Aren't you forgetting that everyone, by the start of the game, is aware of the turn limitation? I mean, it wasn't like you didn't choose it in the first place. My tip to those who don't like to lose by lack of turns: avoid games that end on turn 50 or create games with more turns.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
07.11.2011 - 09:17
Written by Pinheiro, 07.11.2011 at 04:27

That would be ok.
Written by VAGlNEER 2.0, 06.11.2011 at 23:15
Also pinheiro is just saying that because he abuses the game ending at 50 turns to hell...

I had a fast look at my profile and found out that the only recent match that ended up on turn 51 was the one you guys lost in a 3v2 against me. I sense madness on your argument.

Also. Aren't you forgetting that everyone, by the start of the game, is aware of the turn limitation? I mean, it wasn't like you didn't choose it in the first place. My tip to those who don't like to lose by lack of turns: avoid games that end on turn 50 or create games with more turns.

Actually, Ive noticed many people come into game with no knowledge of how many turns it is, and sometimes find out it's 500 and leave.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word