Get Premium to hide all ads
29.01.2011 - 20:46
As of right now, there isn't any good unit that can counter a mass tank rush and transport a large number of infantry, so why not add helicopters into the fight.

Attack Helicopter : Attack 7, defense 5 (same as a tank), range 8. I know that these stats are almost the same as a tank, but they will change depending on the unit they are attacking. When the attack helicopter is fighting agaisnt tanks, it gains +1 attack and +1 defense, giving it a advantage against them. But when they engage infantry, they lose 1 attack and 1 def, so they are not the best at attacking cities. The price should be the same as a tank.

Transport helicopter : Attack 1, defense 2 , range 9. Transport capacity : 5 infantry/marines/milita units only. This also looks like a regular transport, but with a shorter range, but the difference is that they can transport 5 infantry soldiers. This way players can quickly reinforce their cities or even encourage infantry warfare. I don't know what the price should be.

I hope you like my idea.
29.01.2011 - 23:12
We have to remember that no base units are being added to the game. So if a helicopter unit was added to our arsenal it would be a bonus unit.

I'm not sure how the bonus unit system is actually going to work, but if you can only obtain a small number of bonus units then I don't think helicopters would be good choice. Simply because having only 1 attack/transport helicopter would seem pretty useless in a real game situation.
29.01.2011 - 23:56
Also with the SCALE of the maps in terms of distance realistically speaking helicopters wouldnt have that kind of range...the scale of this game is more suited for jet/multi-engined planes...tho something along the lines of an plane like an AC130 might work.
30.01.2011 - 05:27
Well we only see an abstract view of the battlefield, they will refill etc on the way. One turn is a week after all. We are not useing one tank at a time for instance...
30.01.2011 - 08:57
Yeah KingCow i was only talking DistanceScale, when you factor in TimeScale the unit question does appear irrelevant but thats why i had suggested something similar to the HelicopterSupport[in terms of FirepowerSupport to ground units] in the terms of a CAS[close air support] unit/upgrade/bonus/whatever-you-want-to-term-it so that you could simulate/augment the ground combat in a more TacticalSense, whereas[i think] Bombers are more of a StrategicSense at least in RealWorld terms[that philosophy i take having served in the USAF]. a Apache/A10/AC130/Harrier is somewhat different than a F111/Tornado/B52 in that the bombers drop AreaEffect payloads[bombs] and helicopters/gunships can be abit more precise with bullets/missles in the SupportRole...the same would hold true for IndirectFireSupport using a Artillery/LongRangeMissle[155mm/Tomahawk]unit/upgrade/etc...
30.01.2011 - 14:56
 Ivan (Admin)
OK, it's cool that the units are called helicopters, but on the scale of Afterwind it's very important for units to have unique properties. So far I don't really see them in your suggestion.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word