Get Premium to hide all ads
21.10.2015 - 15:11
Stryko
Account deleted
Before you read on, this is not a post about SM - rather the CW scene and competitive community as a whole. SM itself have been an active and strong community since 2012 and many of us are unwilling to let CWs die so easily.

Now this may seem melodramatic coming off the bat but having been on AW for 3 years, I've seen a few things. Back when I got involved in CWing, people would at least CW every 3 or 4 days, then it grew in 2013 when people started playing CWs EVERY DAY. 2014 was even better with about 10-15 CWs on a single day at one point.

Now we sit here with 13 days of no CWs, and for what? HTML5? No, because you can't adapt to HTML5, sure it's pretty crappy ATM but it can only improve. (and anyone that knows me, knows that turn 13 is best turn)

What are you doing then Mr.Stryko, gonna just shout at us? No. I have discussed with SM and we have decided to split (in half), I will be making another clan whereby we can CW each other, if you guys want to help us then get your bands back together and lets have some fun. Recruit new members and introduce them to the CW scene and any new players reading this join a clan! When you CW you'll get the same feeling those MLG players do, even on this small game called AW.

Anyways say what you want about AW but it's not dead, you are dead.

also always remember stryko stronk!
21.10.2015 - 15:34
Written by Guest, 21.10.2015 at 15:11

stryko stronk!
21.10.2015 - 15:37
Wanna join bm?
----
"War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."
― Carl von Clausewitz
21.10.2015 - 15:39
As long as SM is alive then competitive AW is. We shall not let this part of AW die, HTML5 is the future, and we embrace the future. Join us if you can take, heil Putin's Martians/Martians Stalins/Putin's Plutonians (I really want this)/Stalin's Venuses/Kremlin's Martians (undecided!).
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

21.10.2015 - 15:42

Written by The Tactician, 21.10.2015 at 15:39

As long as SM is alive then competitive AW is. We shall not let this part of AW die, HTML5 is the future, and we embrace the future. Join us if you can take, heil Putin's Martians/Martians Stalins/Putin's Plutonians (I really want this)/Stalin's Venuses (undecided!).

PUTIN????

Written by Lemonade, 21.10.2015 at 15:37

Wanna join bm?

Can i join please?
----
21.10.2015 - 15:46
One reason is html5 but the other reason is: an active clan full annexed an other

@goblin:
nobody uses the green color, so you are wellcome
----
"War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."
― Carl von Clausewitz
21.10.2015 - 15:56
Stryko
Account deleted
Before anyone else asks, I'm only making a clan to help CWs. When everything is back to normal we will be rejoining SM again.
21.10.2015 - 16:00
I am actually happy this happened.

Syndicate is inactive, and so is Illyria. Custom maps CWs may flourish now...
21.10.2015 - 16:00
 Evic
Somehow i dont think this is gonna work
21.10.2015 - 16:01
Nvm... boo Stryko.
21.10.2015 - 16:05
Stryko
Account deleted
Written by Evic, 21.10.2015 at 16:00

Somehow i dont think this is gonna work

The greatest feeling in life is doing something that someone said you cannot do.
- kremlin
21.10.2015 - 16:22
 Eagle (Mod)
Rip MK, rip cw's
----
21.10.2015 - 16:53
Support!

i call shotgun on goblin
----
21.10.2015 - 18:32
Written by Guest, 21.10.2015 at 15:11

Before you read on, this is not a post about SM - rather the CW scene and competitive community as a whole. SM itself have been an active and strong community since 2012 and many of us are unwilling to let CWs die so easily.

Now this may seem melodramatic coming off the bat but having been on AW for 3 years, I've seen a few things. Back when I got involved in CWing, people would at least CW every 3 or 4 days, then it grew in 2013 when people started playing CWs EVERY DAY. 2014 was even better with about 10-15 CWs on a single day at one point.

Now we sit here with 13 days of no CWs, and for what? HTML5? No, because you can't adapt to HTML5, sure it's pretty crappy ATM but it can only improve. (and anyone that knows me, knows that turn 13 is best turn)

What are you doing then Mr.Stryko, gonna just shout at us? No. I have discussed with SM and we have decided to split (in half), I will be making another clan whereby we can CW each other, if you guys want to help us then get your bands back together and lets have some fun. Recruit new members and introduce them to the CW scene and any new players reading this join a clan! When you CW you'll get the feeling those MLG players do, even on this small game called AW.

Anyways say what you want about AW but it's not dead, you are dead.

also always remember stryko stronk!

Nice discussing Stryko, that I have to read on a random post that I have to destroy you in CWs
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

21.10.2015 - 18:35
Stryko
Account deleted
Written by Dbacks, 21.10.2015 at 18:32

Nice discussing Stryko, that I have to read on a random post that I have to destroy you in CWs

log on irc next time n00b
21.10.2015 - 18:44
 Nero
Martians Stalins or Malins Startions pls
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
21.10.2015 - 18:45
Written by Nero, 21.10.2015 at 18:44

Nero's Martians please
----
21.10.2015 - 18:47
Stalin's Nero
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

21.10.2015 - 20:02
Written by Viruslegion, 21.10.2015 at 18:45

Written by Nero, 21.10.2015 at 18:44

Nero's Martians please

full support.

and repped.

and upvoted!
----
21.10.2015 - 20:14
STRYKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
striko
our clan is active for cws but my computer sucks icore2 4year ago last reboot..so no 3rd for cws here so gfy clovis + kill yourself!
Guide:
so means (=)
----
Our next Moments are Tomorrows Memories
21.10.2015 - 20:21
VS and SA have asked for cw honestly as far as i have seen. But i support strykos idea gl

time to bring back competitive cws in aw
----

21.10.2015 - 21:34
A few name suggestions...

Putins Europans (planet Europa)
Yeltsins uranus
Lenins lunartics
Neros intergalactic planetary clan
Star whores
Star kek
Jango Nero
Bomkerfett
The empire strykos back
A galaxy far far away...
A Nero hope
----
21.10.2015 - 22:07
Putins Uranus

...love "the empire strykos back" Phoenix xD
----
21.10.2015 - 23:16
Written by Phoenix, 21.10.2015 at 21:34

The empire strykos back

This.
----

22.10.2015 - 00:58
Written by Guest, 21.10.2015 at 16:05

The greatest feeling in life is doing something that someone said you cannot do.
- kremlin
22.10.2015 - 01:01
Ok srsly stop saying thats the greatest feeling dudes... its like you guys never had sex or taken drugs

Edit: but dont take drugs kids
Edit2: and stay in school
Edit3: and use a condom... no one needs your offspring running around
----
22.10.2015 - 01:04
Written by Goblin, 22.10.2015 at 01:01

Ok srsly stop saying thats the greatest feeling dudes... its like you guys never had sex or taken drugs

My right hand knows this.
22.10.2015 - 01:07
Written by The Tactician, 21.10.2015 at 15:39

As long as SM is alive then competitive AW is. We shall not let this part of AW die, HTML5 is the future, and we embrace the future. Join us if you can take, heil Putin's Martians/Martians Stalins/Putin's Plutonians (I really want this)/Stalin's Venuses/Kremlin's Martians (undecided!).

Amok has said it before he cares little for our competitive minority even though we are the ones who brought this game to where it was. As long as html5 is seen as a way to bring aw to phones there is no room for us, super casual (Phonies) and super competitive ( 5%) do not mix. What we call from development are drastically diferent. They need simplistic control and large images and fonts while that is very counter productive to browser players. The only way this works out is to either sacrifice us for them, or cater to us now and save a dying player base, then once saved port (copy) atwar to phone app markets and make a killing. No game can exsist in one server for both phone and browser I'm sorry. If large developers still can't do it neither can amok. Please share this across forums this message must be sent to amok in a boom not awhisper. He is deluded on how to make this community work. Untill then I can't see myself here anymore on the current route we will all leave and be replaced by filthy phone casuals.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
22.10.2015 - 01:20
Stryko
Account deleted
Written by Helly, 22.10.2015 at 01:07

Amok has said it before he cares little for our competitive minority even though we are the ones who brought this game to where it was. As long as html5 is seen as a way to bring aw to phones there is no room for us, super casual (Phonies) and super competitive ( 5%) do not mix. What we call from development are drastically diferent. They need simplistic control and large images and fonts while that is very counter productive to browser players. The only way this works out is to either sacrifice us for them, or cater to us now and save a dying player base, then once saved port (copy) atwar to phone app markets and make a killing. No game can exsist in one server for both phone and browser I'm sorry. If large developers still can't do it neither can amok. Please share this across forums this message must be sent to amok in a boom not awhisper. He is deluded on how to make this community work. Untill then I can't see myself here anymore on the current route we will all leave and be replaced by filthy phone casuals.

Amok definitely doesn't neglect the AW community, he has a busy life working every day and night for his family and kids - same with Ivan. We need to stay strong, HTML5 is a tough load. Advertising the game is needed with AW and that's what Amok is trying to do (after sacking brendon rip). We can all help by sharing it, I've even shared it on my failbook that I got last week but anyways we're all strong enough to keep this going, have been for the past 3 years anyways
22.10.2015 - 01:45

Amok has said it before he cares little for our competitive minority even though we are the ones who brought this game to where it was.

Are you serious? How many codes did you guys actually add to the game? How much years or how much efforts did you put in this game?

According to this logic we should also include a random African children, because on a even more random and complex chain or events, he made this game possible.

As long as html5 is seen as a way to bring aw to phones there is no room for us, super casual (Phonies) and super competitive ( 5%) do not mix. What we call from development are drastically diferent. They need simplistic control and large images and fonts while that is very counter productive to browser players.

Shortcuts were a nice addition...

But even some of the supposedly "competitive" players disagree with the statements in the above paragraph. Most of the suggestions and implementations comes from the same group of players since the other group simply doesn't have any voice. Just take a look at the ideas & suggestion forum and tell me to which group does most of the threads belongs to...

The only way this works out is to either sacrifice us for them, or cater to us now and save a dying player base, then once saved port (copy) atwar to phone app markets and make a killing.

I think you should review your stats and drag your conclusions better...

Better lose players now but have HTML ready, that wait for SL to be fully unsupported and lose even more players later. It is true however, that many players (me include) would had like a longer deadline for Silverlight, but this decision was made by the administration and there is nothing we can do.

No game can exsist in one server for both phone and browser I'm sorry. If large developers still can't do it neither can amok.

Kingdoms At War (and probably a lot of more games) are a clear objection to this statement. They run just nice in either phone or browser.

Please share this across forums this message must be sent to amok in a boom not awhisper. He is deluded on how to make this community work. Untill then I can't see myself here anymore on the current route we will all leave and be replaced by filthy phone casuals.

That is a good idea, I want to see it happening.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word