Get Premium to hide all ads
24.10.2015 - 20:46
I know Cthulhu has written posts about HW, but I was hoping if anyone could share their thoughts (with justification for those reasons) on the strategy: Hybrid warfare (please share experiences)

Also any expansions, tips, cw or competitive examples of its use would be appreciated.

I don't see the strategy get used very often, besides infrequent cameos with Italy in cw and use in world games by Cthulhu... whyyy is it so under used?
----
24.10.2015 - 20:53
Very very high barrier to entry, sp cost should be lowered drastically. And there are some questions over the efficacy of it, I wouldn't know because I haven't played it... Dat sp man.
24.10.2015 - 22:14
Only person that has experience with it is sos... ask him
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

25.10.2015 - 14:36
My opinion about hw
"useless"
----
"War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."
― Carl von Clausewitz
27.11.2015 - 02:16
I cant see HW on my list of upgrades, am i loosing my mind or is it premium?
27.11.2015 - 05:31
Written by MrWhippy, 27.11.2015 at 02:16

I cant see HW on my list of upgrades, am i loosing my mind or is it premium?

Premium strat along with IF, GC, LB, and DS. The ones listed you don't have to buy with SP though they're unlocked automatically. I hoenstly think HW should too or at least make it a 5-15k sp strat.
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

27.11.2015 - 05:46
Thanks
27.11.2015 - 06:34
Written by The Tactician, 27.11.2015 at 05:31

Premium strat along with IF, GC, LB, and DS. The ones listed you don't have to buy with SP though they're unlocked automatically. I hoenstly think HW should too or at least make it a 5-15k sp strat.

I said it before, I think its high cost could be to prevent from low ranks and noobs to buy it too early.
Besides this strategy is supposed to be luxury after all it was created by the community
----
You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.
Miyamoto Musashi
27.11.2015 - 06:38
Written by Laozi, 27.11.2015 at 06:34

I said it before, I think its high cost could be to prevent from low ranks and noobs to buy it too early.
Besides this strategy is supposed to be luxury after all it was created by the community

The majority of low ranks aren't event premium, so they wouldn't have this option till at least r5. From there the person should've joined a clan or at least get to know strats well enough to know HW isn't as good as SM. I won't lie I still really wanna try HW, but the high cost is preventing me to do so even when I payed money for it. When rank 12s don't buy it then it's not luxury, it's extreme extravagance. You're telling me LB is premium-unlocked but HW needs to be bought? Just why...
----

27.11.2015 - 06:52
Written by The Tactician, 27.11.2015 at 06:38

The majority of low ranks aren't event premium, so they wouldn't have this option till at least r5. From there the person should've joined a clan or at least get to know strats well enough to know HW isn't as good as SM. I won't lie I still really wanna try HW, but the high cost is preventing me to do so even when I payed money for it. When rank 12s don't buy it then it's not luxury, it's extreme extravagance. You're telling me LB is premium-unlocked but HW needs to be bought? Just why...

You misunderstood my post, I wasn't serious with my last line it was completely humoristic.
As for my post I gave my own theory to why the price of this strategy is high, maybe it is right or maybe not.
I don't know I suppose only the admins know.
----
You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.
Miyamoto Musashi
28.11.2015 - 06:43
The strategy is hard by its nature. It requires you to know how to play with 4 (4!) main units, which are militias, infantries, marines and tanks.

> Militias have 4 attack but 2 defense and extra range, so you are ought to attack with them rather than def.
> Infantries have 7 defense and even a cost reduction (like PD), however they have 1 attack forcing you to use them purely for defense.
> Marines have 6 attack but 70 cost. They are purely for attack... and weaker than most of the other strategies's main attack unit.
> Tanks have 9 attack but 130 cost... This is just too high to consider them a main attack unit and I would support either extra range or a cost reduction or both for it. However I'm not sure if either of the changes would really fit the theme of the strategy.

Apart of those 4 you've got submarines, which are more or less useless (besides, forces you to use marines as main unit).

... And the typical strategy of Nerf useless units that aren't even used, like Stealth.

To sum up, the biggest problem is that you can't reuse the unit that you bought to adapt it to another situation... If you buy pure infs hoping to defend a rush and he doesn't rush, that means that you are fucked since there is no way to use that reinf for another thing.
28.11.2015 - 19:52
Delete/remove.
----
29.11.2015 - 08:43
Written by Permamuted, 28.11.2015 at 19:52

Delete/remove.

but the idea behind it is genius, and the theory of the strat is brilliant. combining two styles of warfare, being the in-between of gc and gw... why not try to improve it/make it cheaper rather than deleting it and not replacing it with another strat (unless master plan for new strat) making aw more bland?
----

29.11.2015 - 08:45
But it fails, improving it will only usurp strats either gw or gc, or both. If hw becomes good, then they become obsolete. Desu had a nice replacement strat idea, will see what ppl think of that. Whatever about hw, i don't see much of a future for it.
----
29.11.2015 - 08:51
No because you obviously won't make it have the key factors to either (gc is the added hp, rather keep hw like the old gc and not even reduce cost) and gw is the militia/marine combo (hw militia are for offense with 2 less defense than gw)

eager to see desus strat suggestion, but +1 strat with hw is fine too
----

29.11.2015 - 11:55
Remove sp cost and tank cost nerf
29.11.2015 - 12:49
Last time I remember tophat nerf hw by reducing he's militia defences.
----
Hi
29.11.2015 - 13:13
Written by The Tactician, 29.11.2015 at 08:51

No because you obviously won't make it have the key factors to either (gc is the added hp, rather keep hw like the old gc and not even reduce cost) and gw is the militia/marine combo (hw militia are for offense with 2 less defense than gw)

What is your solution to improve hw? All the suggestions so far in this thread either push it in the direction of either gw or gc. If you choose not to boost the marines tanks inf or miltitia you will not address this strats weaknesses which clovis correctly described. This strat has a nice concept but it will never be competitive. It can't be. It will at best be a novelty/trollstrat.
----
29.11.2015 - 13:36
Written by Permamuted, 29.11.2015 at 13:13

Written by The Tactician, 29.11.2015 at 08:51

What is your solution to improve hw? All the suggestions so far in this thread either push it in the direction of either gw or gc. If you choose not to boost the marines tanks inf or miltitia you will not address this strats weaknesses which clovis correctly described. This strat has a nice concept but it will never be competitive. It can't be. It will at best be a novelty/trollstrat.

For starters make it for no SP or as a 5-15k strat (even though you don't have to pay SP for other prem strats...).

Now your issues are cost, and extreme nerfs. The division of units with cost seems reasonable, but buying tanks is too much. Leave tanks as 120 would be my first fix. Now that helps a bit on offense, and hopefully the marine/militia combo will suffice (not enough for expensive countries tho, don't expect HW Turk). The nerf on infantry attack seems a little strong and renders expansion completely useless, I suggest +1 attack to infantry to at least be able to somewhat utilize them in expansion. From there if you still feel it's unbalanced you can just maybeeee reduce marine cost by another 10. Or...

We could try going outside of the box and introducing a little desert storm in the mix, since we need more heli usage anyway. Heli -30, +2 or 3 range, and has 3 capacity for militia. This isn't only realistic but also fits the theme of the strat, and introduces a new aspect to gameplay that could perhaps turn HW into the strat Tophats (i think) envisioned. It's still expensive like this so a -10 to tank cost would be in order too.

Either way, that wicked SP cost needs to be reduced or make the strat free with prem.
----

07.12.2015 - 01:01
Written by Permamuted, 29.11.2015 at 08:45

But it fails, improving it will only usurp strats either gw or gc, or both. If hw becomes good, then they become obsolete. Desu had a nice replacement strat idea, will see what ppl think of that. Whatever about hw, i don't see much of a future for it.

Despite some of the feedback i actually want to buy it because i think it suits my style of play and instead of deleting strats i think there should be more.

Looking forward to reading Desu's idea
----
07.12.2015 - 19:32
Anti-Maidan
Account deleted
I just beat you with it.
10.12.2015 - 12:46
Meh noobs. hw is perfectly playable. I love playing it at times with ukr in 3 v 3. It has many advantage over pd. Its easier to defend kiev as much as you can as infs are good as pd ones and just as less expensive. Rest all the units are useful in attack. Even with turkey it is perfectly playable. Some guides to this strategy will help beginners try it more often.
----
14.12.2015 - 18:10
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Most of you probably don't remember but the only reason HW even exists was to fuel Tophats' massive ego

Dr. Troll is right it's pretty much useless. Just like Lucky Bastard another joke strategy.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
16.12.2015 - 10:38
Written by The Tactician, 27.11.2015 at 06:38

It was for high rank. A strategy to be played with a general
----
Hi
08.09.2016 - 02:03
I think Hybrid warfare should have cheaper anti air units this would make it interesting.
08.09.2016 - 14:36
 Don
Written by Dbacks, 24.10.2015 at 22:14

Only person that has experience with it is sos... ask him

hm...don
----

Fears are strong
08.09.2016 - 14:38
 Don
HW is the most powerful strat if you know how to use it
----

Fears are strong
08.09.2016 - 16:58
Written by Don, 08.09.2016 at 14:38

HW is the most powerful strat if you know how to use it

upvote. u raped me twice with HW in duel
----
03.12.2016 - 06:20
Written by Guest, 03.12.2016 at 03:53

I like Hw

Nice name steal....
How you getting around the username bug? XD
----

27.01.2017 - 14:17
I m very satisfied with it, suits my style of play with no walling
----
It's scary how many possible genocidal war lords play this game, and i could be one of them
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word