Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Darkmace, 13.11.2015 - 20:08
The Underdogs Tournament

Its pretty simple, if you're Rank 0-4 and wish to play in this tournament you can. We will make sure that there are no high rank players creating new accounts, to insure that the tournament is perfectly fair and balanced to the REAL Rank 0-4's.

What are the rules?
1vs1/ Europe+/ 15 000 Starting Cash/ 3Min/ Extra Cities off (in case players don't have premium)/ Hold for 2 Turns/ 50 Turns Max
Screenshots will have to be submitted (to Darkmace or Clovis1122) by the Winner after each game with full screen showing with players list opened to show who you beat.
If you don't have a screenshot program, use LightShot - For Windows and Mac (Super Easy Download and Ease of Use).

When is it?
Its begins Saturday, November, 21, 2015
Minimum of 10 players, preferably 16.

Prizes
1st Place - 3 Months Premium, a trophy, and a spot on the atWar Hall of Fame thread that will start being updated.
2nd Place - 2 Months Premium, a trophy, and a spot on the atWar Hall of Fame thread that will start being updated.
3rd Place - 1 Months Premium, a trophy, and a spot on the atWar Hall of Fame thread that will start being updated.

Current Players Standings

Try to message your player that you're assigned to 1v1, and set a time/date to have your game (remember to screenshot). If the player you are assigned to 1v1, is in another timezone, please let Darkmace or Clovis1122 know, and we will try our best to re arrange you (if we can).
If your opponent doesn't respond back by the deadlines (1 week - Saturday for each bracket), it's an automatic win for the other player that was active during that time.

Host : Darkmace
Co-Host : Clovis1122
Special Thanks To : Sun Tzu, Phoenix, Glory Of Allyfag
Extra Special Thanks To : Google Chrome - for all his help with set up and advertisement.

Terms of This Tournament
1.1 - If you are a player with an account higher than Rank 5, you may not participate in this tournament. The exception being at the time of you signing up for this tournament, you are Rank 4 or under, and reach Rank 5+ afterwards - that is completely allowed / legitimate (this rule caps at Rank 8)

1.2 - You may not create multiple accounts in hopes of higher chances of winning on one of those accounts.

1.3 - There is no set date on which you will receive your reward - if you win - but it will be distributed as soon as possible.

1.4 - If you're found breaking any of the rules above, it will be an immediate disqualification regardless of what stage the tournament is at.
19.11.2015 - 12:08
Written by Google, 19.11.2015 at 09:01

Written by Guest, 19.11.2015 at 07:08

Ok thanks. Could you give me the link to e Mare's video?

Here is what I would recommend, I am not aware exactly what he is talking about, and when he comes on he will hopefully send it to you.

Quote:
If you don't have a screenshot program, use LightShot - For Windows and Mac (Super Easy Download and Ease of Use).

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=22871
----
19.11.2015 - 15:15
Written by Cold Case, 19.11.2015 at 06:54

Written by probiker0100, 19.11.2015 at 06:49

Written by Cold Case, 19.11.2015 at 06:42

Written by probiker0100, 19.11.2015 at 06:39

Written by Cold Case, 18.11.2015 at 23:49

Written by probiker0100, 18.11.2015 at 21:02

*slowly looks through the list of players determining who might be a challenging opponent and who will be easy to crush*

In any game you in you should always have your worries for any player in any level/rank/experience since you dont know his strategy to attack you ooor defend and kill you on another way.My point is that you should never judge players from games or rank(etc).GL AND HF

Hmm that is very true. So everyone will be marked as challenging then cause I kinda suck at the game.

No pain no gain Dont forget.This is a strategy game!

heh that's true. I'm just wondering, but I've noticed that no one really has favorite strategy as imperialist which is highranked. I'm thinking this might have something to do with it not being all that good even though I use it and I personally don't think it's bad. What is your opinion on it?

My opinion huh?Ok imperialist is a strategy where you can buy anything you in a very low price(especially when you have bought some upgrades related to money)Every strategy in this game has its good stuff and its bad stuff,(to look on strategies and tips and information related to that go to forum>strategy and tips>pick any topic you want to learn ) now imperialist has good the money drop in price of any unit but bad thing is that every unit gets -1 attack.I personally use imperialist in an expensive country(not necessary because you might want to expand and gain more money to produce more).The country i like to go imperialist is turkey because you can and mostly have to make many units to defend and attack.I don't know if i helped but if i didn't then there are some pretty good players you can ask to help you out

Honestly that's pretty helpful and the normal way I like to use it. I've always liked playing as France personally on the Europe map just because its good income, close to other good income countries, and not too little reinforcement areas but of course I've heard a bunch about how Turkey is one of the best places to start.
----
Nothin much to see here folks
19.11.2015 - 21:51
Imperialist seems to work best in Turkey or India, specifically countries that (with extra cities) have those specific cities that can spam 8 units per city every reinforcement turn, and increases from there.
21.11.2015 - 09:52
atlengel
Account deleted
Written by probiker0100, 19.11.2015 at 15:15

Written by Cold Case, 19.11.2015 at 06:54

Written by probiker0100, 19.11.2015 at 06:49

Written by Cold Case, 19.11.2015 at 06:42

Written by probiker0100, 19.11.2015 at 06:39

Written by Cold Case, 18.11.2015 at 23:49

Written by probiker0100, 18.11.2015 at 21:02

*slowly looks through the list of players determining who might be a challenging opponent and who will be easy to crush*

In any game you in you should always have your worries for any player in any level/rank/experience since you dont know his strategy to attack you ooor defend and kill you on another way.My point is that you should never judge players from games or rank(etc).GL AND HF

Hmm that is very true. So everyone will be marked as challenging then cause I kinda suck at the game.

No pain no gain Dont forget.This is a strategy game!

heh that's true. I'm just wondering, but I've noticed that no one really has favorite strategy as imperialist which is highranked. I'm thinking this might have something to do with it not being all that good even though I use it and I personally don't think it's bad. What is your opinion on it?

My opinion huh?Ok imperialist is a strategy where you can buy anything you in a very low price(especially when you have bought some upgrades related to money)Every strategy in this game has its good stuff and its bad stuff,(to look on strategies and tips and information related to that go to forum>strategy and tips>pick any topic you want to learn ) now imperialist has good the money drop in price of any unit but bad thing is that every unit gets -1 attack.I personally use imperialist in an expensive country(not necessary because you might want to expand and gain more money to produce more).The country i like to go imperialist is turkey because you can and mostly have to make many units to defend and attack.I don't know if i helped but if i didn't then there are some pretty good players you can ask to help you out

Honestly that's pretty helpful and the normal way I like to use it. I've always liked playing as France personally on the Europe map just because its good income, close to other good income countries, and not too little reinforcement areas but of course I've heard a bunch about how Turkey is one of the best places to start.

I can play France, Germany, UK, or Spain very well with the Imperialist strategy, especially in the big cities with lots of reinforcements. I can sometimes do well in Turkey depending on how good the other players are.
21.11.2015 - 11:17
Written by Darkmace, 21.11.2015 at 08:53

The bracket will be up later today, just need the Co-Host to make it, and will be up ASAP.

i can make it for you
----
21.11.2015 - 13:54
Angry Chihuahua
Account deleted
Chihuahuas are people too. XD jk

lol nice job checking everyone for the tourney guys, I wasn't sure u were going to.
21.11.2015 - 14:47
Jelly Toast
Account deleted
Gg probiker
21.11.2015 - 17:23
If anyone is an alt. Come forward now and PM that you simply no longer wish to play. Because another check (only random people were checked on the first one) will be done when we have Top 3 players.
Would be quite embarrassing if a Top 3 player had to be disqualified...
----
Be Humble
26.11.2015 - 06:49
I'm a alt !
02.12.2015 - 13:22
atlengel
Account deleted
I won.
02.12.2015 - 13:26
Jelly Toast
Account deleted
I asked my guy for a time, he gave me a time that was not fitting for me, i then PMed him asking him for another time, and he said: I can play now. ofc i got on as soon as i saw the message and he was off . I cant get this guy in a match.
Help me. Im trying...

He cant just say NOW and claim im not there it isnt fair to me.
06.12.2015 - 12:07
Everyone has been messaged, check your message box's. I made it clear that your game must be done by this Saturday, extensions can only be givin if a a date is set for Sunday - otherwise the player that made the most effort to have the game will get the free win.

Good Luck!
----
Be Humble
13.12.2015 - 21:51
atlengel
Account deleted
Ohm is now rank 6... I'm not sure what to make of it. Rule 1.1 of the Tournament used to say the rule for exceptions caps at Rank 6... but it was apparently changed to that exceptions cap at Rank 8...
15.12.2015 - 10:12
atlengel
Account deleted
I beat Jelly Toast.
15.12.2015 - 10:13
Jelly Toast
Account deleted
Boy iwas dumb but gg anyways
16.12.2015 - 08:11
atlengel
Account deleted
I lost in the final. Well, what do you expect when a rank 6 is in a tourney for rank 0-4s. I got crushed. I don't think it was fair to allow Ohm in the tourney after he became a rank 6. The tourney is supposed to be for underdogs. Darkmace, you said that
Written by Darkmace, 13.12.2015 at 22:38

...we should not kick a player out because they are active, it would go against the point of this tourney.

The point of this tourney is for underdogs. Not for watching underdogs get beat up by rank 6s. I don't see how you could have expected any rank 0-4s to beat a rank 6.
16.12.2015 - 08:21
Hi Atlengel, I am sorry for feeling bad after fighting me. You fought really well and I believe you can be a very good player if you keep it up. There are a few things I noticed when we played. 1. You built 6 transport ships and attacked my infantry with infantry. This is a bad move. 2. You didn't expand at all, you just attacked me with one big stack. 3. You left your capital empty and kept sending infantry towards me, instead of focusing on expansion. With regards to my rank: I simply joined this game 1 month ago or so and got a bit obsessed with it. Therefore, I played a lot of games and got better. I dueled a lot of rank 5,6,7,8 and learned a lot. You should do the same and fight me again in the future.
16.12.2015 - 08:29
atlengel
Account deleted
Written by JADRAN., 16.12.2015 at 08:21

Hi Atlengel, I am sorry for feeling bad after fighting me. You fought really well and I believe you can be a very good player if you keep it up. There are a few things I noticed when we played. 1. You built 6 transport ships and attacked my infantry with infantry. This is a bad move. 2. You didn't expand at all, you just attacked me with one big stack. 3. You left your capital empty and kept sending infantry towards me, instead of focusing on expansion. With regards to my rank: I simply joined this game 1 month ago or so and got a bit obsessed with it. Therefore, I played a lot of games and got better. I dueled a lot of rank 5,6,7,8 and learned a lot. You should do the same and fight me again in the future.

I'd like to play you again in the future. Thanks for the tips. Not trying to cause any trouble, I just don't think a Rank 6 should be allowed in a tourney for Rank 0-4s. Good game.
16.12.2015 - 11:25
I was rank 3 when i joined. Didn't have time to waste by staying rank 3 forever
16.12.2015 - 15:12
Written by JADRAN., 16.12.2015 at 08:21

simply joined this game 1 month ago or so and got a bit obsessed with it.

Get used to this xD
----
16.12.2015 - 15:27
Written by Guest, 16.12.2015 at 08:11

The point of this tourney is for underdogs. Not for watching underdogs get beat up by rank 6s. I don't see how you could have expected any rank 0-4s to beat a rank 6.

It still fit the guide lines though, he was under rank 5 when he started. and it wouldn't be fair to say, "No you cant play atWar and rank up". So it still was for underdogs, everyone had the same time to rank up. I understand your point of view, but controlling how much someone plays the game is not what this tourney was created for, at least you get 2 months premium. More than I ever have
----
Be Humble
29.12.2015 - 09:55
Written by Darkmace, 27.12.2015 at 11:06

The remaining players have been given till next Saturday for 3rd place. Both players are having time zone issues. If they can't not work out a time by than, no one will win 3rd place. Instead the both players will be awarded 2 week Premiums to make up for it.
Since it is not possible to give one of them 3rd place as they are both making efforts to have their game.

but JellyToast has a way better name....
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

31.12.2015 - 14:23
Tournament is over. Thanks everybody for playing!

31.12.2015 - 15:52
Thanks Clovis and Darkmace for making this happen, seems it IS indeed possible to do tourneys for noobs.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word