Get Premium to hide all ads
03.01.2016 - 12:28
I've been thinking about this for a while. In order to keep the game simple and diverse, we have to move on from the mere standard units to medieval or futurist weapons, maybe even imaginary troops. Also to prepare them to the adversities in scenarios. I think the following settings would allow the adaptation to a new map/scenario greatly.

1. Events.

Nothing more painful that when you're about to win in a scenario and a suddenly event comes in and changes everything... Having a list with all the scenario events, where each event includes who get it and how much troops he get would help greatly.

2. Units note.

How about those people who attacks an unit without knowing that the unit have superb stats? This is the case for most of europe players that comes to a scenario. I think lighting the cities in which an unit with more than 25 defense stat or more than 20 HP (or both!) would alert the player to think his attacks better.

3. Bring back the finance button!

In Silverlight you could see the finances of a country before the game start. This gives you a rough indicator of the income that you will have with that scenario side. We really don't want to pick an expensive strategy while playing a poor scenario side!

4. Allow us to see which type of units we can build.

Who else had gone Sky Menace in a map without planes? Picking strategies depends on which type of units we can use. Allowing us to see which type of units we can build beforehand would help a lot to pick an strategy. It could be either by letting us (on pick phase) to click on a city to see which units can be bought there, or by letting us see in which countries an unit can be acquired.

5. More suggestions are welcome
03.01.2016 - 17:42
I agree that there should be a page where it shows live streaming of games in the lobby
04.01.2016 - 04:10
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by clovis1122, 03.01.2016 at 12:28

I've been thinking about this for a while. In order to keep the game simple and diverse, we have to move on from the mere standard units to medieval or futurist weapons, maybe even imaginary troops. Also to prepare them to the adversities in scenarios. I think the following settings would allow the adaptation to a new map/scenario greatly.

OK, these are all valid. But for Events, wouldn't it make more sense for them to stay hidden, rather than being able to peek into the future?
#2 can be solved by looking at the Units menu and noting which units have extraordinary stats.
#4 can also be solved by opening the Units menu? Perhaps I could list countries there somewhere, if a unit is restricted to certain countries.
#3 not sure I understand this. Finances menu only shows your personal finances - for that you need to acquire the countries first.
04.01.2016 - 04:37
Written by Ivan, 04.01.2016 at 04:10

Written by clovis1122, 03.01.2016 at 12:28

OK, these are all valid. But for Events, wouldn't it make more sense for them to stay hidden, rather than being able to peek into the future?

How about an option to hide or show events which the mapmaker can change, because usually in scenarios you fight with knowledge of the events/units rather than skill. Once you've played it once you know the important events anyway.
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

04.01.2016 - 04:47
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by The Tactician, 04.01.2016 at 04:37

How about an option to hide or show events which the mapmaker can change, because usually in scenarios you fight with knowledge of the events/units rather than skill. Once you've played it once you know the important events anyway.

Alright, I'll consider it. But although it sounds simple, adding a new menu with a list of events is quite a bit of work. Have to prioritize.
04.01.2016 - 06:37
1.Sometimes that's the point
2.Agree
3.Agree
4.There's a list of units, but I suppose you mean if your country doesn't have planes and another one does. In that case, I was thinking of implementing the "countries" board of the mapmaker to the game itself. There you can see a list of all countries, their incomes, reinfs, cities and all units available to them.
----
Someone Better Than You
04.01.2016 - 07:29
Written by Ivan, 04.01.2016 at 04:10

#3 not sure I understand this. Finances menu only shows your personal finances - for that you need to acquire the countries first.

Even though you acquire the country, you can't see how much it produces before the game start. For example, let's say I'm playing a WW1 and I pick France:

In Silverlight I could click in the finance button at this step to see how much income in total France produces. In HTML you can't do it, making it hard to decide whenever I should use an expensive strategy or a cheap strategy.

Adding the "cities" button at this step would also be good, it showed how much "possible" (a bit inaccurate most of the times) reinforcements you have in each city. Sometimes is more than the militias or units that you can see in the screen.
04.01.2016 - 07:39
Written by Zephyrusu, 04.01.2016 at 06:37

4.There's a list of units, but I suppose you mean if your country doesn't have planes and another one does.

Yes I mean this.

Written by The Tactician, 04.01.2016 at 04:37

Tact is right here. Those who already know the events beforehand have a very big advantage over those who doesn't. I had also viewed the idea of "hidden" events but the problem remains that, once you know them, they aren't so "hidden" anymore. True hidden events can only be implemented if there is a kind of randomness in how the events are show (such as Trigger Events) , but this is a rather complicated concept that would take some time to design and implement.
04.01.2016 - 07:47

please gives us unit type for unit description in city. some you don't scroll down horendous endless amount of unit in the unit tabs. hurts my eye. This will be helpful to see if my strategy affected any of these units.
----
Hi
04.01.2016 - 07:47
Ground:main ground:other for example ^
----
Hi
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word