Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Ivan, 26.01.2016 - 07:18
I've heard from quite a few players how much they hated moving to the Main room after Beginners at rank 5. Getting completely slaughtered, arrogant high-rank players, leaving friends behind (who are still below rank 5) and so on. This is not fun, and there must be a solution to it.

I believe it's been proposed by Pulse to have automatic rank limits in games. For example, if a rank 0 player creates a game, the limit will be set to 0-3 by default. For rank 5 it might be 3-7 and so on. These default values can still be changed on the initial game settings screen.

With that in mind, room limits might be broadened, with larger overlap to allow for smoother transition.

What do you think? Will it work? What are the potential downsides? What should the default limits be for various ranks? What should be the new room limits?
11.02.2016 - 13:41
njab
Account deleted
Written by Nations, 11.02.2016 at 04:35

I completely 100% absolutelly agree. Once I became R5, I saw I will be slaughtered. I was working hard, somehow became R6, then R7... bought premium and became R8. After that, everything was going easily.
11.02.2016 - 14:49
I don't like the idea of letting them set rank limit either. Is phone to abuse, specially when you're rank 8 and put something like "Rank 0 to 8". That already ruins competition when some players farm ELO in that way....
11.02.2016 - 15:04
I agree with Clovis
----
11.02.2016 - 23:38
Written by Goblin, 11.02.2016 at 15:04

I agree with Clovis

I thought you were gonna say rush is the answer to everything...
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

12.02.2016 - 01:24
Written by Dbacks, 11.02.2016 at 23:38

I agree with Clovis

That would be true if it was a solution against the mighty dbacks... but you cap and then 70 marines appear out of nowhere
----
12.02.2016 - 01:53
Written by Goblin, 12.02.2016 at 01:24

Written by Dbacks, 11.02.2016 at 23:38

I agree with Clovis

That would be true if it was a solution against the mighty dbacks... but you cap and then 70 marines appear out of nowhere

eh shit happens
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

17.02.2016 - 00:18
Written by clovis1122, 11.02.2016 at 14:49

I don't like the idea of letting them set rank limit either. Is phone to abuse, specially when you're rank 8 and put something like "Rank 0 to 8". That already ruins competition when some players farm ELO in that way....

Let them set ranks but force it to allow players upto 2 ranks above? for example 1 could fight 3, 4 could fight 6?

and I am ALL FOR GETTING RID OF BEGINNERS ROOM most my friends I played with in begginers room near stopped playing cause group of us got split between the 2 rooms and just became less fun I know doesn't take long to reach r5 but when only play maybe a game a day or so it can take a bit
----
The best players are those who think outside the box and aren't afraid to try something new
17.02.2016 - 07:12
Written by Exo-K, 17.02.2016 at 00:18

most my friends I played with in begginers room near stopped playing cause group of us got split between the 2 rooms and just became less fun I know doesn't take long to reach r5 but when only play maybe a game a day or so it can take a bit

You do know that you can play in main room since rank 3?

Currently, rank 5 is only the limit... But anyway, if my proposal was implemented you guys could hold at beginner room until you feel strong enough to move forward.

That is how it works in S4 league...
17.02.2016 - 09:53
Idk what you are talking about, i got to rank 5 back in late 2013 and i didnt feel that this was such a terrible problem.

sure, it was more difficult to win games, especially against higher ranks, but i soon started to catch up on some strategies, i started trying to predict people and i got my first few expansions in empire (noob clan back then) and evol. this quickly lead to not being raped. maybe clans should be advertised to low ranks but idk
----

18.02.2016 - 00:21
Written by clovis1122, 17.02.2016 at 07:12

Written by Exo-K, 17.02.2016 at 00:18

most my friends I played with in begginers room near stopped playing cause group of us got split between the 2 rooms and just became less fun I know doesn't take long to reach r5 but when only play maybe a game a day or so it can take a bit

You do know that you can play in main room since rank 3?

Currently, rank 5 is only the limit... But anyway, if my proposal was implemented you guys could hold at beginner room until you feel strong enough to move forward.

That is how it works in S4 league...

most felt community was kinda cancer yeah you can enter main by r3 I think maybe an incentive to?
----
The best players are those who think outside the box and aren't afraid to try something new
22.02.2016 - 19:21
When I was a rank 5 there were far fewer rank 8,9,10 etc. I felt pretty epic when I hit 8 and 9. Then I left for a while. When I came back r9's were everywhere. It's harder now for new players than it was before. Maybe an optional intermediate room, ranks 5 - 7, but still allowing them to be eligible for main room action. That would give them a"difficulty setting" that keeps them from roflsmashing r1-4s, but still gives them somewhere to hide when they get sick of getting roflsmashed by rank 8,9,10s etc.
27.02.2016 - 00:04
Eh........ it isnt that bad playing in main lobby. I learned how to actually DO stuff and figured out how to get troops moved quickly from seeing what other people did. I mainly learned from knez youtube and that helped IMMENSELY, along with the master of stealth demonstration. I still get destroyed but now at least I know HOW I got destroyed lol.
----
The enemy is in front of us, the enemy is behind us, the enemy is to the right and left of us. They cant get away this time! - General Douglas Mcarthur

27.02.2016 - 11:42
Written by Checkmate., 27.02.2016 at 00:04

Eh........ it isnt that bad playing in main lobby. I learned how to actually DO stuff and figured out how to get troops moved quickly from seeing what other people did. I mainly learned from krell's youtube and that helped IMMENSELY, along with the master of stealth demonstration. I still get destroyed but now at least I know HOW I got destroyed lol.

LOL I love your post
If you ever need any help, you can either ask it on forums or simply ask me directly!
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

27.02.2016 - 14:33
Haha I will keep that in mind
----
The enemy is in front of us, the enemy is behind us, the enemy is to the right and left of us. They cant get away this time! - General Douglas Mcarthur

28.02.2016 - 21:16
Written by Ivan, 26.01.2016 at 07:18

I've heard from quite a few players how much they hated moving to the Main room after Beginners at rank 5. Getting completely slaughtered, arrogant high-rank players, leaving friends behind (who are still below rank 5) and so on. This is not fun, and there must be a solution to it.

I believe it's been proposed by Pulse to have automatic rank limits in games. For example, if a rank 0 player creates a game, the limit will be set to 0-3 by default. For rank 5 it might be 3-7 and so on. These default values can still be changed on the initial game settings screen.

With that in mind, room limits might be broadened, with larger overlap to allow for smoother transition.

What do you think? Will it work? What are the potential downsides? What should the default limits be for various ranks? What should be the new room limits?

What about an expert room? Rank 10+.

Default 2x SP on every game, and -5000 SP for leaving or surrendering.

This might help alleviate some of the high ranks from the main lobby. To encourage players to play on it, you can give a stat for number of "expert" games win.
02.03.2016 - 08:37
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by Cthulhu, 28.02.2016 at 21:16

This might help alleviate some of the high ranks from the main lobby. To encourage players to play on it, you can give a stat for number of "expert" games win.

The Main room is currently rather empty during certain times, splitting it further would only deepen the problem.
02.03.2016 - 23:16
Written by Ivan, 02.03.2016 at 08:37

The Main room is currently rather empty during certain times, splitting it further would only deepen the problem.

What about a multiplier based on rank difference?

-0.1 per level lower.
(maybe +0.1 per 5 ranks higher, i'm afraid it might be prone to abuse if we do +0.1 per level higher)

So a rank 10 vs. rank 10 would gain 1x SP.
A rank 10 vs. rank 5 would gain 0.5x SP
A rank 10 vs. rank 0 would gain 0x SP
03.03.2016 - 00:22
Written by Cthulhu, 02.03.2016 at 23:16

Written by Ivan, 02.03.2016 at 08:37

What about a multiplier based on rank difference?

-0.1 per level lower.
(maybe +0.1 per 5 ranks higher, i'm afraid it might be prone to abuse if we do +0.1 per level higher)

So a rank 10 vs. rank 10 would gain 1x SP.
A rank 10 vs. rank 5 would gain 0.5 SP
A rank 10 vs. rank 0 would gain 0 SP

0.5 SP and above is automatically rounded off to 1 SP according to Game Mechanics so that still ends up giving the Rank 10 player 1 SP whether he plays a Rank 10 like himself, or a Rank 5.
----

04.03.2016 - 12:19
WHY I AS RANK 9 CAN'T MAKE GAME FOR RANK 15 ?
Now I can't farm mauzer
----
No such thing as a good girl, you are just not the right guy.

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word