Get Premium to hide all ads
01.02.2016 - 18:55
With some games on atWar taking between 4-10 hours to complete in 'Quick Game' I think it is unhealthy for people to be fixed in 1 position for that amount of time, without losing valuable game time. I suggest a break proposal button for players to request an amount of time placing the game on hold. I think this has been suggested before, however couldn't find the article. Thoughts please?
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
01.02.2016 - 19:07
Whoaaa, Sun is not only our Admin, hes also our Doctor..

Well, Dr.Tzu, I completely agree with your suggestion (which was proposed before, but without any bigger effect). There is nothing in it that can affect negatively on the game, but opposite, players will surely appreciate that.
I support it
----

02.02.2016 - 01:32
Support
02.02.2016 - 01:36
Make it like poker tournament, automatic 3-5 min breaks after 20-25 turns, if everyone click on "I m ready" game restarts before the said time
----
Seule la victoire est belle
02.02.2016 - 04:15
Written by Kraigg, 02.02.2016 at 01:36

Make it like poker tournament, automatic 3-5 min breaks after 20-25 turns, if everyone click on "I m ready" game restarts before the said time

I have always thought compulsary breaks of 5 minutes of 1 hour of game time is a must.
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
02.02.2016 - 06:41
http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=17375

support, it can be either an automatic break, or one proposed and unanimously agreed by all the players. A break everytime the server disconnect would'be cool too.

In each case we could:

1) Stop the timer (change game to 48 hours if not possible to stop the timer) after the current turn ends, and let the players in the battlescreen. Hide the "start turn" button so players can't start it (they can still talk, check battles, cities for income, etc).

2) Now I can't see any easy implementation for stop the game while the turn is running, so the best would'be to simply repeat the turn in which the pause was made, and apply the above situation changes. No need to show the battle screen in this case, just stop timer or change to 48h and hide the starting turn button.

3) breaks need to have a defined time so they can't be exploited easy by players that lost and want to stall the game. It should also be void if the players in the game unanimously agree to quit the break and play.
02.02.2016 - 07:29
 Ivan (Admin)
The easiest way to code this would be to temporary change turn time for one turn (with everyone's agreement, of course) - to 10 min, an hour or even 24 hours. Next turn will then start when the timer expires or everyone clicks 'End turn' (though this wouldn't work for very long breaks).
02.02.2016 - 07:40
Written by Sun Tsu, 01.02.2016 at 18:55

With some games on atWar taking between 4-10 hours to complete in 'Quick Game' I think it is unhealthy for people to be fixed in 1 position for that amount of time, without losing valuable game time. I suggest a break proposal button for players to request an amount of time placing the game on hold. I think this has been suggested before, however couldn't find the article. Thoughts please?

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=11249

i support ofc. Something like this would be great. Right now if a mod is around you can change the game to casual. Maybe just make that possible for players with unanimous agreement.
----
02.02.2016 - 07:52
Written by Ivan, 02.02.2016 at 07:29

The easiest way to code this would be to temporary change turn time for one turn (with everyone's agreement, of course) - to 10 min, an hour or even 24 hours. Next turn will then start when the timer expires or everyone clicks 'End turn' (though this wouldn't work for very long breaks).

The problem is that this implementation would let the players to do their moves instead of taking the "break". That can be unpractical for 1 minutes game or theses big Eurasia 5k 2 minutes games, where managing time is part of the game.

Perhaps making the break an option available for premium, in which every X turns the game add X more minutes to the time of that turn. Easy to implement, wouldn't work in theses fast-paced games but wouldn't damage them either.
02.02.2016 - 11:51
Colonel Hogan
Account deleted
Support.
02.02.2016 - 14:16
Written by clovis1122, 02.02.2016 at 07:52

Written by Ivan, 02.02.2016 at 07:29

The problem is that this implementation would let the players to do their moves instead of taking the "break". That can be unpractical for 1 minutes game or theses big Eurasia 5k 2 minutes games, where managing time is part of the game.

Perhaps making the break an option available for premium, in which every X turns the game add X more minutes to the time of that turn. Easy to implement, wouldn't work in theses fast-paced games but wouldn't damage them either.

I made a thread similar to that ages ago lemme see if I can find that

edit: http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=9370
02.02.2016 - 15:27
Yeah, sitting too long causes sleeplessness (blue screen turns off certain hormones) and heart disease.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word