Get Premium to hide all ads
06.12.2011 - 18:05
For example, I think french guiana should be captureable. I cant think of any others... but they should be capturable in order to add more to the region they are in.
06.12.2011 - 18:10
 KYBL
Or even just add a French city there. Also, add East Timor.
----

06.12.2011 - 18:59
Written by KYBL, 06.12.2011 at 18:10

Or even just add a French city there. Also, add East Timor.

Adding a french city will just serve to make france a prime starting location in world games.
06.12.2011 - 19:03
Just as Alaska and Hawaii, French Guiana could be add as a separate and independent territory with it's own capital.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
06.12.2011 - 19:16
 KYBL
@Natteh

Not really...

Mainland France is so vulnerable to attack from Spain, Italy, Germany and Britain that even with the extra French Guyana city, it would still be a crappy start.
----

06.12.2011 - 19:41
France is far from a crappy start, it's one of the best place in europe. I agree that french oversea terrytory should not be a part of France for balance reason. A good idea could be to split France in 4 regions.

1: France : Actual cities but Lille and Strasbourg instead of Toulouse and Nantes would be useful I think
2: Reunion: 1 city
3. Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guyane française: 1 city in guadeloupe, 1 in martinique and 1 in guyane française
4. Nouvelle-Calédonie, Polynésie française: Nouméa in Nouvelle-Calédonie and Pappeete on the Tahiti island

Adding every cities with more than 100 000 people in each small islands of the world could be a great idea for strategic and entertaining reason.
06.12.2011 - 19:51
Written by KYBL, 06.12.2011 at 19:16

@Natteh

Not really...

Mainland France is so vulnerable to attack from Spain, Italy, Germany and Britain that even with the extra French Guyana city, it would still be a crappy start.

I used to used France alot, It's honestly the best Euro start if Germany isnt IF and someone didn't spawn UK.
06.12.2011 - 20:00
Written by Cardinal Ouellet, 06.12.2011 at 19:41

France is far from a crappy start, it's one of the best place in europe. I agree that french oversea terrytory should not be a part of France for balance reason. A good idea could be to split France in 4 regions.

1: France : Actual cities but Lille and Strasbourg instead of Toulouse and Nantes would be useful I think
2: Reunion: 1 city
3. Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guyane française: 1 city in guadeloupe, 1 in martinique and 1 in guyane française
4. Nouvelle-Calédonie, Polynésie française: Nouméa in Nouvelle-Calédonie and Pappeete on the Tahiti island

Adding every cities with more than 100 000 people in each small islands of the world could be a great idea for strategic and entertaining reason.

Except that most of those arent identified as french territory to begin with in the game...
06.12.2011 - 20:17
Like every others offshore teritory what is the problem with this?
I only think that if the staff add a city in french guyanna it should not be a lot more complicated to add others french territory.

Others countries should be represented too but currently the biggest problem is with France. Others ex-european colonialist don't have any populated colonies today.

Independant country that should be in the game

Timor Leste
Mauritius
Maldives
Barbados
Trinidad and Tobago
Cape Verde
Sao tomé and Principe
South Sudan
I think is all
Others countries ----->Don't have a city that have more than 100 000 of population
06.12.2011 - 20:34
Written by Cardinal Ouellet, 06.12.2011 at 20:17

Like every others offshore teritory what is the problem with this?
I only think that if the staff add a city in french guyanna it should not be a lot more complicated to add others french territory.

Others countries should be represented too but currently the biggest problem is with France. Others ex-european colonialist don't have any populated colonies today.

Independant country that should be in the game

Timor Leste
Mauritius
Maldives
Barbados
Trinidad and Tobago
Cape Verde
Sao tomé and Principe
South Sudan
I think is all
Others countries ----->Don't have a city that have more than 100 000 of population

I say screw the islands, I want Greenland. And Westartica. : )
06.12.2011 - 20:47
Humm its your opinion but seriously i would prefer to have islands than one unuseful city in groenland.......
09.12.2011 - 09:12
Heck while you're out there changing all that why not redo the U.S.? Maybe have there be a north and south pacific coast, and you could make the american south expand to contain more of the southern states, or change it to a south-east region.
09.12.2011 - 09:23
Written by noodlyembrace, 09.12.2011 at 09:12

Heck while you're out there changing all that why not redo the U.S.? Maybe have there be a north and south pacific coast, and you could make the american south expand to contain more of the southern states, or change it to a south-east region.

Except that its based on this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_of_the_United_States
09.12.2011 - 09:31
Welp, the government is epitome of efficiency, so I suppose we might as well model it off of their system.
09.12.2011 - 09:35
Written by noodlyembrace, 09.12.2011 at 09:31

Welp, the government is epitome of efficiency, so I suppose we might as well model it off of their system.

Everything is based off real world st00f.
09.12.2011 - 11:22
Written by Garde, 06.12.2011 at 19:51

I used to used France alot, It's honestly the best Euro start if Germany isnt IF and someone didn't spawn UK.

Best start unless two of the most popular starting countries are picked. France is only good if you're facing Spain.

Also, having a City in Guyana attached to France is a terrible idea for game balance reasons; Firstly the 'Capture all Cities/Total Domination' modes (Which are utterly ridiculous in their own right) would just be the most trolly thing in a Europe game just because you'd have to sail all the way to South America to finish them off.
Secondly, you could say that Guyana would make France a great pick on World Games, however it would be near impossible to keep a full country bonus if there were any players in the Americas not to mention an extreme hassle to get a full country bonus for France if you were taking over Europe.

Really the current setup of no city in Guyana is the best choice.

Also, this is more personal because it's my opinion, but making loads of 'interesting' 1 population islands utterly detracts from the accuracy of the game. As it stands tiny nations are overblown in terms of military power already wheras genuinely huge cities like Lagos, Tokyo or Mexico city are stuck at an arbitrary cap. If this cap was removed and cities/countries could more accuractely reflect their actual population and production then I'd be all for chucking in loads more cities and countries, but until then it's probably not in the interests of any player except yourself.
----
Written by Amok, 29.04.2012 at 08:36

Gardevoir, your obnoxiousness really baffles me sometimes...just leave for good already or stop whining.
09.12.2011 - 14:03
Written by Barrymore, 09.12.2011 at 11:22

Written by Garde, 06.12.2011 at 19:51

Best start unless two of the most popular starting countries are picked. France is only good if you're facing Spain.

Also, having a City in Guyana attached to France is a terrible idea for game balance reasons; Firstly the 'Capture all Cities/Total Domination' modes (Which are utterly ridiculous in their own right) would just be the most trolly thing in a Europe game just because you'd have to sail all the way to South America to finish them off.
Secondly, you could say that Guyana would make France a great pick on World Games, however it would be near impossible to keep a full country bonus if there were any players in the Americas not to mention an extreme hassle to get a full country bonus for France if you were taking over Europe.

Really the current setup of no city in Guyana is the best choice.

Also, this is more personal because it's my opinion, but making loads of 'interesting' 1 population islands utterly detracts from the accuracy of the game. As it stands tiny nations are overblown in terms of military power already wheras genuinely huge cities like Lagos, Tokyo or Mexico city are stuck at an arbitrary cap. If this cap was removed and cities/countries could more accuractely reflect their actual population and production then I'd be all for chucking in loads more cities and countries, but until then it's probably not in the interests of any player except yourself.

I've played France v Germany and Frace v U.K, but U.K - Germany v France is impossible. With France, all you must do is block your foe first thing, send 2 air trans full of strong enough units to Italy or spain and U.K or Germany, once you take two other power countries, you'll have enough funds and units to topple your foe. France is more of an advanced player's country, but it can be very noob-friendly if the particular player know's what he/she is doing.
09.12.2011 - 14:13
Germany is better than France in a 1v1;
UK is better than France in a 1v1;

You can't count first turnblock as a normal tactic, this is cheap and it has nothing to do with picks. If we are taking turnblocks into account, even Spain or Italy can easily win against France, for example.

Now, back on topic (as I hope everyone keeps from now on):

Giving a city oustide Europe to any country in name of a more realistic view would totally unbalance the game mechanics, as Barrymore has already stated in his post. In the other hand, I will repeat what I already said, but without any answer.

Written by Pinheiro, 06.12.2011 at 19:03

Just as Alaska and Hawaii, French Guiana could be add as a separate and independent territory with it's own capital.

Wouldn't it be easier, simpler and still balanced?
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word