Get Premium to hide all ads
08.12.2011 - 20:28
Alright, so- we have a problem. The lobby as we know it, is full of spam and the likes. Some people just want to play the game, and not have to sit around and wait and have to deal with friends late-joining you. So- I think maybe, when you log onto afterwind, it can start you off at your own personal dashboard. Tabs for stats, medals, trophies, scenarios, etc. On the top of the list would be an option for finding a match- it searches the system for newly made games that need players. Players then connect etc. You know the drill. We could replace chat with either chat rooms or universal chat options. Maybe chat could be minimized as well. I think this could work for many reasons, but not yet. Once the community gets big this would work, but as of now it can't because of only 100 or so dedicated members. Once its much larger, this seems like a good alternative. Just thought i'd put it out there though.
08.12.2011 - 20:45
I always think your ideas are only relevant to you, but I'm surprised this one actually includes you being in a game. I don't like this idea though, I believe it is fine as is.
----
Written by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Written by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

08.12.2011 - 21:10
 KYBL
>Turn off room chat

Problem solved
----

08.12.2011 - 21:15
Written by KYBL, 08.12.2011 at 21:10

>Turn off room chat

Problem solved

Turning off room chat isn't a solution. Because what if they start spamming global? then you turn off global. Ignore them? They make secondary accounts. There is no solution that fits what you said.
08.12.2011 - 21:24
 KYBL
Go with turning off global androom. I doubt that anyone is trying to spam you specifically.
----

08.12.2011 - 21:25
Is it just me or do other people not understand this idea at all?
09.12.2011 - 09:38
Seems a little unneccessary. If you really don't want to talk to anyone you could just turn off all your chat and sitaloneindark.
09.12.2011 - 12:32
 YOBA
Nah, you should never be forced to turn off room of global due to excessive spam. That would lead to you not engaging with other players whether in or out of a game and Afterwind is a very social experience.

As for a personal dashboard... I don't think there's enough screen capacity for that to be fair unless you want to change around the whole art style of AW. I don't think chat should be minimised, Afterwind is a very social experience and having it constantly up forces you to engage with others which can lead not only to loyalty (because people make friends) but also intriguing games with alliances (but not alliancefags).

Overall? Mods, censor the right things. Not civil conversation.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
09.12.2011 - 21:48
Written by YOBA, 09.12.2011 at 12:32

Nah, you should never be forced to turn off room of global due to excessive spam. That would lead to you not engaging with other players whether in or out of a game and Afterwind is a very social experience.

As for a personal dashboard... I don't think there's enough screen capacity for that to be fair unless you want to change around the whole art style of AW. I don't think chat should be minimised, Afterwind is a very social experience and having it constantly up forces you to engage with others which can lead not only to loyalty (because people make friends) but also intriguing games with alliances (but not alliancefags).

Overall? Mods, censor the right things. Not civil conversation.

My point is, i'm sick of seeing "-.-.-.-.-.-"x99 in room chat, and "Pera Umad" in global every day. The mods have specific times that they are on, and sadly a good chunk of some days they aren't.
09.12.2011 - 22:36
Just put them on your ignore list and turn off chats. a personal dashboard is really not viable and if you get bothered by spam you have an issue
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word