Get Premium to hide all ads

Poll

Do you think AIs should be added to AtWar

Yes, AIs would be awesome
No, I don't care about AIs

Total votes: 32
15.02.2016 - 13:28
I think AIs should be added to Atwar since sometimes it could be a long process of finding players to play your games. AIs would make small games larger, and eliminate the large wait time for forming games.
15.02.2016 - 13:32
AI would be super easy to beat, even boring.
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

15.02.2016 - 13:33
Not if you can customize their difficulty
15.02.2016 - 17:39
Even at max dificulty, it's still AI... try to program it yourself
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

15.02.2016 - 18:22
Machine learning would be the only possible way to make a good AI, and even then there are waaay too many aspects of the game to make a half-decent AI that isnt super-predictable
----

28.04.2022 - 15:25
Even if the ai's ARE easy. Just having the option to use them is good enough. what's the downside?
28.04.2022 - 17:48
 Sid (Admin)
Written by juiceytunes, 28.04.2022 at 15:25

Even if the ai's ARE easy. Just having the option to use them is good enough. what's the downside?

This has been discussed a lot, it hasn't been done because programming even a basic AI would take a lot of time and resources that AtWar's never had. I believe someone said atwar would be especially challenging because there isn't like gridpoints? Might be wrong about that.
29.04.2022 - 09:29
 brianwl (Admin)
Written by Sid, 28.04.2022 at 17:48

... I believe someone said atwar would be especially challenging because there isn't like gridpoints? Might be wrong about that.

This is correct. AW is unique in that it is not tiled (so no grid) ... AI's use algorithms, and so armies in the open field (not in cities) would be difficult to program for an AI to intercept them. {This was Amok's explanation...}

Dave however says it's do-able... but then it gets back to the time commitment.
----

29.04.2022 - 12:09

This has been discussed a lot, it hasn't been done because programming even a basic AI would take a lot of time and resources that AtWar's never had. I believe someone said atwar would be especially challenging because there isn't like gridpoints? Might be wrong about that.

Ah okay. So the downside is that it'd be difficult as hell? Understandable. Sorry for wasting your time!
29.04.2022 - 12:55
 Sid (Admin)
Written by juiceytunes, 29.04.2022 at 12:09

Ah okay. So the downside is that it'd be difficult as hell? Understandable. Sorry for wasting your time!

Nah man, it's a great idea. You didn't waste anyone's time.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word