Get Premium to hide all ads
11.12.2011 - 22:55

The idea- once someone has been active for a set number of days, an automatic email (can be edited by clan founder/leader) is sent to this persons email address, reminding them about their inactivity, and wishing them to come back on. This can also be applied to anyone in Afterwind if the admins would wish to use it.

The pros-
>Less inactivity
>Constant show of care
>Tighter community/clans'

The cons-
>Can be a bit annoying

----

What do you guys' think?
11.12.2011 - 23:33
High Emperor
Account deleted
I like it , I had a mate who is absent for a long time now and so obviosuly i haven't talked to him in ages, and maybe one day he will come back I like the idea mate.
11.12.2011 - 23:38
This can get you blocked as spam by major email services, making registering kind of hard impossible for new players.
----
Written by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Written by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

12.12.2011 - 11:41
Guest66192
Account deleted
Written by Fruit, 11.12.2011 at 23:38

This can get you blocked as spam by major email services, making registering kind of hard impossible for new players.

(This is gard- soz had to log on from school, fb connect doesn't work, will repost later as main account) I know that it could be "spam", but maybe only send 1 per month and send it as something similar to a newletter (so it doesn't register as spam/junk)? only one per month though, after 3 or so automatic sends, it's the clan leader's duty to send an email.
12.12.2011 - 12:17
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by Guest, 12.12.2011 at 11:41

(This is gard- soz had to log on from school, fb connect doesn't work, will repost later as main account) I know that it could be "spam", but maybe only send 1 per month and send it as something similar to a newletter (so it doesn't register as spam/junk)? only one per month though, after 3 or so automatic sends, it's the clan leader's duty to send an email.

Please send me a PM describing the FB connect problem. I've just switched it to the new API today and I'm afraid there might be some hickups (fucking facebook api).
12.12.2011 - 12:22
Guest5527
Account deleted
Written by Ivan, 12.12.2011 at 12:17

Please send me a PM describing the FB connect problem. I've just switched it to the new API today and I'm afraid there might be some hickups (fucking facebook api).

No lol, it's because i'm at school, so it's blocked. I would be able to log on regularly, if I hadn't changed my password to something like 1009437594003837. So FB connect is my only option, sorry for confusing you.

-Gardy
12.12.2011 - 12:55
Written by Guest, 12.12.2011 at 12:22

No lol, it's because i'm at school, so it's blocked. I would be able to log on regularly, if I hadn't changed my password to something like 1009437594003837. So FB connect is my only option, sorry for confusing you.

-Gardy

lol Gardy. Maybe I should give you some tips on Passwords. #1 rule is making it easy to remember like "password". Mainly becuase its too stupid of a password for people to guess. (uh-oh I need to change Pass now, and no its not gonna be my name again for who ever found it out last time)

YGMG (Young Generation Music Group)
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
12.12.2011 - 13:51
Written by Deray YG, 12.12.2011 at 12:55

Written by Guest, 12.12.2011 at 12:22

-Gardy

lol Gardy. Maybe I should give you some tips on Passwords. #1 rule is making it easy to remember like "password". Mainly becuase its too stupid of a password for people to guess. (uh-oh I need to change Pass now, and no its not gonna be my name again for who ever found it out last time)

Lol, it's because a long time ago, back when I wast err...kinda stupid / childish, I made a dumb thread that got me in huge trouble, so I changed my pw and logged out and said I wouldn't log back on. But I can never turn my back on AW, I luvs it too much
12.12.2011 - 13:57
Written by Garde, 12.12.2011 at 13:51

Lol, it's because a long time ago, back when I wast err...kinda stupid / childish, I made a dumb thread that got me in huge trouble, so I changed my pw and logged out and said I wouldn't log back on. But I can never turn my back on AW, I luvs it too much

yeah.......... I was actually dumb enough to give out my password on this thread. (No Joke)

----
I like stuff.... Yay?
12.12.2011 - 14:03
Written by Deray YG, 12.12.2011 at 13:57

Written by Garde, 12.12.2011 at 13:51

yeah.......... I was actually dumb enough to give out my password on this thread. (No Joke)

Gotta remember not to do that
Alright, no more off-topic.

EDIT: To solve "spam" problem, why not make it so somebody inactive can choose not to receive the Emails?
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word