Get Premium to hide all ads
31.01.2011 - 04:19
Hello!

i've noticed something funny in this game,there is bombers but no jet fighter!! ive seen before than ,for the dev, to make a new units, it must be "unique" . so i propose a jet fighter unit who gonna be the nightmare of the bombers (btw ive noticed than bombers can fight each other...o_o).

this unit will be vunerable against anti-aircraft and will be efficient against infantry units
hey will not be able to take a city (like bombers).

hope than ill help.
31.01.2011 - 04:47
 Ivan (Admin)
'Bombers' are called like this because we didn't want to name them 'Planes' or 'Air Unit' In reality, 1 'Bomber' is a whole squadron/escadrille of planes, which would include both bombers and fighters. A bit misleading, perhaps, but if you can come up with a better name, we will consider changing it.
31.01.2011 - 05:25
You know, if each individual unit is suppose to represent an army, why not name them as such?

Tank - Armored Battalion
Infantry - actually this ones pretty vague, but to go with the flow could be like Infantry Division?
Marines - I don't know much about the marines, so eh
Bomber - Air Wing
Battleship - Carrier Battlegroup
Submarine - These typically go solo, so maybe just leaving it as is?

Anyways you get the point, since they're not actually individual tanks or infantry, why not have their names represent this fact?
31.01.2011 - 05:46
 Ivan (Admin)
The answer is 'Tanks' sounds simpler and less confusing than 'Armored Battalion'. Same for Battleship/Carrier Battlegroup and others.
31.01.2011 - 05:50
Yeah well, those could very well be unofficial names. I mean if you see a unit named 'Armored Battalion' and it has a picture of a tank, and it's stack icon is a tank, you'd likely call it a tank. No reason why official stuff can't be slightly more complicated, I mean that's why slangs exist after all. And it would solve a few issues since this isn't the first time I've seen you post that one unit = a small army.
31.01.2011 - 15:01
Well AW is young and on the way of perfection. im sure you will be forced to change name because plenty of player will soon want a "diversification" of the actual units
31.01.2011 - 22:33
Written by Ivan, 31.01.2011 at 04:47

'Bombers' are called like this because we didn't want to name them 'Planes' or 'Air Unit' In reality, 1 'Bomber' is a whole squadron/escadrille of planes, which would include both bombers and fighters. A bit misleading, perhaps, but if you can come up with a better name, we will consider changing it.

I'm partial to "Jets"
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word