Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by , 15.03.2016 - 19:57
A ground transport would have a capacity of up to **3** units and would be much cheaper than an air transport or naval transport, allowing for it to be mass produced so all of those militiamen can get into battle quicker without needing to spend lots of cash on air transports.

+Cheap
+Can be built in any territory (mainland or coastal)
+Slightly more defense than an Air Transport or Naval Transport

-Slower than the Air Transport and Naval Transport
-Only carries 6 troops
-Shorter view range

As for implementing it I had two ideas, either it could be added with all the other vanilla troops or it could have it's own strategy (Ground Assault?) which would focus on ground transports, tanks and militia/infantry.

Whaddya think?

**Changed to 3 from 6 - I thought air/naval transports were 10 by default, I guess since I've been using upgrades for so long I forgot!
17.03.2016 - 17:53
block1
Account deleted
Written by Sun Tsu, 17.03.2016 at 14:43

After discussion, the ground transport should be restricted to carrying one of a specific unit type (I.e infantry), with a high purchase price - 4-600 is my proposal. This hopefully wont interfere with the game META, yet still provide a useful unit for close battles.

What would you say about 2 capacity, 400 cost and limited only to transporting infantry (marines, militia, infantry)? 1 capacity wouldn't really make it worth purchasing unless it had a decent range to go back and forth.
18.03.2016 - 07:42
Written by Cold Case, 17.03.2016 at 15:40

After discussion, the ground transport should be restricted to carrying one of a specific unit type (I.e infantry), with a high purchase price - 4-600 is my proposal. This hopefully wont interfere with the game META, yet still provide a useful unit for close battles.

Standard.
●Attack~1
●Defence~3(if you think sea trans have 2)
●Critical~4
●Range~5-4
●Capacity~1-2(mostly 1)
●HP~7
●View~16
●Cost~600-650(600 if cpct 1, 650 if cpct 2)
●Defence Bonus~none
●Cost per turn~65

With general.
● +1 Attack
● +1 Defence
● +2 Critical
● +3 HP
● +1 Range
● +4 View
● +1 Capacity
● -95 Cost

Possible upgrades.
●Ground Transport Capacity ( +1 Capacity)
●Cheaper Ground Transport ( -50 Cost )
●Faster Ground Transport ( +1 or 2 Range )

?

If its that expensive and only carries two, just buy an air trans and it can fly over water.
----
18.03.2016 - 09:17
Written by ROYAL, 18.03.2016 at 07:42

Standard.
●Attack~1
●Critical~4
●Range~5-4
●Capacity~1-2(mostly 1)
●HP~7
●View~16
●Defence Bonus~none
●Cost per turn~65

With general.
● +1 Attack
● +1 Defence
● +2 Critical
● +3 HP
● +1 Range
● +4 View
● +1 Capacity
● -95 Cost

Possible upgrades.

?

If its that expensive and only carries two, just buy an air trans and it can fly over water.

Reduce the price to less than a water transport... About 150-180, and increase the range to more than 5-4...thats less than an infantry...maybe 7-9. Also reduce the defense to 1 or 2. Cost per turn would be 10% so about 15-18 cost. And allow it to carry militia only rather than infantry if restrictions HAVE to be imposed.
I would much prefer a Stealth Humvee, for carrying Marines over land.
----

18.03.2016 - 09:21
Written by Darth., 18.03.2016 at 09:17

Written by ROYAL, 18.03.2016 at 07:42

Standard.
●Attack~1
●Critical~4
●Range~5-4
●Capacity~1-2(mostly 1)
●HP~7
●View~16
●Defence Bonus~none
●Cost per turn~65

With general.
● +1 Attack
● +1 Defence
● +2 Critical
● +3 HP
● +1 Range
● +4 View
● +1 Capacity
● -95 Cost

Possible upgrades.

?

Reduce the price to less than a water transport... About 150-180, and increase the range to more than 5-4...thats less than an infantry...maybe 7-9. Also reduce the defense to 1 or 2. Cost per turn would be 10% so about 15-18 cost. And allow it to carry militia only rather than infantry if restrictions HAVE to be imposed.
I would much prefer a Stealth Humvee, for carrying Marines over land.

Stealth humvee I like
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
25.03.2016 - 18:21
Most RP games have land transport units, despite this, I have never once seen anyone using land transports.
25.03.2016 - 18:40
To say the truth,I would be more glad to see this be a rare unit or optional.
----
24.05.2016 - 00:33
Late to the party, sorry. Don't tase me.

I think it should be called an Armored Personnel Carrier.

The vehicle should be intended only to increase the mobility of ground soldiers, i.e. Infantry, Militia, Generals and Field Marshals, and Marines. Units such as Tanks should not be transportable by the vehicle, just look at a picture of an APC and its clear there's no room for vehicles and equipment such as a tank, anti-aircraft, or artillery, so only ground fighting troops should be carriable on it. Also the vehicle should not be able to capture a city. Some rare ground units could be considered too like Exo-Infantry.

Capacity should be 3 or 4 and expandable through upgrades I and II just like ATs.

Price should be in between Transport and Air Transport.

Attack and defense should be the same as a Transport. This vehicle is not intended for direct fighting itself but rather the transport of fighting units.

The distance should be about the same or less than vanilla Infantry, so 5 or 6. Maybe even just 4. Too much and it could be op but the ability to add mobility relatively cheaply, especially when fielding Militia would be beneficial and help alleviate the problem of Militia you have nothing to do with.
----
Creator of banal posts
30.05.2016 - 22:19
I have the same problem with my clone of the World Map (tra115's World). I am currently changing it to:

A:1, D:2, CC:5, Col.:0, HP:7, R:8, VR:16, Cap.:8, Cost:240, transports only Militia.

Right now, it transports anything, which I agree with others here that is crazy.

What I would really like is to see the added ability to select defense bonuses and units to transport based on type of unit. For example, I would really like the ground transport to carry all human units (and would probably increase the cost to 400 or more). Right now, you can only select 1 specific unit. I would like to be able to select:

Ground: Secondary Defense
Ground: Main Defense, and
Ground: Stealth.

That would allow the ground transport to be a genuine troop carrier, instead of just one unit (Infantry or Militia, for example). It would also setting defense bonuses easier, though that's not strictly necessary. My suggestion is primarily for the transport menu in the unit configurator window.
----
Embrace the void
31.05.2016 - 00:19
My 2 cents on the subject, if u make it too cheap u give a significant boost to IF, cause u will be able to wall with those damn militias...
----
Seule la victoire est belle
09.06.2016 - 00:06
I just changed it again, this time to R:7, Capacity:5, Cost:300.
----
Embrace the void
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word