Get Premium to hide all ads
22.12.2011 - 20:37
Many players find it enjoyable to spectate matches, especially ones of skilled players. I believe things should be added to make this experience more enjoyable. We may need an option to toggle these settings on and off as well.

The first thing I think is a must is the ability to for spectators to see unit movement (not stealths) information between turns. This would allow them to get a better feel for the progression of the battle. It will also make the game more fair, as things like accused wall glitching can actually be seen and dismissed.

I also believe spectators should have the ability to see running graphs of information (Like you see at the end of games). These could include - battles, money, units, sp, and many others.

What do you think?
22.12.2011 - 21:12
I think its a good idea.

If you want to comment on the idea, feel free to post. If you want to comment on the match with Nate, please kindly exit the thread instead. This is a polite warning.
22.12.2011 - 21:14
It's a nice idea [seeing troop movement between turns], though I feel that running graphs of information would be somewhat useless though. the ability to see stats at the end of the game would be really cool though
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
22.12.2011 - 21:17
I fully support this idea

7/5
22.12.2011 - 21:24
I dont see the problem if the moves for a turn are displayed at the end of that turn/beginning of the next. Its not like the spectators can communicate any advantage just from seeing that.
22.12.2011 - 21:25
Agreed with ZOG, this could be easily abused. I think It's fine as is. I'm not so sure about that whole disable player's communication since you can pr so that's not a viable option imo.

EDIT: I just wanted to say I've seen glitches where you see stealth unit movements (quite often), I don't know if it is actually glitches or if it suppose to be that way but I'm going under the assumption this would happen if implemented (whether accidental or intentional, if intentional it would be very abusive since players don't typically look at the movements and friends could say where they are)
----
Written by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Written by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

22.12.2011 - 21:37
 Desu
First paragraph, sure.

Second paragraph.. The only way would be to show the aftermath bar you see at the ending/beginning of your turns--for the spectators--the entire turn. Like an extra panel they can bring up. This allows them to see the order of moves and what really happened. Of course only if rules allow for spectators to do this, for this game. (excluding stealth of course)

The running graphs is a, more or less, flawed idea. We already see some of these sets of information my clicking on the "Players" platform during a game. Merely adding the, "battles," "money," and whatever else is needed to this existing platform should suffice. Just make the graphs at the end of the game visible for spectators as well and there you go.
23.12.2011 - 01:24
I just feel like spectating needs a little something more. Maybe betting sp on who will win? Just something to add a little diversity.
23.12.2011 - 15:05
I disagree. its a cool idea but with the ability for spectators to view the movements of players especially skilled ones, people would easily be able to copy the tactics of others. Like Fruit was saying this can be abused.

I agree with the second half of this thread where players can see the graphs of information.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
23.12.2011 - 15:21
Just let spectators see the battle screen. Now will it make more sense to spectators becuase now they can see where the attacks were instead of just numbers decresing/increasing and colors changing. Problem solved. No abusing just seeing where the battles took place.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
23.12.2011 - 17:04
Everyone would copy players' styles without learning to play for themselves.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
24.12.2011 - 03:51
 YOBA
Fuck off it's abused. Just because everyone hates on SRB and stuff.

What we need is a mouseover maybe, at the top, that shows who is spectating. I'd fancy that. Spectators shouldn't be kicked, they can just be ignored. Enough said. Also, the graphs should be visible to them.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
24.12.2011 - 12:20
I agree with YOBA. This could help understand the game their spectating
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
05.01.2012 - 02:24
 Ivan (Admin)
Showing moves and units (especially stealth ones) is a big no-no. There are just too many ways to exploit that. Battles - maybe, but I bet people will somehow find ways to abuse that too...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word