Get Premium to hide all ads
06.04.2016 - 21:58
Great Combinator Guide

Preface
Great Combinator (GC) is a strategy that specializes in a symetrical balance of defence and offence. It combines the powers of attacking and defending at an expensive cost. Great Combinator (GC) is not a cheap strategy that produces large amounts of units. It's a quality over quantity strategy that best serves countries in rich income zones.

The following will underline basics and advanced tips, buying units, attacking neutrals flawlessly, the correct upgrades to purchase as well as the countries that are best for Great Combinator. (5k, 10k, 15k)

Basic Tips:

1) Use tanks to attack
2) Use infantry to defend
3) Great Combinator tanks are valuable yet fragile, protect them with a bit of infantry wherever they go
4) Use tanks to expand in neutral countries
5) It's called Great Combinator for a reason, so combine infantry and tanks together

Advanced Tips:

1) Use tanks to attack your enemy's larger stacks before reinforcement week
2) Avoid attacking your enemy's large armies if it isn't reinforcement week the following turn
3) Reinforce your new frontiers with infantry to defend your tanks
4) Create isolation frontiers to block your enemy from advancing in a specific direction. Thus, spam infantry in that city to hold that frontier for as long as possible, for ex; Being France, capture Rome (Italy) and spam infantry to a Turkish player attempting to capture Rome from Athens (Greece)
5) Use your general wisely, with Great Combinator, your general is very powerful. Wall your general stack wherever it goes and keep remaking that wall.
6) General tank attack and General infantry attack are valuable upgrades for Great Combinator. With these upgrades your general stack is strong both offensively and defensively.
7) Use the starting infantry on week 1 to wall important cities and stacks. Also use the infantry to defend your stacks and frontiers.
8) Great Combinator is an expensive strategy, always look to buy the right units for the right mission without spending too much money.
9) Avoid buying and using air transports for short and medium range assaults. Great Combinator has strong tanks therefore your expansion will still be good.
10) Only use air transports for long range missions or to stall or isolate your enemy.
11) Stay compact and solid, don't expand from cap-to-cap, knock down every city in your path!
12) Look to use naval transports instead of air transports. This will save you a lot of money in the long run.
13) Use bombers for long range turnblocks and wall breaking.
14) Always remember to break walls 2 weeks before reinforcement week to able yourself to attack cities 1 week before to finally capture them on reinforcement week for maximum and lethal damage.
15) Never use Great Combinator in 3k or 5k games, it is too expensive and infantry are weak offensively.
16) Great Combinator in 10k games is slow to start and requires a rich income zone like North America, the Chinas and Western Europe.
17) For 15k games and up, Great Combinator is a very powerful strategy. Use it wisely.

Expansion against militia neutrals:
1 tank beats 1 militia
2 tanks beats 2 militias
2 tanks beats 3 militias
3 tanks beats 4 militias
4 tanks beats 5 militias
4 tanks beats 6 militias
5 tanks beats 7 militias
5 tanks beats 8 militias

Expansion against infantry neutrals:
2 tanks beats 1 infantry
3 tanks beats 2 infantries
4 tanks beats 3 infantries
5 tanks beats 4 infantries
6 tanks beats 5 infantries
7 tanks beats 6 infantries
8 tanks beats 7 infantries
9 tanks beats 8 infantries

Strategy of Play (buying units)

Defensive GC
Tanks: 30%
Infantry:60%
Other: 10%

Offensive GC
Tanks: 60%
Infantry: 30%
Other: 10%

Mixed GC
Tanks: 45%
Infantry: 45%
Other:10%

Upgrades for Great Combinator
- General: Defence
- General: Ground Secondary Defence
- General: Ground Main Attack
- General: Ground Main Defence
- General: Movement Range
- Faster General 1
- Faster General 2
- Faster Ground Main Defence
- Expendable Ground Main Defence
- Naval Transport Capacity
- Air Transport Capacity 1
- Air Transport Capacity 2

15k countries for Great Combinator
- Anything in USA
- All Chinas
- France
- Uk
- Germany

10k countries for Great Combinator
- Ukraine
- Spain
- Germany
- France
- South Korea
- USA: Midwest

5k countries for Great Combinator
- Austria
- Poland
- Belarus
- Serbia
- Portugal
- Sweden

THANKS TO TOPHATS
----
06.04.2016 - 22:05
Written by PleaseMe, 06.04.2016 at 21:51

1) Use tanks to attack
2) Use infantry to defend

Seriously though, decent guide and thanks for sharing it.
----
"Riddle me this, Riddle me that...?" - The Riddler

06.04.2016 - 22:25
Written by PleaseMe, 06.04.2016 at 21:58

The original (by tops) can be found here: http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=6756&topicsearch=&page=2 if anybody's looking for it.
----
06.04.2016 - 22:28
Written by EndsOfInvention, 06.04.2016 at 22:25

The original (by tops) can be found here: http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=6756&topicsearch=&page=2 if anybody's looking for it.

So Mecoy literally copied it....
06.04.2016 - 22:29
Written by clovis1122, 06.04.2016 at 22:28

Written by EndsOfInvention, 06.04.2016 at 22:25

So Mecoy literally copied it....

I couldn't find the original. And I didn't know who the original was. It was in my clan forum so I figured I posted it here. I will give thanks to Top
----
09.04.2016 - 04:17
I think that even 4 GC Tank beat 8 milita, but it has some risk.
----
Do you fear death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare. All your sins punished.
09.04.2016 - 04:48
Written by Davy Jones, 09.04.2016 at 04:17

I think that even 4 GC Tank beat 8 milita, but it has some risk.

add 3/4 inf
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word