Get Premium to hide all ads
05.01.2012 - 13:52
 KYBL
Ive been working on WWII scenarios lately, and I always have to make 2 scenarios for it because the Soviets eventually switch sides. I think that you should be able to set a certain turn when the player automatically switches sides. I think this would be helpful for many people.
----

06.01.2012 - 17:27
Just make it in 1942
06.01.2012 - 17:35
 YOBA
Nah, I don't actually think that would work well in game terms, it would only be a historical thing. And furthermore, they were only bound by a non-aggression pact to Germany, not an alliance so they didn't really "switch sides".

In fact, if you want to make it somewhat unrealistic, you can have the Soviet Union as an entirely separate entity trying to incite a communist "revolution" around Europe, being reviled by both the Axis and the Allies. Stalin wasn't really a proponent of international communism like Lenin was and he picked the countries annexed or added to the USSR's sphere quite carefully, but you could always do an alternative history sort of game. Maybe one after WWII, Soviets (still millions of peasant conscripts!) versus the decimated and exhausted Allies?

As for not working well with the game, imagine this; the scenario becomes popular, or at least, has a loyal following assuming it's good enough. This loyal following will know exactly how to cheat its way around the scenario to produce results favourable to it and its friends. Eventually, all strategy becomes redundant because for instance, the Soviet Union was unwilling to attack the Allies at first knowing it had to build up for the coming invasion. And furthermore, it would certainly feel a lot like a backstab. I can imagine Finland and Germany piling up troops near Leningrad, Kiev and Moscow.

I don't think this should be implemented at all, for the reason stated above. Comments welcome, I'm willing to argue over this not being put in the scenario editor.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word