Get Premium to hide all ads
01.02.2011 - 22:44
Pride
Account deleted
This has happened twice to me today...Playing a game and things are fine until..things come to a close..and since the one on the short end of the stick is the admin..they use that to there advantage...or start being a tool...first game was..since my part of the world was rather large..and his was getting smaller and smaller..he put the turn time to one min..to give me less time to deal with my things...

The other was just now...Playing a game and as me and my ally take everyone else out we start working on the last guy...once he is clearly not going to win he asked to ally up...We of course do not.. Its not really a game at that point..so he turns into a cry baby and puts the turn time up as high as it can go.

Now in both of theses moments..We came out ontop..however... If it were to become common place. It would certainly ruin this game for me that I am pretty happy to play as I know many others are...

So is there anything that can be done about this when an admin goes rogue and tries to used his admin powers to mess over his opponent.
01.02.2011 - 23:46
A good strategy is if you ever fight a player you know is an admin, always try to rush for their capital if it it is a capital victory game, get him out quickly and you wont have that problem. Good news is that many people do not play that way when they are admin.
01.02.2011 - 23:50
True also when you start pissing people off. people rember your name it can be quite painfull
02.02.2011 - 01:08
Very painfull
02.02.2011 - 02:53
I agree,
got the same thing today, with admin refusing to put more time on turns. It's the game, but it is annoying.
02.02.2011 - 03:08
With the new rep system, just down-rep those who play like this. When people start seeing players with like -20 rep, they'll learn somethings up. Actually maybe it'd be nice if small snippets could be added for why you rep/downrep someone. So when you give someone bad rep you could post 'abuses admin' or something.
02.02.2011 - 03:53
Just wanted to point out that this is actually a recurring problem:

Written by Sificvoid, 15.11.2010 at 11:18

Ok, so can we change the fact that you can change the duration of turns after the game has started? This is yet another exploit.

I am playing a game with Guest12345 in Africa. I take over whole continent, he has 3 countries left. He says to me, "ally with me so we can end". I say to him, "No, iplan on winning". so then he changes turn duration to 60 minutes and leaves his keyboard....

http://afterwind.com/events/news_comments.php?news_id=9
Quote:
Turn duration is now maximum 12 minutes. This is done to avoid exploits with losing players setting the turn to 60 minutes.

Written by Colt556, 02.02.2011 at 03:08

With the new rep system, just down-rep those who play like this. When people start seeing players with like -20 rep, they'll learn somethings up. Actually maybe it'd be nice if small snippets could be added for why you rep/downrep someone. So when you give someone bad rep you could post 'abuses admin' or something.

I don't think you can -- rep

During games, when I find it appropriate to change the turn duration, I ask all players in that game to cast a vote for the change. I think it would be cool to have all players in a game have to 'vote in' a change in turn duration through some sort of dialog... maybe on the page where you accept peace/alliance requests at the beginning of your turn?
----
~
02.02.2011 - 03:59
 Ivan (Admin)
The solution will be a democratic change of options (by voting/average).

We decided not to allow -rep, my experience shows that it leads to too much negativity and hostility among users.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word