Get Premium to hide all ads
14.02.2012 - 20:21
The idea behind this is basic enough, just a profile statistic visible to the public about alliances made and how many of those get broken.

The main purpose I suggest this for is to find SP Whores (Idiots who break alliances just to earn more SP because they can)
----
~goodnamesalltaken~
14.02.2012 - 20:30
Support
----
Qui non proficit, deficit. UCR 5/5/11-2/14/12. 6/17/12 - Coniunctum, sumus invicta.
14.02.2012 - 21:29
Support 100%
----
"Austria the shield and Prussia the sword!" Too bad that they are attached to the wrong arm: The right one holds the defiantly gli stening shield, and the left one is supposed to wield the sword"
-Franz Grillparzer, Prussian Officer
15.02.2012 - 01:49
Support!
15.02.2012 - 02:51
Do not support.

whether you like it or not, forming and breaking pacts are just a tactic that is part of the game, listing every player that is a backstabber will turn this game into a permanent team game, sorry.
15.02.2012 - 06:26
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Written by nonames, 15.02.2012 at 02:51

Do not support.

whether you like it or not, forming and breaking pacts are just a tactic that is part of the game, listing every player that is a backstabber will turn this game into a permanent team game, sorry.

I agree with you. How many alliances you have broken in your time playing shouldn't be made public. If you guys have a problem with those who break alliances (I admit they are annoying), reform the alliance system itself. If we added this stat then it would follow that we have a statistic showing how much you turn block or wall glitch per turn.

In short, legitimate problem, illegitimate answer.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
15.02.2012 - 07:31
 YOBA
Written by Acquiesce, 15.02.2012 at 06:26

Written by nonames, 15.02.2012 at 02:51

Do not support.

I agree with you. How many alliances you have broken in your time playing shouldn't be made public. If you guys have a problem with those who break alliances (I admit they are annoying), reform the alliance system itself. If we added this stat then it would follow that we have a statistic showing how much you turn block or wall glitch per turn.

In short, legitimate problem, illegitimate answer.

This. Every game is different, and many lead to complicated situations. Sometimes a player acts like a giant douche and people de-ally them for this exact reason. I could recount several such experiences, but so has everyone else. It would be extremely unfair especially on long-time players.

And naming and shaming these people just wouldn't work. That wouldn't make them change their behaviour.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
15.02.2012 - 09:14
You're right about broken alliances, but I don't see why made alliances wouldn't be a nice addition to the statistics?
15.02.2012 - 12:29
 YOBA
Written by Caulerpa, 15.02.2012 at 09:14

You're right about broken alliances, but I don't see why made alliances wouldn't be a nice addition to the statistics?

Because it's more or less a form of FUD that just ruins all form of trust in this game, as well as potential drama should things go awry. We need to learn to accept that alliancefags can expect their alliances to be broken (by themselves, rather often), but when they finally change their ways, they will be ostracised from alliances for life (well, by people that look at the profiles of others).
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
15.02.2012 - 14:12
HolyCacaocow
Account deleted
Do not Support.
Numbers don't tell the whole story in this case, and I say that as a person who never broke any alliance.
Also I don't see the point in counting the made alliances. Shows literally nothing.
20.02.2012 - 08:00
Written by Stomach Ulcers, 15.02.2012 at 15:42

If you don't want your ally to break with you, don't be a poor player and be ready for anything. The only reason i'd break alliance with someone i'd allied early on is:

1: They aren't pulling their weight
2: They're incredibly weak from doing not much because they've been relying on me.

In short adding this alliance broken count just makes a player seem like more of an asshole than they need to be seen as.

I agree
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word